• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Any Tamil Brahmin Builders in Chennai?

• Thread starter Thread starter shiva0544
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in India in 2011 at the world sanskrit fair..there was a request at a certain booth for charity for deserving Brahmin children to study at the Vedapathashala.
They came from poor brahmin families and needed some financial support.

So I donated some money for them since the little kids were also present reciting vedic mantras at the fair.

Then at ISCKON temple there was Akshayapatram, a school meal project and I donated for that too.

I am NOT saying this to brag but just wanted to highlight that at the Sanskrit Fair the brahmin kids were the deserving candidates to propagate religion and vedas, so I donated.

At the ISCKON temple the village kids were the deserving candidates for a donation for school meal.

When we only see the "deservingness"of a candidate, automatically all caste barriers are broken.

When I was in India in 2011 at the world sanskrit fair..there was a request at a certain booth for charity for deserving Brahmin children to study at the Vedapathashala.
They came from poor brahmin families and needed some financial support.

So I donated some money for them since the little kids were also present reciting vedic mantras at the fair.

Then at ISCKON temple there was Akshayapatram, a school meal project and I donated for that too.

I am NOT saying this to brag but just wanted to highlight that at the Sanskrit Fair the brahmin kids were the deserving candidates to propagate religion and vedas, so I donated.

At the ISCKON temple the village kids were the deserving candidates for a donation for school meal.

When we only see the "deservingness"of a candidate, automatically all caste barriers are broken.
hi renu...

you are nice....you born and brought up in a different country....here in india not only in admissions/jobs are based on caste. but also

still even now govt passed resolution that goverment promotions are based on caste system...secularism is on the paper not in reality

in india.....

hi renu...

you are nice....you born and brought up in a different country....here in india not only in admissions/jobs are based on caste. but also

still even now govt passed resolution that goverment promotions are based on caste system...secularism is on the paper not in reality

in india.....

Dear TBS,

The reservation system is nothing really new to us Indians and Chinese here too when it comes to university entry,government jobs, promotions and also business contracts cos there is some quota for those who are native to this country.
So we face the same situation faced by the "forward caste" in India.

We need to score very high marks to get into University for example for MBBS we need to score really very high.
Even in job promotions we need to work extra hard and there is a reservation policy too.

But even with this reservation system... that has never stopped anyone of us to render help to a Non Indian or Non Hindu here.
Most Malaysians regardless of their race and religion donate to each other in time of need.

Last edited:

hi renu,
its not so easy to be broken.....stilll more and more new caste systems are forming in india....only mulayam singh party was

against the resolution in parliament....all others want continue the reservation caste system....THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY

WITHOUT CASTE IN INDIA.....DEMOCRACY RUN BASED ON CASTE SYSTEM IN INDIA...MAINLY VOTE BANK BASED ON CASTE....

so nobody break so easily....if caste/religion gone in india....then no democracy in india.....secularism canot survive without

caste....

dear sir !
the people are habituated to discrimination and favoritism in some form or other .now it is caste and in future it may be something .till we act with humanity ,the evil will continue.Previously high school education was sufficient and nowadays PG is not getting good job.a factory owner son could get scholarship while a government officer son is being denied the same cos of his pay certificate.irrespective of caste and qualification the recommendation works well now.
guruvayurappan

Amitab bachan belongs to the 'indian' caste and you belong to 'human' caste; so it appears everybody wants to belong to a caste. Both are irrelevant answers. The right answer will be - I do not belong to any caste listed in indian government's caste list.

Not belonging to any varna or jati is acceptable; no one is hounded for that (except hindus in muslim countries). Demanding everyone to give up his varna-kula-jati is not right as it displays 'I am only right' syndrome.

I don't know..but since I was a child I only thought of myself as Hindu only.
I never really bothered to even identify myself too much with any community or caste.
Even today when people ask me my caste..I answer that "I am human caste"..but people react badly when such answers are given!LOL

Never specifically felt I need to identify too much with any community or culture but I just felt that I need to know about God more.

Not belonging to any varna or jati is acceptable; no one is hounded for that (except hindus in muslim countries). Demanding everyone to give up his varna-kula-jati is not right as it displays 'I am only right' syndrome.

I was just relating the environment I grew up in..in fact I was not even aware what type of Indian I was till I was teenager when others in school asked me "what type of Indian are you..what's your caste etc"

Only then I went home and asked my mum and dad what is caste and what type of Indian am I.

Till I was a teen I was not even aware that my father is South Indian and my mum is North Indian cos the topic of race and caste was never discussed in the house openly.

No one is asking anyone to give up anything but holding on too tight to external identification is not too good too in the long run.
We have no idea what we were in our previous births and what we will be in our future births..so just embrace humanity and the world will be a better place.

Last edited:
dear sir !
the people are habituated to discrimination and favoritism in some form or other .now it is caste and in future it may be something .till we act with humanity ,the evil will continue.Previously high school education was sufficient and nowadays PG is not getting good job.a factory owner son could get scholarship while a government officer son is being denied the same cos of his pay certificate.irrespective of caste and qualification the recommendation works well now.
guruvayurappan

Sir you are right.
Hatred and divisiveness never brought any prosperity and harmony. And two wrongs do not make it right.
If Brahmins wants to isolate themselves into a tiny island, they will disappear with the next high tide. There are some dinosaurs among us who know they are going to be extinct soon and they want the rest the community to go with them. The smart youngsters will create their own path for survival, if they can resist these divisive voices.

Dear Mr.Brahmin,

Thinking as Indians, having patriotism, respecting and being friendly with each and every community etc is not that we brahmins detest, nor do the other communities. Every one is just conscious about associating with a good person.

If people from Brahmin community have their specific preferences/likes revolving around fellow brahmins and brahminism, there is nothing in it that need to be considered as a bad idea, discriminating sense, exclusivity etc.

There is nothing wrong to contribute to the best of our ability towards brahmin community in some way or other. One as a brahmin can wish to give business opportunities to Brahmins, one way wish to give financial aid to poor brahmin children/students, one may wish to provide job opportunities to competent brahmins, one may wish to come up with some unique strategy to help brahmin purohits/learned vedic scholars to sustain their profession and live a descent life etc..etc..etc. These are also a great contribution for the betterment of a community in a society where there exists many different communities doing the same among them.

Collectively, the society should be healthy. Your approach and your selections may differ (for any community) BUT all revolves around some affiliations with some sense of liking and responsibility.

Let us think posititive anything related to Brahmins, Brahmins Society and Brahmins Wellfare AND help build a healthy society where each group has its group affiliations, rights, priviledges, respect and dignity.

I believe that would be the true sense of being True Indians, accepting unity in diversit Dear Ravi as i had already written to Amala that Dear Amala i totally agree with u & i know she is very smart & intelligent & she know what i am trying to say here.

Last edited:
The intention of shiva is to settle a decent life in chennai and i dont think anything bad beyond that. But the tamil brahmin families who are very rich or brought up in other states or in chennai city or brought up in other countries are not knowing the pains of brought up of tamil brahmin children from rural and suburban and urban tamil nadu and the boy or girl are facing humiliation in schools and teased as pappan or pappathis everywhere from childhood to to death

I don't know..but since I was a child I only thought of myself as Hindu only.
I never really bothered to even identify myself too much with any community or caste.

Never specifically felt I need to identify too much with any community or culture but I just felt that I need to know about God more.

The intention of shiva is to settle a decent life in chennai and i dont think anything bad beyond that. But the tamil brahmin families who are very rich or brought up in other states or in chennai city or brought up in other countries are not knowing the pains of brought up of tamil brahmin children from rural and suburban and urban tamil nadu and the boy or girl are facing humiliation in schools and teased as pappan or pappathis everywhere from childhood to to death

As far as I know some backward castes are teased even more and not given any respect by almost everybody else in the caste scale.
When I was in India as a student..no one in my college used to tease anyone based on caste.
In fact none of us even cared to know about caste...we just saw each other as friends and nothing more.

In college....to be popular one had to be good looking and good in studies..that was the only criteria.

Caste was never a criteria...so in the top 10 popular people you would find people from almost every part of India and the world.
Every community was there in the popular list.

The pick up line used to be "wow who is that hot chick!"
So I can safely say the even during my college days 1990-1995 itself no one bothered for caste.

Last edited:

in india.....

Perhaps, this discussion should be in a separate thread, but the fact is that reservation in job promotion has been there for several decades. The Supreme court contended that such reservations in promotion should be implemented only in cases of inadequate representation. The recent amendment tries to preclude this requirement. Exclusive benefits based on caste and religion is the bedrock of Indian politics.

As far as I know some backward castes are teased even more and not given any respect by almost everybody else in the caste scale.
When I was in India as a student..no one in my college used to tease anyone based on caste.
In fact none of us even cared to know about caste...we just saw each other as friends and nothing more.

In college....to be popular one had to be good looking and good in studies..that was the only criteria.

Caste was never a criteria...so in the top 10 popular people you would find people from almost every part of India and the world.
Every community was there in the popular list.

The pick up line used to be "wow who is that hot chick!"
So I can safely say the even during my college days 1990-1995 itself no one bothered for caste.

I was raised in North India, and caste was never a problem. It seems in Tamil Nadu, brahmins's being suppressed carry the grudge even today. I can not speak to that, so my experience is similar to yours. My experience was during 60's.

hi renu,
its not so easy to be broken.....stilll more and more new caste systems are forming in india....only mulayam singh party was

against the resolution in parliament....all others want continue the reservation caste system.....

If you think Mulayam Singh opposes this amendement because he is against caste-based reservation in jobs and promotions, then you are completely wrong.

Mulayam Singh wants the same benefits (i.e. the benefit of reservations in promotion without showing inadequate representation) extended to OBCs also.

He is a honest politician trying to safeguard the interests of his group.

I was just relating the environment I grew up in..in fact I was not even aware what type of Indian I was till I was teenager when others in school asked me "what type of Indian are you..what's your caste etc"
so just embrace humanity and the world will be a better place.

It is all nice to write and hear such words, but, in India, govt discrimination is not only in the realms of higher education or jobs.

For example, TN govt announced a scheme to provide free bicycles to girl students enrolled in government school. Of course, benefit not extended if you belong to general category (determined only based on one's caste). Such advice won't hold water in front of heartbroken kids who return empty handed owing to their caste.

It is all easy to call others as "whining" or "carrying a grudge", when one does not have to face such invidious discrimination.

கால பைரவன்;155794 said:
It is all nice to write and hear such words, but, in India, govt discrimination is not only in the realms of higher education or jobs.

For example, TN govt announced a scheme to provide free bicycles to girl students enrolled in government school. Of course, benefit not extended if you belong to general category (determined only based on one's caste). Such advice won't hold water in front of heartbroken kids who return empty handed owing to their caste.

It is all easy to call others as "whining" or "carrying a grudge", when one does not have to face such invidious discrimination.

As far as I know people of Tamil Nadu are very welcoming to anyone..whoever it might be even though the person might not be from their community.

Tamil Nadu people love their Cine Stars who are off Non Tamil Origin..like MGR, Rajinikanth etc.
Everyone is Tamil Nadu knows that MGR was a Keralite and Rajini is a Marathi but that still did not stop them from loving these two.

I don't know..I feel most TN people are simple at heart and do not really have hatred for anyone who respects and loves them.

May be someway down the line..politicians messed up the scenario.

When I was flying to India..a Jaat Indian airforce personnel I met was praising Tamilians.
He said from his years of service in airforce in India he has come to learn that Tamil people are very kind hearted, loving and will help anyone and not show offish at all.
He said he has high regards for Tamilians.

Last edited:
And he played the same game in women reservation bill too. Till his community benefits by reservation, he will stall.

Better go back to the original constitution provisions and abolish all reservation after timeout, which is the case now.

கால பைரவன்;155792 said:
If you think Mulayam Singh opposes this amendement because he is against caste-based reservation in jobs and promotions, then you are completely wrong.

Mulayam Singh wants the same benefits (i.e. the benefit of reservations in promotion without showing inadequate representation) extended to OBCs also.

He is a honest politician trying to safeguard the interests of his group.

As far as I know people of Tamil Nadu are very welcoming to anyone..whoever it might be even though the person might not be from their community.

Tamil Nadu people love their Cine Stars who are off Non Tamil Origin..like MGR, Rajinikanth etc.
Everyone is Tamil Nadu knows that MGR was a Keralite and Rajini is a Marathi but that still did not stop them from loving these two.

I don't know..I feel most TN people are simple at heart and do not really have hatred for anyone who respects and loves them.

May be someway down the line..politicians messed up the scenario.

When I was flying to India..a Jaat Indian airforce personnel I met was praising Tamilians.
He said from his years of service in airforce in India he has come to learn that Tamil people are very kind hearted, loving and will help anyone and not show offish at all.
He said he has high regards for Tamilians.

In the example I quoted, the father of the friend of affected girl, who is not from general category, argued in support of the affected girl against the officials.

It is not my intention to write against individuals from any caste.

I am only pointing out that whatever camaraderie that you are talking about will not sustain in face of such invidious discrimination, which is becoming ubiquitous these days in India.

And he played the same game in women reservation bill too. Till his community benefits by reservation, he will stall.

Better go back to the original constitution provisions and abolish all reservation after timeout, which is the case now.
hi
it is not to going to happen....as far as congress govt in power...they want extent as much as possible....in fact they want

include muslims in this fold....no politicians want caste system just fade away....uniform code and conduxt was not succesded..

may be political reason....the country divided based religion and states are created based on languages are biggest mistake

of independent india,,,,,the consequences are now seen evey corner of the country.....

casteism will exist along with our religion. Only discrimination to go

hi
it is not to going to happen....as far as congress govt in power...they want extent as much as possible....in fact they want

include muslims in this fold....no politicians want caste system just fade away....uniform code and conduxt was not succesded..

may be political reason....the country divided based religion and states are created based on languages are biggest mistake

of independent india,,,,,the consequences are now seen evey corner of the country.....

dear prasad !
i am not for helping any body based on caste only.but at the same time not seeing anything wrong in helping his own caste people on merit.for how many decades, one section has to suffer for injustice done in the previous generations .we creating another less privileged community just like making every body poor based on socialism .
guruvayurappan

The dinosaurs can not resurrect itself. The Brahmins in Tamil Nadu are never going to be in power. Some people who have migrated out for their personal reasons should not try to isolate the tamil brahmins who are still in tamil nadu. It is best for the Tb is TN to decide the best way for their success. I do not believe that isolationism will bring success to the community. But you are free to have your own opinion.

Last edited:
The Brahmins in Tamil Nadu are never going to be in power.
Dear Mr.Prasad, Good Morning,

we do have a chief Minister who pridely called herelf a Brahmin while taking oath as CM for the first time. Her good friend and political advisor of sort is Cho ramasamy who is also a Brahmin.... but nothing can be done for the brahmins as any action by her towards the community will be vehemently opposed by Mr.Karunanindhi her arch rival and she will be trapped to go against any such action which may favour the TB's. My daughter sufferred a lot because of the reservation... inspite getting 97% in her 12th exams her govt declared position was 13659, as a sc or obc with 50% were there before her in the queue. This would not have happened in North as there still you will get good college with high percentage.
Brahmins are treated bad in TN is a truth which no one can deny, & shri.Guruvayurappan or Shri.KB have stated the facts only.

If there is any good project around porur area,chennai with reputed any caste builder pls. inform me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back