• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to be Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate height, After Accident, all wounded actors directly enters into OPERATION THEATER....!!!!!

With oxygen mask, new blood circulation etc.,

All nurses roaming around here and there ...!!! Cardiogram readings...... deeed eenn dednennd......!!!!

then after completion of a lengthy dialogue, They gives permission to lord yama....

hmmmm....!!!!

Renu madam, ithellam neenga ketkamaatteengala????

hi dr ,to yur post 97, its all in the movie game.(i remember actor vivake ,stating for a question does he know wat cancer is ,he says yes ,i hav seen it in many movies which educate all common man ,for mistaking zodic sign in DHOOL movie ) so ,its like so many terms make get famillar through the big silver screen.

mr ashok ,romba overa irrukku..half of the people get get corrupted by the cooked up stories of small screen & big silver screen. so they accept all gimicks ,if our practice is decent ,why going for these stuff.(often they get misguided by these stuff.)

Ultimate height, After Accident, all wounded actors directly enters into OPERATION THEATER....!!!!!

With oxygen mask, new blood circulation etc.,

All nurses roaming around here and there ...!!! Cardiogram readings...... deeed eenn dednennd......!!!!

then after completion of a lengthy dialogue, They gives permission to lord yama....

hmmmm....!!!!

Renu madam, ithellam neenga ketkamaatteengala????

Yes you are right..try our best and leave the rest to Yama!!LOL

1. The bride won't KNOW that she is pregnant but the doctor will find it out checking her pulse in her wrist.

2. The Leukemia patient will be a Tarzan... dancing, singing and running around trees and if possible also swinging from them.

3. The liver cancer patient on death bed will recover miraculously even without a surgery or a transplant.

4. The hero will pull out all the life supporting system including oxygen, walk out of the ICU and the hospital unnoticed, walk to the secret hideout of the villain and take revenge on him.

That is why I told in Old is Gold (concluding episodes)
we must disconnect the logic part of our brain before we sit down to watch a movie.

ha ha ha..you know have you wondered how come in movies Blood Cancer(Leukemia) is diagnosed by just checking the pulse rate?

And in some movie also some diagnosis where a girl cant have a married relationship cos she will die if she did so.

All weird diagnosis..wonder why the cant get some doctor to help them out with their script requirements.

hi DR , to your post 100, it happens .really few patients are innocent & ignorant we can see it &feel ,& they are very humble ,but few cases as you stated,OMG ,they can go any level confuse DR ,and also themself & take time to get settled .(many examples we see DR but those stuff will sound too much here.hope we do not go out of topic)

To answer your question How to be happy,

You can never able to achieve that state because, most fundamentally, recognize that happiness is a state of mind.

To simplify the terms, how well you are fooling your mind, where you can make your mind feel like being very happy.

If you are exited about something, do it then and there...!!!

From my experience, If I want to see my Mom, I just talk to her atlength and tune my mind as I am talking to her physically.

Imagination is one of the best qualities of a human being, I always imagine any damn thing which makes me happier today.

Can we imagine on a continual basis & sustain it 24 x 7..Consider a joke being cracked...It tickles our senses & We laugh & during that process we get happiness..But it is momentary...However we cannot be listening to jokes throughout the day...Then what should be experience that we we attain the state of hapiness

Yes Dr. C.N! In olden days they would show a flickering lamp or a lantern.
Subha Panthuvaraali would flow like juice squeezed out of a fruit.
The doctor would remove his spectacles and do :tsk: before speaking in his deep tone that famous dialogue.

hello VR,mam, certain conditions will be as WAIT AND WATCH SITUATIONS ,to elicit the features of the diseases and so that becomes a valuable cinema dialogue.(the DR,removes his /her opticals and state this version with a deep back ground music and so on........)

I am posting the Happiness tips shared by a famous Guru:

# 1 Happiness is your nature. This relaxation is the space in which happiness grows, and again I repeat: for no reason atall. It is not that you are happy because of something. You are simply happy. Happiness isyour nature.

# 2 : Don’t choose. Accept life as it is in its totality. You must look at the total: life and death together, love and hatetogether, happiness/unhappiness together, agony/ecstasy together. If you look at them together,then what is there to choose? If you see they are one, then from where can choice enter? How tochoose? Then choice drops.

# 3 : Difference between happiness and bliss. Your happiness is caused. Sometimes a friend has come and you are happy. How long are you going tobe happy with the friend? A few moments — and then you will be happy when he leaves. What type of happiness is this? It is caused, and the cause disappears. Bliss is a happiness uncaused. Simply as youare, you are happy. There is nothing to say about why you are happy.

# 4 : Seek the witnessing within you Just look: happiness, unhappiness, sadness, joy, they come and go, they are beggars around you. The witnessing remains the very center, uncaused, unchanging, one. Seek that within youand then everything becomes clear. When you are clear within, everything is transparent. The truth is everywhere around you, only you have to become one.

# 5 : Happiness needs no cause. It is your simple nature, you are intrinsically happy. No cause, nopurpose, no goal is needed. Life is in itself enough. It needs nothing else to complete it. It iscomplete! It is entire! It is already what it has to be. So there is no purpose in existence and no goal in existence. Existence is a sheer dance.

# 6 : A healthy psychology is not ambitious. You are happy as you are, so there is no need for you to become a president of the country.Then will you be happy? No president is happy, because happiness has nothing to do with your post, with your money, with your power. It has something to do with your inner change, innertransformation.

# 7 : Every action has its intrinsic reward or punishment. So a man of intelligence soon starts finding what are the acts which bring you happiness, joy,blissfulness, and what are the actions which create misery, suffering. There is no need to wait for the last judgment day, there is no need to wait after death — you will be thrown into hell or into heaven. Each moment completes itself.

# 8 : The simple secret of happiness. Whatever you are doing, don’t let past move your mind; don’t let future disturb you. Becausethe past is no more, and the future is not yet. To live in the memories, to live in the imagination,is to live in the non-existential. And when you are living in the non-existential, you are missing that which is existential. Naturally you will be miserable, because you will miss your whole life.

Tip # 9 : Happiness is a byproduct. Happiness happens when truth is achieved. But if you are seeking happiness you cannot achieve truth, because happiness is a byproduct; you cannot achieve it directly, there is no way to it — it comes via truth. If you reach the true, happiness will happen; it is a shadow, it comes with the truth. But if you seek happiness, then happiness is not possible and truth is missed.

# 10 : Be happy when alone. Let happiness be your quality. And when you move from aloneness into involvement, into communication, relationship, carry that quality of happiness which was in loneliness — carry that.

# 11 : Happiness is an art. It is a way of life. Ask for happiness and you will never get it. There is only one way to be happy, and that is to be happy here, now. Happiness is not a result. It is a way of life. Happiness is not the end result of desire. It is anattitude, not a desire. You can be happy here and now if you know how to be, but you will never behappy if you don’t know how to be and you go on desiring it.

# 12 : Happiness is happening all around you. Allow it to enter within. Be part of existence. In fact, it has already happened but you are not aware of it. Then you will be fulfilled. Non-ambitious, you will be fulfilled. Don’t move into the future. Existence nevermoves into the future; only mind does. This is what I call meditation: to be here, to not move into thefuture. And then you will be deathless and eternal life will have happened to you.

Any guesess for the Guru?

Happiness is like Love..its an experience.Only when its gone you realize its presence.

No Ms Renuka madam, I will have to disagree with that.

I think most of us know when we are happy, satisfied, contented. Just like most of us (I hope!) know when we are in love. God is in heaven, and all is right with the world ...

hi
astadasa puraneshu vyasya vachana dwayam....paropkara punyaya papaaya para peedanam....

means in all eighteen puranas...vyasa's 2 sentences.....help others get punyam....harm others get paapam....so helping others
in time....makes more happy...

Renuka Madam,
Hope all of you are safe after the massive earthquake in Indonesia

Dear vgane,

Thank you for the concern.
Tremors were felt more in Penang Island North of Malaysia where my brother is staying and they felt tremors at home objects were shaking,beds were shaking too and some glass windows broke.

Where I stay I felt extremely giddy and felt the ground moving but I had no idea it was a tremor cos other family members didnt feel it.

Last edited:
Dear vgane,

Tremors were felt more in Penang Island North of Malaysia where my brother is staying and they felt tremors at home where are objects were shaking and some glass windows broke.

Where I stay I felt extremely giddy and felt the ground moving but I had no idea it was a tremor cos other family members didnt feel it.
hi renu,
hows earth quake situation....take care...as a doctor do good for humnanity.....

hi renu,
hows earth quake situation....take care...as a doctor do good for humnanity.....

Here its Ok..just tremors and after shocks felt.
But whenever there is an earth quake in Indonesia somehow a few days before I tend to feel giddy and extremely irritable until my husband always jokes:
"are we going to have an earth quake soon cos everytime you display these symptoms there will be an earth quake in Indonesia in a few days time"

So I guess we humans too havent lost the ability to feel an upcoming tremor and earth quake like our animal friends.

Last edited:
Tremors here, there and everywhere have hopefully subsided!
Oh dear Renu! Your absence for one day seemed so long and HEAVY!!!

Dear vgane,

Tremors were felt more in Penang Island North of Malaysia where my brother is staying and they felt tremors at home objects were shaking,beds were shaking too and some glass windows broke.

...the flowers bloom, the birds sing and life goes on as

usual! Am I correct Mr. Biswa?

No Ms Renuka madam, I will have to disagree with that.

I think most of us know when we are happy, satisfied, contented. Just like most of us (I hope!) know when we are in love. God is in heaven, and all is right with the world ...

Tremors here, there and everywhere have hopefully subsided!
Oh dear Renu! Your absence for one day seemed so long and HEAVY!!!

Dear VR Ji,

It was a public holiday yesterday cos of Coronation of new King so I was not online much besides posting Sai Lives thread and I was feeling too giddy so I was resting whole day yesterday.
I am Ok now.

Shows that you still remain connected to nature, unlike many other people!

Dear VR Ji,

It was a public holiday yesterday cos of Coronation of new King so I was not online much besides posting Sai Lives thread and I was feeling too giddy so I was resting whole day yesterday.
I am Ok now.

I am posting the Happiness tips shared by a famous Guru:

# 1 Happiness is your nature. This relaxation is the space in which happiness grows, and again I repeat: for no reason atall. It is not that you are happy because of something. You are simply happy. Happiness isyour nature.

# 2 : Don’t choose. Accept life as it is in its totality. You must look at the total: life and death together, love and hatetogether, happiness/unhappiness together, agony/ecstasy together. If you look at them together,then what is there to choose? If you see they are one, then from where can choice enter? How tochoose? Then choice drops.

# 3 : Difference between happiness and bliss. Your happiness is caused. Sometimes a friend has come and you are happy. How long are you going tobe happy with the friend? A few moments — and then you will be happy when he leaves. What type of happiness is this? It is caused, and the cause disappears. Bliss is a happiness uncaused. Simply as youare, you are happy. There is nothing to say about why you are happy.

# 4 : Seek the witnessing within you Just look: happiness, unhappiness, sadness, joy, they come and go, they are beggars around you. The witnessing remains the very center, uncaused, unchanging, one. Seek that within youand then everything becomes clear. When you are clear within, everything is transparent. The truth is everywhere around you, only you have to become one.

# 5 : Happiness needs no cause. It is your simple nature, you are intrinsically happy. No cause, nopurpose, no goal is needed. Life is in itself enough. It needs nothing else to complete it. It iscomplete! It is entire! It is already what it has to be. So there is no purpose in existence and no goal in existence. Existence is a sheer dance.

# 6 : A healthy psychology is not ambitious. You are happy as you are, so there is no need for you to become a president of the country.Then will you be happy? No president is happy, because happiness has nothing to do with your post, with your money, with your power. It has something to do with your inner change, innertransformation.

# 7 : Every action has its intrinsic reward or punishment. So a man of intelligence soon starts finding what are the acts which bring you happiness, joy,blissfulness, and what are the actions which create misery, suffering. There is no need to wait for the last judgment day, there is no need to wait after death — you will be thrown into hell or into heaven. Each moment completes itself.

# 8 : The simple secret of happiness. Whatever you are doing, don’t let past move your mind; don’t let future disturb you. Becausethe past is no more, and the future is not yet. To live in the memories, to live in the imagination,is to live in the non-existential. And when you are living in the non-existential, you are missing that which is existential. Naturally you will be miserable, because you will miss your whole life.

Tip # 9 : Happiness is a byproduct. Happiness happens when truth is achieved. But if you are seeking happiness you cannot achieve truth, because happiness is a byproduct; you cannot achieve it directly, there is no way to it — it comes via truth. If you reach the true, happiness will happen; it is a shadow, it comes with the truth. But if you seek happiness, then happiness is not possible and truth is missed.

# 10 : Be happy when alone. Let happiness be your quality. And when you move from aloneness into involvement, into communication, relationship, carry that quality of happiness which was in loneliness — carry that.

# 11 : Happiness is an art. It is a way of life. Ask for happiness and you will never get it. There is only one way to be happy, and that is to be happy here, now. Happiness is not a result. It is a way of life. Happiness is not the end result of desire. It is anattitude, not a desire. You can be happy here and now if you know how to be, but you will never behappy if you don’t know how to be and you go on desiring it.

# 12 : Happiness is happening all around you. Allow it to enter within. Be part of existence. In fact, it has already happened but you are not aware of it. Then you will be fulfilled. Non-ambitious, you will be fulfilled. Don’t move into the future. Existence nevermoves into the future; only mind does. This is what I call meditation: to be here, to not move into thefuture. And then you will be deathless and eternal life will have happened to you.

Any guesess for the Guru?

The quotes are attributable to Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)

Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you will cease to be so - John Stuart Mill

Of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more it remains - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back