• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian Secularism engenders fissiparous tendencies

• Thread starter Thread starter Saab
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
r973516766.jpg

r2359461179.jpg

r3800483960.jpg

r708339396.jpg

Mr. Saab:
Please forgive me for asking stupid questions. But... please enlighten me.. what are those pictures above and what do they mean? Sorry, I live in the USA.

Last edited:
Islamd - a MUST read by Dr.Peter Hammond

A friend forwarded this in the email. Worth reading:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SO YOU THINK YOU HAVE HEARD IT ALL? READ On!

No comment - just read, challenge it if you have more facts, absorb it
and pass it on. Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest
form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military
components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other
components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to
agitate for their religious privileges. When politically correct,
tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their
religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as we ll. Here's
how it works.

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given
country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving
minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and
disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among
street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their
percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the
introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing
food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on
supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats
for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- Muslim 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them
to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law.
The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire
world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase
lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris, we
are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and
results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition
to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily,
particularly in Muslim sections, in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad
militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and
Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks,
and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%
From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of
all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic
cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax
placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run
ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the
infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in
some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of
Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim,
the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as
in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most
radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust
by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me
against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family
against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the
world, and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under
100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live
in ghettos of their choosing, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within
which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these
ghettos. There are no national courts nor schools nor non-Muslim religious
facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the
community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To
even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in
some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more
power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But
their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists,
and Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's
population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The
Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat
--
"We always want the best man to win an election. Unfortunately, he never
runs."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank u, Silver Fox. You have taken pains to explain your viewpoint. But, I honestly
do not know how much of the statistics in the article you have reproduced is correct.
Yet, I agree with the tone and tenor of the article on these counts.

1. Islam is a religion of intolerance. They believe in propagation of their dogmas and
superstitions through coercion, threat and even persecution.
2. They resist any change or innovation, even if it comes from within.
3. They do not believe in equality to women especially in education and employment
or even in the institution of family.
4. Even in courts or judicial processes, a woman is considered inferior to a man. For
instance, for every male witness, two women witnesses are required. If a man
commits a crime against a woman, he (the offender) is let off and she (the victim)
is instead punished.
5. They have scant regard for international laws and doctrines, when they have
an upper hand, but seek refuge in the very same laws and processes, when
they are in a disadvantageous position. Can anyone justify this?
6. They bulldoze their way on the other ethnic-religious minorities, forcing them to
convert or flee from the place that was their homeland for many centuries. (e.g.
Parsis, who fled the erstwhile Persia and migrated to India, that they made their
permanent home and Sufis who are hounded out by the hardline Islamist groups.
Kashmiri Pandits also come to my mind, when I write this.)
7. Last but not the least, they unnecessarily drag Islam into every aspect of one's
life - body/attire, food, schooling, entertainment, courts and judiciary, social
ceremonies and finally, death. Thus, their religion instead of guiding one
throughout one's life, actually interferes with his thoughts, ideas, actions and
speech. Such is the undue influence of Islamic religion on its own men and
women.

This has been their strategy all along:

To destroy one race, destroy their culture. To destroy one culture, destroy
their history. To destroy one's history, destroy their standing edifices, relics and
monuments and loot their wealth. To destroy one's past and wealth, destroy
one's language. To destroy one's language, destroy all the literature and arts
identified with that language. Quite simple!

Dear Silverfoxji and everyone,

Our friend Saabji is indisposed as it happens to all old people. I hope this great warrior of the Hindus get better.

Re: your query to him, he has posted the pictures of the fighting Hindus of Kashmir whose back is to the wall. This secular government would rather defend the anti-national who are wowing to join Pakistan than the patriotic Hindus who have become second class citizens. We should not let them become the Hindus of Bangladesh who are the most oppressed lot in the whole world.

Hinduism has become an international religion because the system that subjugated us drove us apart unlike other religions who expanded by conquests. In my recent visit to the U.S. and Canada I find that the Hindus are uniting there to celeberate their heritage in gusto! I am so proud of people like you who would speak for the Hindus and their right to preserve their heritage.

Hindus have been systematically oppressed for centuries and the oppressors have eulogised their idealogy as being non-religious. They are asking us by subtle and coercive means to leave our heritage and embrace their divisive idealogy of class struggle. But the fact of the matter is that our Dharma is eternal and everfresh while their false idea of universality will go the same as it came - from soonyam into soonyam. In between it scares us like the ghost - so real to the frightened! We will indeed drive the ghosts to their land of nothingness!

Regards,
Ramaa

interesting posts silverfox-ji and pannvalan-ji,

here is an other one - http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1184342

as the report says liberal muslims are upset that the media is not giving place to them and is instead taking the zealots to be the spokespersons of the community.

there's good and bad in every religion. prob comes when one faith is continuously attacked members of another faith. then the practioners of one faith end up getting tempted to do the reverse and attack the religion of the attackers. hope good sense prevails...surely and definitely it is certainly possible for everyone to live in peace.

yet, its true that a few bad eggs in their lot have contributed to much destruction of our monuments amd literature.

Dear Happyhindu,

Please read another post of mine under the caption “Plight of Indian Muslims”.

As stated therein, Indian Muslims have to blame only themselves, for their present plight. The whole country cannot accept any responsibility.

Unlike Christians, who ruled us for only 300 years, various dynasties of Muslim kings ruled our country for over 500 years. Moreover, right from Mahatma Gandhi’s time, Muslims in India have always been a pampered lot. Even our constitution is amended to circumvent what Supreme court has said (Ref Shahbhanu case). 60 years after Independence, our country has seen 2 new generations of Muslims. Yet, if their conditions are so pathetic, as is sought to be portrayed by Rajinder Sachar committee, the causes are within their community and not external. (Findings of Rajinder Sachar committee were pre-conceived and exaggerated).

A society that does not treat its womenfolk with respect, but denies them basic rights to education, employment and social empowerment, is bound to perish slowly. When crimes are committed against women, if the male offender is let off, but the female victim is punished, usually harshly, quoting outlandish texts and references, what kind of civil society it is? Does this not happen in all Muslim nations, even in this 21st century? That is the reason why Mahakavi Subramania Bharathi sang in
praise of womanhood (pennmai), 100 years ago. For him, this realization dawned upon him, only after his meeting with Sister Nivedita, an ardent disciple of Swami Vivekananda.

What is needed to really improve their economic and social backwardness?

I would suggest the following to them:

1. Every one of you must feel you are an Indian first and Muslim next. (Never
support Pakistani team openly, when they play against India – Cricket, Hockey
or any games).
2. Education to all, must be your top priority.
3. Women are not lifeless assets to be owned and discarded, as per the will and
pleasure of a man.
4. Challenge the black sheep in your midst and kick them out boldly.
5. Do not look upto the government for everything.
6. Speak the local language very fluently. (I have personally seen Muslims who
practice this without any external compulsion, integrate very nicely with other
communities).
7. Do not react violently to fair criticism and do some introspection now and then.
8. Initiate reforms within your community on your own. Don’t depend on the opinions
of your Imams and Kazis, for conducting your personal life.
9. Follow the universally acclaimed and accepted morals and principles.

Last edited:
i agree with you pannvalan-ji.

its more than high time muslims in india stopped thinking of themselves as a minority or as a suppressed lot; since they are neither.

a known person, a muslim air force pilot is most highly patriotic...he felt upset when he was not chosen for kargil.

there are also ppl amongst them who feel sheepish and apologetic when others speak abt how the muslim invaders destroyed hindu temples and all.

in fact there was a muslim guy from bihar studying near hyderabad who visited shiva temples...the chap wud be one of those guys organizing the shivaratri celebrations.

then there are a good many muslims who have begun taking their lives in their own hand - like the all women shia nikaah in lucknow solemnized by sayda hamid and rejected by the mullahs.

i think there is a very big difference in a progressive muslim and the other ones.

but their fraternal unity and ability to rally for one another as an unconditional support (moral or otherwise) is amazing..

its time they talked abt collective progress together with the hindus....

Last edited:
Tamil Nadu - A Land of 'Pillayar'

B.R. Haran
Monday, 08 September, 2008 , 03:32 PM

http://newstodaynet .com/col. php?section= 20&catid=29&id=10539
As I was standing in the backyard of my apartment on the second floor of a residential complex close to the Beach, yesterday, I saw a number of lorries and vans carrying ‘Vinayaga Vigrahas’ with volunteers and cadres of Hindu organisations chanting Ganapathi Namas and Bharat Matha Namas, going towards the beach for the ‘Visarjanam’ (immersion of vigrahas) performance.

I felt elated and contented and thought that in a state, where the Dravidian racists wanted to destroy Hinduism and Hindu Gods, Bhagwan Ganesha has been placed in each and every street, and every year his Jayanthi ‘Ganesh Chathurthi’ is being celebrated with bakthi and gaiety.
Only last year, just before Ganesh Chathurthi festival, the Chief Minister had said, ‘Ganesha was born in ‘Vathapi’ (Karnataka) and was brought to Tamilnadu from there during Pallava period and hence he was not a Tamil God’. He knows pretty well that Bhagwan Shiva (Father of Ganesha) and Bhagwan Muruga (revered as Tamil god & brother of Ganesha) and Mother Parvathi are all worshipped by Tamils from ancient times, but then, he always has a sort of sadistic pleasure of demeaning only the Hindu Gods for the sake of political gains. Though there were no Temples during the Sangam days, it could not be interpreted that there was no habit of worshipping Gods. The ‘Murthis’ were very much there and people were worshipping them and the history of Sage Agasthya and other Siddhars and the various Puranas point out to the fact that the practice of worshipping was very much there since time immemorial.
Having considerable knowledge on Tamil Literature, Karunanidhi must have been aware of the fact that, Bhagwan Ganesha was extensively mentioned in Tamil Literature and that the Shivite trio of ‘Sambandar’, ‘Appar’ and ‘Sundarar’ have worshipped Bhagwan Ganesha through their hymns. He must have also been aware of the masterpiece composition ‘Vinayagar Agaval’ sung by the ancient poet ‘Avvaiyar’, but he deliberately makes such humiliating remarks to satisfy his ego and gets sadistic pleasure out of it.
Ironically, he rather brashly launched his TV Channel (Kalaignar TV) on the auspicious day of ‘Ganesh Chathurthi’. While celebrating its first anniversary on Ganesh Chathurthi this year, true to its Dravidian standards, it announced that it was telecasting ‘Holiday’ special programs, as the other channels including its rival SUN network have been announcing that they were presenting ‘Ganesh Chathurthi’ special programs!
Also, probably due to ‘selective amnesia’, the CM had conveniently forgotten the fact that, EVR was a Kannadiga hailing from Karnataka and that he himself hails from Andhra from where his ancestors allegedly migrated to Tamilnadu. When these outsiders could rule in Tamilnadu in the name of Tamil, what’s wrong in Tamil Hindus worshipping Ganesha, even if assuming that Ganesha was from Karnataka?

haran-story.gif
Tamilnadu Pillayar Nadu

The Dravidian leaders can be personified as a combination of selective Atheism, Selfishness, Hypocrisy, and Hindu-hatred. The so-called Aryan-Dravidian theory, which was used by the British to create a division among Indians, was utilised to the hilt by E.V.Ramaswamy, who founded the Dravidar Kazhagam (erstwhile Justice party) to come in to the limelight based on anti-Brahminism. Annadurai, Karunanidhi and a few others joined EVR and together they worked tirelessly with a sole aim of separating Tamils from the Hindu fold on the plank that, only Aryans are Hindus and the ‘Dravidian’ Tamils are a separate race being oppressed by the Aryans for ages. EVR even went to the extent of observing our independence day, August 15, as a ‘Black Day’. Later on, due to personal feud, Annadurai came out of DK along with Karunanidhi and others to float the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) as an offshoot of DK. In the inaugural function they had even kept one empty chair on the head of the dais for EVR, saying that he was their permanent leader. Both DK and DMK ably aided & supported by Marxist historians have spoilt more than four generations of Tamils since the forties.

On January 23 1971, the DK/DMK organised a huge ‘procession of the eradication of superstitions’, in which they indulged in garlanding the portraits of Hindu Gods and Goddesses (particularly ‘Ganesha’) with footwear and beating them with footwear and broomsticks. Again on 8 and 9 December 1973, they organised a conference in Chennai in the name of ‘Eradication of the social indignity of the Tamils conference’ and took out processions in the name of ‘Karuvarai Nuzhaivu Poraattam’ (entering sanctum sanctorum protests) indulging in the same venomous actions against Hindu Gods, apart from physically assaulting Brahmin priests cutting their sacred threads and their hairs. As fate would have it, EVR fell ill within fifteen days after that conference and ‘joined the majority’ on 24 December. Had he been alive, he would have realised that his ‘self-respect’ movement had paved the way for the flourishing of Bakthi movement and installations of Vinayagar Murthis in every nook and corner of the state.

Now, the disciples of Periyar, DMK President Karunanidhi and DK president Veeramani et al, are continuing the evil legacy of EVR for the detriment of Tamilnadu & Tamils. They never miss out even a single opportunity to make disparaging remarks on Hindus, Hindu Gods, Hindu philosophy and Hindu culture apart from denigrating Sanskrit & Hindi, and simultaneously, they appease & appreciate the interests of minorities (read Muslims & Christians), confirming the unholy ‘Dravidian-Minority’ nexus. While making such remarks, they never seem to feel shy or shame on exhibiting their lack of knowledge in History, Religion or even literature.

Recently on the eve of Ganesh Chathurthi, the DK’s party organ ‘Viduthalai’ carried a picture of Bhagwan Ganesha with unprintable demeaning remarks. As the newspaper is read only by a motley crowd of ‘black rats’ (DK cadres wearing black shirts), it has not created even a small ripple in this great land of Ganesha!

Our ‘Puranas’ and ‘Ithihasas’ establish Bhagwan Ganesha’s connections with Tamilnadu. The Great Sage of Kanchi, Maha Periyavah Sri Paramacharya has many times conveyed the history of Bhagwan Ganesha in connection with Tamilnadu through his discourses. It would be appropriate to take a few leaves out of Bhagwan Rama’s history, as mentioned by His Holiness Paramacharya. Before starting the construction of Rama Sethu, Rama decides to worship Bhagwan Ganesha, as he acts as the ace troubleshooter and blesses for the successful completion of any task. Rama goes to a nearby place called ‘Uppoor’ (5kms from Sethukarai in Ramanathapuram district), where he consecrates & performs pooja for Bhagwan Ganesha and the same Ganesha Murthi is still there!

(contd.)

contd..

The famous river Cauvery is also believed to have been brought to Tamilnadu by none other than Bhagwan Ganesha, by releasing the river waters from the Kamandal of Sage Agasthya, when he was in his penance at the hills of Coorg.

After his ‘Pattabishekam’ (Swearing in ceremony), while giving mementoes and presents to one and all, Rama gives a Vigraha (Idol) of ‘Sri Ranganatha Swamy’ to Vibeeshana and requests him to take the Vigraha, Rama’s ancestral property, to Sri Lanka without placing it anywhere in the middle, for it would not be possible to remove it again from where it has been placed. On his way back to Lanka, Vibeeshana was mesmerised by the beauty of River Cauvery and hence wants to enjoy a bath in it. Bhagwan Ganesha, understanding Vibeeshana’s predicament comes in aid of him in the guise of a small boy and says that he would keep the Vigraha till he completes his bath. While Vibeeshana was taking his bath, Bhagwan Ganesha deliberately places the Vigraha on the bank between Cauvery & kollidam Rivers facing south and this very same place later on becomes the famous Srirangam, when the Adi Cholas built the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in a sprawling land of 112 acres. Fuming at this deliberate cheating, Vibeeshana chases the boy who takes him up to the top of a nearby hillock and shows his original form of Ganesha. This same hillock later becomes the famous Malaikottai Pillayar Temple in Trichy. Bhagwan Ganesha convinces Vibeeshana that Lanka would certainly get the Blessings of Sri Ranganatha Swamy, as the Vigraha is facing southwards at the direction of Lanka. Thus, Bhagwan Ganesha has saved our ancestral property and has also given us two important pilgrimage centers apart from giving sanctity to the River Cauvery. Along with Rameshwaram, Srirangam also plays a vital role in integrating the people of this Great Hindu Nation.

Having got so much from Bhagwan Ganesha, it is quite natural that the Tamil Hindus have placed him in every street and worship him with great reverence addressing him affectionately as ‘Pillayar’. In no other state of India that we have so much of Temples for Bhagwan Ganesha and indeed the Dravidian leaders have to be thanked, for without their contributions, ‘Pillayar Perumai’ (Ganesha’s Keerthi) would not have spread far and wide in Tamilnadu. Even during the periods of Tamil Kings there were not many temples for Bhagwan Ganesha.

The Dravidian leaders have achieved in just ten years, what the religious leaders have not been able to achieve for ages! Tamilnadu is not a land of Periyar as falsely claimed by his disciples, but truly a land of Pillayar belonging to the Tamil Hindus.

Fading front

13 Sep 2008 03:00:00 AM IST
Like the Cheshire cat, Prakash Karat’s dream of an anti-Congress, anti-BJP Third Front is fading away. Doubts have arisen about the commitment of two of its constituents — Om Prakash Chautala of the Indian National Lok Dal and Brindaban Goswami of the Asom Gana Parishad — who are believed to be toying with the idea of teaming up with the BJP. So, those who are now left in the front are Mayawati, H D Deve Gowda and Chandrababu Naidu. However, it is necessary to remember that all three have been allies of the BJP in the past. It is not beyond the realms of possibility, therefore, that in the event of the NDA faring well in the next general election, or the BSP requiring a partner in UP, Chandrababu Naidu and Mayawati may not dither in joining hands with the saffron outfit.Deve Gowda’s chances of rebuilding his earlier relationship with the BJP are less bright because the bitter memories of their break-up in Karnataka are still lingering. But, as is known, there is no final word in politics.What these cross-currents mean is that the CPM general secretary may have been too hasty in his pursuit of a ‘third alternative’ because, except for the Left parties, none of its other members are wholly reliable. Of course, the Samajwadi Party also falls in this category since it had little hesitation in ditching its ally of many years, the CPM, to join hands with the Congress.It was the spectre of Mayawati in UP which made Mulayam Singh Yadav switch sides. But while the latter has never been a formal ally of the BJP, notwithstanding the clandestine contacts between them, especially to keep Sonia Gandhi out of power in 1999, the same cannot be said of Mayawati.If Karat and other Left leaders still made a special effort to win her over, with the CPI’s A B Bardhan asserting her fitness to be prime minister, the reason is the longstanding dream of the comrades to use someone in the Hindi belt to secure a foothold in this crucial region. The two Yadavs, Mulayam Singh and Lalu Prasad, were their earlier preference.Now, it is the Dalit czarina. But just as the two Lohiaites were not of much help to the Left in the matter of extending its influence, the Ambedkarite, too,may not be too eager to be of assistance. The third front, therefore, is unlikely to be anything more than the temporary parking space of a motley group.
http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/...mgLywPI=&SectionName=XQcp6iFoWTvPHj2dDBzTNA==

Are Indians safe, secure?
http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/...dk4iJhE=&SectionName=aVlZZy44Xq0bJKAA84nwcg==

Gopalji Malviya
16 Sep 2008 01:07:00 AM IST

On August 12, 2008, a television channel was announcing a startling revelation by the National Security Advisor that there are 800 terror outfits operating in India and their master-mind is identified.

The print media ran the story as well. The NSA was less than economical with the other details of the revelation. What about their links, sources of funding, networking, political patronage and locations? Even if these 800 cells are unearthed, shouldn’t there be a crackdown to eliminate them? Would proper investigation and charge sheets and trials be possible? Or would they walk away for want of hard evidence? In India there has been lack of political will and assertive decision making to bring such fugitives to justice. Barely a month later, with the Delhi blasts this weekend, the NSA might have to revise his earlier estimate; his claims sound meaningless.

Jammu and Kashmir is facing unrest. The Northeast is unsettled.West Bengal and Telangana are simmering, over 160 districts in 13 states are in the grip of left wing extremism.

While the crime rate is growing, abductions and extortions have almost become an industry. The rangdari and supari culture is now a new brand of threat to the Indian citizen.Money laundering, hawala, small arms proliferation and human trafficking are on the rise. The debate on countering these internal threats, however,has been overwhelmed by politics, rather than deterrent action.While India seems to be safe are Indians secure? Or are we on course to a functional anarchy? India’s current crisis of internal security has been a concern particularly since December 2001. When terrorists assaulted Parliament, they struck at India’s nerve centre; a qualitatively different target; and at variance with India’s previous experience with multiple threats of insurgencies, terrorism, left wing extremism, narcotic trafficking, religious fundamentalism and subnationalism.

The relentless pursuit of potential terror has aggravated to new levels of crisis, resulting in paralysis of the security governance. The number and magnitude of the operational success of terrorist entities are a pointer to the radicalisation of Islamic militants. These radicals, with resources, technology and networking, have acquired the capability to inflict their asymmetric means of offensive with assured capacity of destruction at any place of their choice. There have been two major views on the reasons for the increasing intensity of terrorist activities in India. The first points out that the presence of foreign terrorist groups, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir, has significantly raised the level of violence not only in that state but also in other theatres of conflict in India. This has happened not only through support extended through materials and logistics to local militant groups but also by export of terrorism to other parts.

The stage looks set where ‘collective violence’ may emerge a reality with each instance of breakdown in law and order preparing the ground and justification for the next round.

The Indian security apparatus and elite are largely indifferent, or have shied away from formulating an internal security doctrine.

There has been no serious attempt to institutionalise a mechanism, direction or assertive policy to deal with “internal threats”; interim, ad hoc and incremental means have been the favoured methods adopted by successive governments. There is virtually no means to define coherently the enemy within. The continuous assault on Indian citizens and their psyche has shown clearly that the security apparatus has failed to plug the reocurrence of terrorist attacks. The intelligence fraternity gropes in the dark about the actual strength, source, capacity and logistics of the enemy’s next attack.With our domestic security apparatus going so horribly awry we can take it for granted that we will almost never apprehend the killers.

The question is: Is it lack of political will or lack of governance in the security establishment? Politicians and the bureaucracy are already pontificating about the need to reinvigorate security measures to counter these terror attacks. There is need to underscore the fact that there is no clear understanding among our leaders, political class, bureaucracy, business establishment and media of the nature of the security problems and challenges.

Worse, these terror attacks and militancy are seen as merely a “law and order” concern and treated as subject of state, whenever, political violence on a massive scale breaks out in a state, the police become the first responders. The police in India are trained, equipped and mentally conditioned to deal only with civil disorders.When confronted with serious threats to internal security like terrorism, insurgency and other proxy war situations, they find it difficult to respond effectively. In such a situation, the state seeks the expertise of paramilitary forces.

As para-military forces other than Central Reserve Police Force (CPRF) are raised, trained and equipped to meet a specific need of national security, when deputed to deal with large scale disorders and proxy war situation, they are required to quickly modify and reorient their operational doctrines to meet the situation at hand. State police need better training and modern equipment to achieve a high level of professionalism.

The creation of a Federal Police or National Militia would constitute an appropriate step to meet the challenge. Frequent alerts and advisories by the central agencies to state governments need a fresh look.

Most important, our most active onlookers — our political leaders — have cynically sought to use the internal disorders and violence to advance their electoral agenda.

Evolving and strengthening appropriate legislation and streamlining the process of judicial conviction of the fugitives is another area that needs priority and attention.

Creation of fast track courts to avoid judicial delay and enactment of a deterrent anti-terror law would constitute an essential step forward. The need of the hour is to institutionalise, develop procedures and processes that would boost inter institutional co-ordination, facilitate professional conduct of operations on a thorough, professional policy analysis.

Lack of professional mindset for informed debate, fierce expression of spite, bitterness and mutual political acrimony take place instead of constructive policy discussions.

Resort to rhetoric without substantive action or operation has eroded the credibility of oft-repeated mantras our politicians regularly spout.

India is engaged in a “war without a front.” The mere deployment of security forces may not bring the desired results. A multiplicity of security forces is also not an answer. Military and security forces can only contain the militancy to an extent, but they will not be able to eliminate it.

About the author: Dr Malviya is Professor and Head, Department of Defence and Strategic Studies, University of Madras

Unjust justice!

. The Economic Census for 2005 presents a picture that 51% of business establishments have been owned by OBCs (38%), SCs (9%) and STs (4%) in the country.

Ironically in Tamilnadu, where the politics is dominated by the champions of social justice, the OBCs dominate with a massive 72% of the businesses with SCs owning only 9% and STs a meagre 1% and the general category just 18%.

The point to note here is that the political class in Tamilnadu is peopled by the OBC category, enjoying all the benefits of the reservation system while they flaunt as some sort of endowment.

So, it is not at all a surprise when only Tamilnadu is objecting to the recent Supreme Court direction that the vacant OBC seats in higher educational institutions be reverted to the general category.

When the SC gave its direction on 15 September, the PMK, Congress and CPI immediately objected to it and voiced their concern by saying that the direction goes against the norms of social justice.

Also when the Supreme Court excluded the ‘creamy layer’ in its10 April judgment of upholding the 27% quota for OBCs in higher education, the very same Tamilnadu was the only state to have a dissenting view.

All the Tamilnadu political leaders made a hue and cry and appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan to increase the income ceiling limit for the OBCs. The Congress party, which was already quivering over the quota conundrum, preferred to remain silent on it.

In the meantime, the Centre has seemingly decided to shelve the plan for ‘quotas’ in private sector.

The Prime Minister’s panel on affirmative action, which looked into the reservation system in private sector, has instead preferred the plan of giving fiscal incentives for industries to attract them to backward districts, which is expected to lead to job opportunities for the SCs and STs.

The point to note here is that all these ‘OBC’ politicians, the self-anointed social justice champions, have conspicuously remained mum showing scant regard to the plight of the SCs and STs.

Now, as the next hearing (29 September) of the ‘OBC quota’ case is fast approaching, the Tamilnadu Chief Minister has shot off a letter to the Prime Minister requesting him to increase the income limit for the creamy layer from Rs.2.5 lakhs to Rs.4.5 lakhs and the Shipping minister T R Balu, armed with the CM’s letter, has met the Prime Minister pressurising him to present this case to the Supreme Court.

It is also believed that the ministry of social justice has moved a cabinet note to take up the matter at the earliest. When the Supreme Court gave the verdict on 10 April, it was categorical in three aspects namely, creamy layer, filling up of vacant seats by general category and only a very marginal reduction (5%) of cut-off marks.

As things stand, it is most unlikely that the ‘OBC’ champions of social justice would be able to win their case.

As Tamilnadu has been projecting itself as a role model for social justice, the ground reality presents a totally contradicting picture.

The discrimination against the dalits by the OBCs has been going on for ages and even now in 386 reserved village panchayats, discriminatory practices like two-tumbler systems in teashops are going on.

The refusal of entry for Dalits in temples by the OBcs is another common discriminatory practice in Tamilnadu. The sad irony is that the ‘dalit leaders’ are hand in hand with the ‘OBC’ leaders and they all work together in taking the poor and downtrodden for a ride.

The ignorant masses fall prey for the ‘anti-upper caste’ politics played by these cheaters masquerading as champions.

http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=10780 & section=13

When you cannot win democratically, just grab it! - Congress’s good old tactics

Sat, 20 Sep, 2008,02:39 PM
. The Centre has invoked Article 355 of the Constitution and issued ‘directives’ to the NDA ruled Orissa and BJP ruled Karnataka. It has also sent advisories to the BJP ruled Madhya Pradesh and the Left ruled Kerala. Again, within twenty four hours, it has sent a second directive, a strong one, to Karnataka asking it to check the violence against Christians and provide protection to them.

The directive, in a some what hectoring tone, states that the situation in the State is a ‘breach of constitution and the law of the land’. But the UPA government doesn’t seem to have the courage to accept that it has invoked Article 355. Article 355 of the Constitution says, ‘It shall be the duty of the Union to protect every State against external aggression and internal disturbance and to ensure that the government of every State is carried on in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution’.
Moreover, though Article 356 gives power to the Centre to dismiss a State government, the Supreme Court’s landmark verdict in the ‘S R Bommai vs Union of India’ case in 1994, has made it clear that the dismissal of a State government must be preceded by the invoking of Article 355.
So, in the present case, as the Centre has not openly accepted that it has invoked Article 355 to warn Karnataka and Orissa, it must be seen as a maladroit attempt by the Centre to score two mangoes with one stone.
That is, it could put pressure on the BJP/NDA ruled states while simultaneously diverting the attention of the nation from its miserable failure in curtailing terrorism. Having understood the weak character of the Centre, the BJP has simply dared the Centre to invoke Article 356 and dismiss the governments of Orissa and Karnataka.
In fact, the history of Independent India shows that Article 356 has been used more than Article 355 from which it can be inferred that, the action was more of vindictive in nature to score political gains by abuse of power and constitutional provisions, in which the Congress party has an unenviable track record.
Taking into consideration the last four years of UPA rule, at the backdrop of its present ‘directives’ to the three NDA and one Left-front governments, the ‘political play’ of the Congress could be easily understood.
Internal disturbance of the worst kind was seen in West Bengal during the unleashing of violence, arson, rape and murders by the CPI-M cadres in Nandigram and a similar kind of violence was unleashed against the Hindu activists in Kerala by the CPI-M-Jihadi nexus, particularly in Kannur.
The Centre didn’t bother to invoke Article 355 then, because it was surviving due to the outside support given by the Left. Now since the Left has withdrawn its support, the Centre has sent an advisory to Kerala government.
Similarly when the LTTE was indulging in smuggling and other shady activities in Tamilnadu and when the DMK, PMK, VCK and DK were singing encomiums on the banned terrorist organisations, the Centre didn’t bother to send any advisory to the Tamilnadu government, despite the protests exhibited by the state Congress unit.
Likewise, the Congress ruled states of Maharashtra and Assam have been extremely disturbed internally due to the sporadic violence unleashed against the ‘National language’-speaking people, but the centre chose to remain mum. So, the present act of the centre amounts to ‘political motivation, high prejudice and patent discrimination’.
In the meantime, the All India Christian Council has welcomed the Centre’s action of invoking Article 355, which seems to suggest that it is all effort at appeasement.
It is condemnable that the Centre has not bothered to look into the blatant denigration of Hindu Gods and Goddesses through abusive and vulgar languages by a few Christian Churches and missionaries, which are the actual cause of the internal disturbances in Karnataka and the same is the case in Orissa too (where a 90-year-old Hindu monk and his four disciples were brutally murdered). Also its refusal to enact a stringent anti-terror law in the wake of series of terror attacks in the last four years amounts to appeasement of Muslims.
By its selective choosing of the NDA/BJP ruled states to send advisories, the UPA government has tried to blackmail democratically elected governments of the opposition parties.
The Centre has not only appeased the minorities, but also insulted the majority community and this action doesn’t augur well for a ‘secular’ government.
Before blaming the State governments for petty issues, the Centre must ask itself and introspect if it has really done enough to protect the nation from external aggression and internal disturbances.

http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=10813%20&%20section=13

UPA warns Hindus & BJP States only?

Saturday, 20 September, 2008 , 02:23 PM

Islam-embracing, Christianity-coveting and Hindu-baiting UPA government, under the political stranglehold of a pretender and autocrat from Italy, has functioned as usual as a political agent of Christian terrorism in Karnataka and Orissa by issuing A STRONG ADVISORY (so jocularly described) to the Karnataka and Orissa State governments, saying that the violence against the Christian community was a breach of constitutional privilege.

When Swami Lakshmanananda, a Hindu saint and sage in Kandhamal district, was brutally murdered by Christian missionaries on Krishna Jayanthi Day on 23 August 2008, the central government ignored it and forgot about the Indian Constitution. Similarly when Hindus get killed in Jammu and Kashmir everyday by Islamic terrorists, no such advisory is ever deemed necessary by the central government in respect of state government Jammu and Kashmir. Hindus in Jammu and Kashmir are victims of UPA backed Islamic terrorism; Hindus in Orissa are victims of Christian terrorism and Hindus in Karnataka are victims of Christian terrorism. Both Islamic and Christian terrorism have been labeled by the Sonia Congress and the UPA government as MINORITY RIGHTS or what I call as STATE-SPONSORED SECULAR COMMUNAL TERRORISM.

All the battered and shattered Hindus of India affected by the secular terrorism of Sonia Congress Party and UPA government are going to rally behind Narendra Modi (an Afzal Guru according to I Gandhi and her slaves!) for his heroic declaration at a massive public meeting in New Delhi yesterday: ‘The Centre’s approach is nothing but a TAMASHA (staged show). They are not concerned about innocent people dying but are more concerned about innocents getting caught. This was the reason they are not allowing a stronger law to fight terror… Vote bank politics will continue to feed terrorism and it is high time to bring an end to such politics. Gujarat experience has shown that the war against terrorism could be won. Gujarat atank ea age mujra nahin karega (Gujarat will not dance before terrorism). I do not believe in giving messages to terrorists. I take stern action against them. Main eent ka jawab pathar se deta hoon (I reply to a brick with a stone). In Gujarat we would be starting two Universities, one imparting education on National Security and the other focusing attention on Foresnic Science. We are ready for a long battle against terrorism’.

Though Narendra Modi has met the Prime Minister and the Home Minister several times during the last two years and pleaded with them for the enactment of a tougher law against terrorism, yet the UPA government (taking hourly instructions for non-governance from Sonia Gandhi!) has chosen to remain cold, wooden and inanimate. They have treated Narendra Modi’s reasonable request with supreme political and official contempt. Perhaps according to the central government, majority Hindus living in Gujarat are not Indian citizens! The fact that both Sonia Congress and the central government are open supporters of Islamic terrorism in Assam can be seen from their attitude towards the repeal of Illegal Migrants (Determination through Tribunal) Act (IMDT Act) of 1984 which was struck down as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of India on July 12, 2005. The apex Court also directed that all Tribunals functioning under the IMDT, which has been declared unconstitutional, would cease functioning with immediate effect. Taking note of the huge influx of Bangladesh migrants into Assam, the Court directed the state government to constitute sufficient number of tribunals under the Foreigners Act to deal with the situation effectively. No advisory under Article 355 has been taken to the Congress Government for sending out the illegal Muslim migrants (most of them being Islamic terrorists from Bangladesh but declared as Indian citizens only to serve as voters for the anti-national Sonia Congress Party!).
The BJP party has rightly condemned the Union government’ss patently political (in no way constitutional!) advisory to Karnataka on violence against Christians. Even a cursory perusal of the vicious, vulgar, obscene, barbarous anti-Hindu literature distributed by the Christian missionaries in Karnataka for purposes of induced, forced and fraudulent conversion has been the main cause of provocation of the Hindus of Karnataka. The open rebellion of the Hindus in Karnataka against these Christian atrocities is not only legitimate but also reasonable. The Sonia-directed UPA government (an extended political arm for the propagation of Christianity and Islam in India) is unconstitutionally using the advisory under Article 355 to crush the legitimate religious feelings, sentiments and urges of the Hindus in majority who have risen in revolt against the obscene literature produced by the Christian missionaries for purposes of unconstitutional conversion in the States of Karnataka and Orissa.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has attacked the Congress President Sonia Gandhi saying the advisory under Article 355 is an attempt to please her. Madam ko 355 candles ke aarthi uteri gayi hai’ (355 candle sticks have been used to please Madam Sonia Gandhi). He also exposed the double standards of Sonia Congress UPA government when he asked why Article 355 was not used against the West Bengal Government for the situation marked by great public peace and tranquility in Nandigram in West Bengal. Similarly in Assam, which is ruled by the Congress, large number of innocent Hindi-speaking and other bonafide residents of Assam having killed by elements encouraged by ULFA. No advisory has been issued to Assam Government, Narendra Modi added.

BJP spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad has also condemned the Centre’s move to issue Directive to the two States of Karnataka and Orissa as politically motivated, highly prejudicial and patently discriminatory. Likewise Orissa Chief Minister Navin Patnaik has also described the Centre’s decision to issue an advisory to his government as ‘Unfortunate and politically motivated’.

(contd.)

contd..

The Sonia directed UPA government has become internationally famous for its politically programmed petty-mindedness, small-mindedness and viciousness against the innocent Hindus of India. In these columns on 16 May 2006, under the title ‘Heroic pseudo-secular much ado about nothing’, I had observed as follows:
Michel Eyguem De Montaine (1533-1592), the great Renaissance French writer said in the 16th century: ‘No man is exempt from talking nonsense. The misfortune is to do it solemnly’. Perhaps Montaine had pseudo-secular Sonia stooges like Shivraj Patil in view when he spoke those timeless words of wisdom. I am referring to the comedy of Shivraj Patil putting himself in a state of combat readiness to deal with the localised riot situation in Vadodara and thereby endeavouring to make mountain of a mole hill situation. Four days ago the Municipal authorities in Vadodara in Gujarat demolished a wayside Darga and also a few temples to make one of the roads fit for traffic after obtaining Court Orders. This led to communal riots resulting in the imposition of a curfew. Explosive incidents are still rocking the area. It has been reported that the Centre has given what is called a ‘firm’ message to the so called Saffronised Narendra Modi government in Gujarat, asking them to take all necessary steps to ensure that violence ends in the trouble-hit Vadodara. The ever sleeping Union government in respect of all the Indian citizens excepting in the case of their favourite non-saffron minorities (Muslims and Christians only) have declared that they are closely watching the situation and that they are ready to take any action to control it. Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil has declared with brazen bravado: ‘I don’t think that these kinds of situations can remain uncontrolled. The state government has to do it and we will see that it is done. We are watching and the state government must end the violence. Meanwhile, in a bid to contain the violence, the Centre has dispatched more than 500 Central Reserve Police Force personnel to be deployed in and around the trouble-torn city. Army units and paramilitary units have been sent to Vadodara and other affected areas of Gujarat. The Centre has also offered all kinds of assistance to the state government’.

To conclude, I would like to ask the question: Why is the self-deluded surrogate UPA government in New Delhi ‘secularly’ committed to the oddly fraudulent and fraudulently odd official philosophy of viewing all THE INTOLERANT CHRISTIAN ACTS OF CONVERSION LET LOOSE AGAINST THE HINDUS IN KARNATAKA AS TOLERANT? That is why perhaps all the acts of murder, death, loot, plunder, abduction, rape, hijacking, bombing of towns and cities and other benevolent acts by Islamic terrorists are considered as acts of humanity, charity, understanding and broad-based tolerance by our disgraceful Union Home Minister. The whole UPA government is raised on a superstructure of political perversion. When such perversion becomes a constitutional principle, when prostitution becomes a noble practice, when rape becomes the righteous rule, murder becomes a meaningful message, goondaism becomes an act of grace, and political rascality is elevated to the level of national secular righteousness and as a part of legitimate minority rights, then are we not creating ideal conditions, extending an open invitation to an armed revolution in the immediate future?

What is politically treasonable in other countries of the world becomes highly reasonable in India under the supreme umbrella of pseudo-secularism. The policy of UPA government today is Muslim and Christian appeasement, appeasement at all costs, in spite of all terror and however long and hard the road may be. For without appeasement there is no survival, no survival for Sonia Gandhi and the Nehru clan, no survival for the UPA government, no survival for the urges and impulses of secular vermin like Arjun Singhs, Antulays, Yadavs and Paswans and Karunanidhis. The UPA government is proclaiming to the whole world that INDIA IS ONE OF THE FAILED STATES. No patriotic citizen would be permitted by this government to ask this question: Who dies if India lives and who lives if India dies? This question will be brushed aside by the UPA government as highly communal. The standard Sonia Congress message to our falling, if not fallen, nation today is this: Who dies if UPA government lives and who lives if UPA government dies?

Up with pseudo-secularism! Down with Indian Nationalism! JAI HIND!!
(The writer is a retired IAS officer)
http://newstodaynet.com/col.php?section=20&catid=33

Ban Congress. Institute Hindusthana Patriots Act!

Adding only one point to the excellent proposal made in the Organiser edit — to ban Congress.

Institute Hindusthana Patriots Act forthwith on the lines of the Patriots Act passed in USA in the wake of 9/11. As a follow-up send 10 Janpath chamchas to Luciana or preferably, to Tihar jail.

namaskaram. kalyanaraman

UPA’s royal confusion

Sept. 28, 08

The Delhi blasts that killed another 25 persons after the Jaipur, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad serial blasts seem to have at last shaken the comatose UPA. Their worry is not the misfortune and tragedy that these mindless perfidies of terrorists brought to the innocent victims. But its political fallout in the coming elections. So they want to put the entire blame on the incompetent Home Minister Shivraj Patil.

Even the incorrigible well-wishers of the fanatic butchers have blamed the Home Minister for failure to save the life of citizens.

Ram Vilas Paswan and Lalu Prasad Yadav are ever apologetic of the banned terror outfit SIMI. Paswan wants all the illegal Bangladeshi migrants to be made Indian citizens. One wonders if the SIMI, as a central government affidavit charged is an anti-national body waging war against the state, how can its defenders be ensconced in the central government. Should they not be arrested and put behind bars for treason? And they are the ones now wanting the Muslim terrorists be equated with VHP and Bajrang Dal.

The UPA has promoted an obnoxious political strategy and debased secularism as minorityism.

Cabinet ministers defend terrorist outfits. Congress equates secessionists in Kashmir with nationalists holding tricolour in Jammu.

Rulers rush to console the family of a man, the police believe was the mastermind in the serial blasts, killing innocent Indians. Union Home Minister justifies not hanging the convict in Parliament attack fearing Pakistani reaction. The Prime Minister loses sleep worrying about the fate of a terror accused. The distortion has now reached a stage they equate treason with patriotism.

Or how else has Bajrang Dal become an issue? Bajrang Dal is a patriotic organisation. It came into limelight during the Ayodhya movement. It campaigned for cultural nationalism. It never challenged the Indian Constitution or law of the land. Nobody accused it of secret, underground activity or terrorism.

Yes, there is need for an aggressive, nationalist effort to confront the enemies of the nation.

The Bajrang Dal is in the forefront at the time of national calamities, in blast sites and flood-affected areas serving the victims irrespective of their religion or belief.

If allegations and riots are the reason to ban an organisation, then Congress whose involvement in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots has been established by inquiry commissions deserves to be banned first.

The maximum number of riots and killings have taken place under the Congress rule.

The SIMI or any other terror outfits are not known to have even done any service to their community. They are inspired by extra-territorial loyalties and are indoctrinated by a desire to destroy India. They are the country’s enemies.

The SIMI was banned under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. The offences listed under this Act include “any assertion or statement which is intended or supports any claim to bring about on any ground whatsoever the cession of a part of the territory of India from the union or which incites any individual or groups of individuals to bring about such cession or secession”.

The SIMI wants to subvert the Indian state because of our democracy, secularism and fundamental human values. Its idea of Dar-ul-Islam has no use for these concepts. And they resort to terror which no nation can allow. It represents the most antediluvian stream of separatism. Its involvement in terrorist mayhem is well established. And it is waging a war against the state.

In India, politicians have made secularism a drive against the majority. Anti-Hindu rhetoric has become the identity of a secularist and a façade for spreading communalism.

They brazenly divide the society. To fix a Muslim terror outfit they have to invent a Hindu counterpart even if it happens to be a chimera. Hence they deliberately confuse between the defenders of nationhood and the secessionists.

http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=256&page=5

India 22nd most corrupt country in the world

23 Sep 2008, 1549 hrs IST,PTI
NEW DELHI: has been ranked as the 22nd most corrupt nation in the world, according to Transparency International’s latest corruption ratings. While Bangladesh has been ranked 10th, an improvement of three positions over last year, Pakistan has been ranked 14th among 180 countries.

African nation Somalia was ranked as the world’s most corrupt country in the index while Finland was rated as the least corrupt country by leading international corruption watchdog Transparency International (TI).

Positioned seventh last year, Bangladesh, which is now under emergency rules, had earned the bad repute of being one of the most corruption nations for five consecutive years from 2001 under the TI index. In 2006, the country was ranked 3rd in the list of most corrupt countries.

Other South Asian nations also fared poorly with Nepal securing 16th place, Maldives 17th, 21st and Bhutan 36th in the index from bottom.

The data used in the corruption perceptions index (CPI), were related to corruption and bribery, conflict of interest and diversion of funds, misuse of public office for private or political party gains, the government’s anti-graft efforts and achievements and capacity to punish and contain punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back