• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Science and religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now understand that some folks who now have disowned being a brahmin and all the stuff attached to being so, are now automatically atoned of this guilt and that they have successfully passed their ancestors guilt to the other living brahmins. What say?

Absolute critical thinking!!!

What I wonder is, how Brahmins/Brahminism came into picture in a debate on "Science & Religion"? Is that "Brahminism" is the only synonym of "Religion"?

Should not it be "Science & Brahminism ", for "Brahminism" to be critically analysed along with Science?

What I wonder is, how Brahmins/Brahminism came into picture in a debate on "Science & Religion"? Is that "Brahminism" is the only synonym of "Religion"?

Should not it be "Science & Brahminism ", for "Brahminism" to be critically analysed along with Science?

Given the current course of the thread, you are right about 'Science and Brahmanism'. (I think it's inevitable that we end up talking about ourselves).

Let us attempt not digress any further and keep the discussion to 'Science and Religion'. Indeed we may talk about ourselves, but without wandering too far from the original intention.

.... Knowing your sensitivity, I have tried to make this single combat as smooth and non-violent as possible. If I appear to be very intense at some points, it is just my nature. I respect your right to have your views..
Thanks Raju, yes, I like to keep the discussions at the level of points and not get into making observations about the person making the argument.

I see that you have given some more defensive arguments. So, my use of those words like defensive, irate, etc., stands.

As I said in my response, today's Brahmins do have a moral responsibility to stand with the victims of Varna/jAti system. They need to do all they can to eradicate this scourge from the cultural practice. As Shri KRS observes, today if Sankarachariyar or any other Brahminical public figure offers to mediate between Thevar and Dalit they will be laughed at. Why? You Brahmins need to think about that.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Given the current course of the thread, you are right about 'Science and Brahmanism'. (I think it's inevitable that we end up talking about ourselves).
E, this is so true, in a forum named TamilBrahmins there is going to be a lot of talk related to Brahmins. But, there is often a view created here that it is those expressing contrarian views are the ones responsible of turning anything and everything into a Brahmin issues.

This of course is just rubbish, I reject it.

Take this thread you started for instance. In the OP you are talking a lot about what it is to be a Brahmin, icm, etc. It is this theme on which you and K exchanged several posts. It was Shri KRS who made a general defense of Brahmin customs and the condescending sounding comment "This is why I did not agree with the likes of Professor Nara Ji." (Aside: brother, I am sure you didn't mean it that way, and I didn't take it that way either, but the phrase "the likes of" makes the statement sound that way, thats all.)

Then it was sarang's turn here, speaking of the straw man -- demand for collective apology and how that would be not only preposterous but absurdly foolish.

My response was to these two comments. Then Suraju jumped in and so on.

So, it is not those who express contrarian views who turned this thread from Science and religion to Science and Brahminism.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Take this thread you started for instance. In the OP you are talking a lot about what it is to be a Brahmin, icm, etc. It is this theme on which you and K exchanged several posts. It was Shri KRS who made a general defense of Brahmin customs and the condescending sounding comment "This is why I did not agree with the likes of Professor Nara Ji." (Aside: brother, I am sure you didn't mean it that way, and I didn't take it that way either, but the phrase "the likes of" makes the statement sound that way, thats all.)

Then it was sarang's turn here, speaking of the straw man -- demand for collective apology and how that would be not only preposterous but absurdly foolish.

My response was to these two comments. Then Suraju jumped in and so on.

So, it is not those who express contrarian views who turned this thread from Science and religion to Science and Brahminism.

Cheers!

<Edtd - KRS. Sri ShivKC Ji, why are you jumping in the middle of something with a personal comment? This is not nice.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Nara,

Your post # 53 for reference:

I see that you have given some more defensive arguments. So, my use of those words like defensive, irate, etc., stands. As I said in my response, today's Brahmins do have a moral responsibility to stand with the victims of Varna/jAti system. They need to do all they can to eradicate this scourge from the cultural practice. As Shri KRS observes, today if Sankarachariyar or any other Brahminical public figure offers to mediate between Thevar and Dalit they will be laughed at. Why? You Brahmins need to think about that.

You may treat them as standing. But as far as I am concerned I have answered your comments and now it is for the members of this forum to decide whether the counter points are convincing or not. I am not going to deny you the satisfaction that they stand.

Today's brahmins do stand with the victims of casteism as they have done in the past. It is not some thing of a new concept or something not known in the past. We have discussed this earlier too. I repeat briefly this: Madurai vaidyanatha Iyer had the time and inclination to adopt a harijan into his family and he(the harijan) became a minister in Kamaraj ministry later. Closer home my father had the time and inclination to use his limited resources to start a school in a hamlet near our village and teach the children there and some of them became officers in Tamilnadu Govt. service. My maternal uncle, after taking retirement from the Army had the time, inclination and resources(got as benefits of retirement) and used them all to open a school, again in a distant hamlet near Srivilliputhur to teach the children of the village. There are many such instances that I know. They were all cases involving individuals who did silently wonderful social work without making much noise.While brahmins are bothered more about doing such things you are bothered more about political declarations to be made by them and position statements to be published by their acharyas. I can not close this point without mentioning about the rank hypocrisy of the so called champions of dalits from the dravidian parties who are all heroes for some brahmins. EVR was unable to find a single dalit to let into his closer proximity. I leave it at that as this post may become dreary. That caste discrimination can not be eradicated without the whole-hearted cooperation of the dominant castes is the stark reality that stares at your face today when you look at the social scenario of the country. And that brahmins can not do much about this is another stark reality. I know you won't accept any of what I say. But still I post here at the cost of being repetitive because the wider readership here will draw its judgment as to who is speaking standing firmly on the ground called reality and who is flying high in the clouds. Shankaracharya would not be laughed at if he were the leader of a political party(however small and inconsequential it may be) of dominant castes!!

Cheers.

Disclaimer: No word written here is written with the intention to hit any one personally. If they appear to be so, it would be only because I am using an alien tongue in which I am not well versed.

Last edited:
Dear Nara,

Your post # 53 for reference:

You may treat them as standing. But as far as I am concerned I have answered your comments and now it is for the members of this forum to decide whether the counter points are convincing or not. I am not going to deny you the satisfaction that they stand.

Today's brahmins do stand with the victims of casteism as they have done in the past. It is not some thing of a new concept or something not known in the past. We have discussed this earlier too. I repeat briefly this: Madurai vaidyanatha Iyer had the time and inclination to adopt a harijan into his family and he(the harijan) became a minister in Kamaraj ministry later. Closer home my father had the time and inclination to use his limited resources to start a school in a hamlet near our village and teach the children there and some of them became officers in Tamilnadu Govt. service. My maternal uncle, after taking retirement from the Army had the time, inclination and resources(got as benefits of retirement) and used them all to open a school, again in a distant hamlet near Srivilliputhur to teach the children of the village. There are many such instances that I know. They were all cases involving individuals who did silently wonderful social work without making much noise.While brahmins are bothered more about doing such things you are bothered more about political declarations to be made by them and position statements to be published by their acharyas. I can not close this point without mentioning about the rank hypocrisy of the so called champions of dalits from the dravidian parties who are all heroes for some brahmins. EVR was unable to find a single dalit to let into his closer proximity. I leave it at that as this post may become dreary. That caste discrimination can not be eradicated without the whole-hearted cooperation of the dominant castes is the stark reality that stares at your face today when you look at the social scenario of the country. And that brahmins can not do much about this is another stark reality. I know you won't accept any of what I say. But still I post here at the cost of being repetitive because the wider readership here will draw its judgment as to who is speaking standing firmly on the ground called reality and who is flying high in the clouds. Shankaracharya would not be laughed at if he were the leader of a political party(however small and inconsequential it may be) of dominant castes!!

Cheers.

Disclaimer: No word written here is written with the intention to hit any one personally. If they appear to be so, it would be only because I am using an alien tongue in which I am not well versed.

Excellent post with personal experiences thrown in. Like you said if that is not enough, i do not know what is needed.

..... I know you won't accept any of what I say......

Shankaracharya would not be laughed at if he were the leader of a political party(however small and inconsequential it may be) of dominant castes!!
Dear Raju,

My post was in response to the suggestion that we are, strike that, I was demanding Brahmins to collectively own up to some sort of past guilt and tender an apology to whom I know not. My intent was to disabuse such notions.

You have taken this discussion to a well trodden territory. That is fine, as you say I am unable to be persuaded by the citation of individual cases of defying the Brahminical order as in the case of Vaidyanatha Iyer (Aside: his grandson is a close friend of mine from my BHEL days) or the personal anecdotes of charity work of your family members. I can't accept your generalization of these instances.

Further, your characterization of what I am saying is wrong, I am not calling merely for some declarations from Acharyas. There must be genuine good will towards the oppressed. The fact is, the Dalit who gets oppressed by the Caste Hindus are saying these Thevars etc., are Brahmins in disguise. I want people to think about that. You may reject this as simply political, but that would not be wise. The reason Sankarachariyar, or any other Brahmnical acharyas, will be laughed at is not because they do not have political backing, it is because they represent Brahminism, one that is non different from Varna system for Dalits, thevars, naickers, and the other hundreds of jAtis.

I know there is visceral hatred for EVR. He was virulently anti-Brahmin, and many Brahmins, including you, are unable get past this. Rajaji, who is still a grand sire of politics, nationalism and religious faith for all Brahmins, could see past this anti-brahmin rhetoric of EVR and be a close friend of his, yet the Brahmins today are caught up in an emotional trap when it comes to EVR.

IMO, EVR is a Bharat Ratna. He instilled self-respect in all the oppressed people of Tamil Nadu, Dalit included. Whether EVR had Dalits in his close circle or not, the Dalits don't seem to care, they still hold him in very high esteem. EVR was one of only two public figures to call for complete emancipation of women, the other being Bhararthiyar. But EVR went farther than Bharathi. He was fearless in criticizing superstitions irrespective of source, he didn't pull his punches when it came to Tamil, he did not fall victim to language chauvinism like many of his chelas did. EVR is a shining light for many a forward thinking people interested in self-respect and social justice. A thousand years from now if one individual from Tamil Nadu will be remembered fondly it will be EVR.

Raju, you and I are destined not to see eye-to-eye on anything, except probably moderation -- brother KRS, just a joke!!!. But I am glad we can exchange views amicably. If Rajaji can be friends with EVR, I think you can be friends with me, no?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evr was a anti hundu ant-india in addition to being anti brahmin. He was an opportunist, politician, and worse, terrorizing Brahmins. It is an utter insult to the entire Brahmin community, and this is deliberate provocation, because the failure of this poster to get one sound bite right.
Even Gingrich is a better politician than that.

Evr was a anti hundu ant-india in addition to being anti brahmin. He was an opportunist, politician, and worse, terrorizing Brahmins. It is an utter insult to the entire Brahmin community, and this is deliberate provocation, because the failure of this poster to get one sound bite right.
Even Gingrich is a better politician than that.

Relax prasad1, if you don't agree with what I am saying that does not necessarily mean what I am saying is an insult to Brahmin community.

BTW, what do you think about the fact (i) Rajaji was his close friend, (ii) EVR is celebrated as Thandai (Patriarch) Periyar (respected one) by almost all of TN, and (iii) there is a statue of him in almost all towns and villages in Tamil Nadu.

I don't understand your comment about sound-bite. Your opinion of Gingrich is noted.

Thanks .....

p.s. the thread seems to be taking another turn, I don't want to be held me responsible.

Dear brother Nara Ji,

Let me say two brief things, with apologies to the thread originator for again veering off the subject. I promise these will be my last comments on the current topic.

!. I do not agree with your assessment as to why a mediating Shankaracharyal will be laughed at. It is because Brahmins have no relevance in the society today. And the reason is understandable - now it is over six or seven generations that what you call as 'Brahminism' (in my mind that is essentially blaming one group for all the ills in a changed society) has even existed - nowadays no one cares. When I was there in Chennai a decade ago, during election time, there were no marches against 'Brahminism' - nothing like that ever came up. I heard a couple of comments like that from the DMK higher ups. So, I am afraid that what EVR agitated for is a reality- the Brahmin community is like any other community, but without any political power because of its size. This irrelevance of the community with respect to the life in TN will only increase over time. As I have said, the responsibility of resolving these criminal and civil caste based issues should be in the province of the government.

2. Yes, EVR was an important figure in TN. He would be great if only he and his goons did not use the gestapo tactics to humiliate the Brahmins with vile acts. In my eyes, this was inexcusable. Anyone using violence to humiliate others and try to achieve their purpose however just their cause may be automatically lose my respect and must not be honored.

Regards,
KRS

...2. Yes, EVR was an important figure in TN. He would be great if only he and his goons did not use the gestapo tactics to humiliate the Brahmins with vile acts. In my eyes, this was inexcusable. Anyone using violence to humiliate others and try to achieve their purpose however just their cause may be automatically lose my respect and must not be honored.
Dear brother KRS, on #1 let us leave it as a point where we are not going to agree. On point #2, I would like to caution you not to use Nazi analogy. They annihilated 6 million Jews and millions of Gypsies and others. To compare EVR and his followers to Gestapo is an injustice not to EVR and his followers, but to the victims of Gestapo.

There is lot of urban legend about Brahmins being accosted by DK members. These are just that, unverified accounts. There may have been isolated instances where a kudumi or a poonal may have been cut by an out of control youth. These were certainly not wide spread or orchestrated. There was one instance in which an irate DK member attempted to assassinate Rajaji, which EVR and all his followers roundly condemned and urged their followers to not to engage in violence.

So, it is my considered opinion that the charge EVR promoted violence against Brahmins is to be rejected as a case of supreme mendacity.

Cheers!

He was child molester, and a pedophile. If he was in USA, he would be in jail, where he belongs. He was anti-india, in that he was no better that Bhinderwal, he was a deshdrohi, and wanted to breakup India.

There is a definite reversal. All eateries bearing the name 'brahmin club' were attacked, and the 'brahmin' tag was removed from all name boards. Now 'brahmin' tag attached to restaurant name boards can be seen even in mid size towns.

Apart from iyengar bakery import from karnataka, 'mambalam iyer' pickles and ready mix traditional pastes, 'brahmin sambar podi' is a new entrant.

When I was there in Chennai a decade ago, during election time, there were no marches against 'Brahminism' - nothing like that ever came up.

Regards,
KRS

I have a question regarding these "Brahmin" restaurants. Were they Brahmin because they did stuff like used hing instead of garlic and therefore sold food that was acceptable for brahmins to eat or were they meant for brahmin patrons only?

Dear Nara,

Your post #58 for reference:

..... as you say I am unable to be persuaded by the citation of individual cases of defying the Brahminical order as in the case of Vaidyanatha Iyer (Aside: his grandson is a close friend of mine from my BHEL days) or the personal anecdotes of charity work of your family members. I can't accept your generalization of these instances.

I see here an attempt to shift the emphasis. The emphasis in my post was on the hypocrisy of EVR as compared to the transparent sincerity of ordinary , little known, not well to do brahmins. Vaidyanatha Iyer's daughter was running an orphanage for destitutes in KK District of Tamilnadu when I lost touch with her. The personal references to real life events are only to ensure that they are not called just anecdotes without any proof. There is no generalization or claim that all brahmins do charities. It is just to show how hollow the icons were.

Further, your characterization of what I am saying is wrong, I am not calling merely for some declarations from Acharyas. There must be genuine good will towards the oppressed. The fact is, the Dalit who gets oppressed by the Caste Hindus are saying these Thevars etc., are Brahmins in disguise. I want people to think about that. You may reject this as simply political, but that would not be wise. The reason Sankarachariyar, or any other Brahmnical acharyas, will be laughed at is not because they do not have political backing, it is because they represent Brahminism, one that is non different from Varna system for Dalits, thevars, naickers, and the other hundreds of jAtis.

How do you know that there is no genuine good will? Which is the touch-stone to prove their good will? No dalit that I know(I know quite a few politically active ones) has ever said that the Thevars are Brahmins in disguise, as you claim. They rather wonder "why these thevars are telling us that when a brahmin beats you it will be painfull whereas when I beat you it wont be because we are all dravidian brothers". This is the reason why the dalits of Tamilnadu try to search for a leader/father figure in Ambedkar who is a Maharashtrian. You will find more statues of Ambedkar in Tamilnadu than that of EVR. There is no trust on the dravidian parties because they represent middle caste interests right from the time of EVR. What you mean by brahminism?

I know there is visceral hatred for EVR. He was virulently anti-Brahmin, and many Brahmins, including you, are unable get past this. Rajaji, who is still a grand sire of politics, nationalism and religious faith for all Brahmins, could see past this anti-brahmin rhetoric of EVR and be a close friend of his, yet the Brahmins today are caught up in an emotional trap when it comes to EVR.

Brahmins do not know what hatred is visceral or pathological. No one can forget that EVR was a goon and head of a group of goons. I do not hold Rajaji in any great awe. His political views are not acceptable to me. You may like him because he liked your icon EVR.

IMO, EVR is a Bharat Ratna. He instilled self-respect in all the oppressed people of Tamil Nadu, Dalit included. Whether EVR had Dalits in his close circle or not, the Dalits don't seem to care, they still hold him in very high esteem. EVR was one of only two public figures to call for complete emancipation of women, the other being Bhararthiyar. But EVR went farther than Bharathi. He was fearless in criticizing superstitions irrespective of source, he didn't pull his punches when it came to Tamil, he did not fall victim to language chauvinism like many of his chelas did. EVR is a shining light for many a forward thinking people interested in self-respect and social justice. A thousand years from now if one individual from Tamil Nadu will be remembered fondly it will be EVR.

About this I will be posting separately.
And I like what you have said in the last para of your post.

Last edited:
This is what EVR says in the book, ‘Tamil language and Tamil people’:
“In today’s Tamil world, some Tamil poets names keep appearing frequently. They are: 1.Tholkappiyan, 2.Thiruvalluvan, 3.Kamban. Of these,
1. Tholkappiyan was an Aryan servant. The traitor gave as grammar all of ‘Arya Dharma’.
2. Thiruvalluvan, without bothering about ‘paguththarivu’, dominated by his own religious feelings supporting ‘Aryan thoughts’ offered something as ‘scriptures’.
3. Kamban, like today’s politicians and patriots, used his Tamil knowledge in favor of anti-Tamil pappans, so proved himself as a money minded Tamil traitor. He is a total liar. Total fraud. He imagined himself to be a ‘pappan’, and offered thoughts even a pappan would hesitate to offer. Thus, this traitor pushed the Tamils down permanently.
All these three supported ‘castes’ and ‘caste based jobs’.
In Kudiyarasu dated 20/1/1929, he wrote further about Thiruvalluvar as:
“We can see many things supporting Gods like Indran, Bramma and Vishnu and Arya religious practices and superstitions such as Reincarnation, Heaven, Hell, Upper world, Souls, Devas, etc.”
These are his views about the great Tamil poets. Were Tholkaapiyar, Kambar and Valluvar traitors? Good description! If, as creators of ‘Tamil grammar’ and ‘Tamil Literature’, they earn the name ‘traitors’, as the one who insulted the language, is EVR not a traitor?

E V Ramasamy Naickarin Marupakkam - M Venkatesan

... You will find more statues of Ambedkar in Tamilnadu than that of EVR. There is no trust on the dravidian parties because they represent middle caste interests right from the time of EVR. What you mean by brahminism?
Dear Raju I have not counted the number of Ambedkar statues and that of EVR, neither have you. When it comes to opposition to Brahminism Ambedkar was no less than EVR. While I agree EVR is an icon for me, Ambedkar is even more of an icon. Look at the avathar picture I have for my ID.

Raju, the charge prasad1 makes about EVR is, to put it mildly, unserious. When it comes to being anti-brahmin and anti-Hindu, there was no daylight between Ambedkar and EVR. The charge EVR was anti-India is silly, once again putting it mildly, it betrays a profound level of unfamiliarity with who EVR was and what he fought for.

BTW, since you cite Ambedkar, how about answering Babasaheb's cutting criticism of Varna in his masterpiece, Annihilation of Caste, Gandhi tried and failed miserably.

No one can forget that EVR was a goon and head of a group of goons.
Raju, it is really unfortunate that you want to use such hateful and harsh language against someone you know to be my icon. Where will we be if I use such hateful and insulting epithets about some of the Brahminical acharyas, I know I will be under the ax of my brother KRS, no?

Anyway, I have explained why I consider EVR to be a Bharat Ratna and why he is a bright shining light for almost all citizens of Tamil Nadu. You guys are saying he is a goon etc., based solely on your visceral and pathological hatred of EVR. That is well and good, and I will leave it at that.

Cheers!

While science is on the one side, a much later development, Brahminism was an early religion
in the Indian Sub Continent purely based on the Vedic Writings. There should not be any
second thought on the codes of Brahminism. It is no doubt any early form of Hinduism. Brahmins
had carried out the Sacred values as inscribed in our precious Vedas, Puranic Literatures, etc and
are still continuing to do so.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I have a question regarding these "Brahmin" restaurants. Were they Brahmin because they did stuff like used hing instead of garlic and therefore sold food that was acceptable for brahmins to eat or were they meant for brahmin patrons only?

Though I do not have authoritative sources to back to my statement, the following is my opinion:

The food stuff were prepared in the brahmin way of cooking and was a sort of reassurance to the consumers that non-permitted item in the brahmin way of cooking were not involved. Sort of vegetarian and non-vegetarian hotels of these days.

In due course of time it would have veered off in the direction that only brahmins patronised such restaurants. There is no effective way that restaurant owners could ensure that the consumers were only brahmins!!

Until after a few years of Independence, the "BrahmaNAL kApi SAppADu club or hotels" in old Kerala were not accessible to NBs. This rule could be observed because, under the Maharajas of Travancore, and also Cochi, any NB trying to break the rule or custom could be severely punished.

These kApi-SAppADu clubs (as they were popularly called) did use hing (asafoetida, that is), onions etc., but use of garlic was not allowed. Orthodox brahmins would not eat items with garlic.

Items were invariably served on plantain leaves - never in plates, and after a person got up from his seat, the "table" used to be cleaned with cowdung and water in some of these clubs if so requested by any conservative client. There was always an ante-room in which people could sit on mats and eat from the plantain leaf placed on the floor. Sometimes even the traditional "Amappalaka" (tortoise-shaped wooden seat on which only vaidiki brahmins used to sit for their meals) and a small vessel (called "kiNDi" in Malayalam) for "neer cuttaratu" was also available in some places, it seems.

I have heard these from elders whom I trust, but in my life-time, have not seen this.

The system of eating while seated on the floor was there in Shencottah railway station VRR, even when I was a small boy, may be 1970's.

p.s. the thread seems to be taking another turn, I don't want to be held me responsible.

This is what I meant in my post #51, irrespective of which group is dragging brahminsm between the discussion on "Science & religion".

All the posts in the last 2/3 pages are all about Brahmins, Brahminism, EVR, Rajaji, Achaarayas etc, thats totally similar to the discussion on Brahmins & Brahminism, who is God Father or who is the traitor of TN and tamilians etc.

I really wonder what makes so interesting and meaningful to debate/argue repeatedly in any thread topic that is not intended to clearly debate on Brahmins/Brahminsm/Caste/God Father/Goons etc...

p.s. my observation is not to protest against debates on Brahmins / Brahminsm/ EVR / Rajaji / God father / Goons / Caste etc. It is purely expecting a good debate on "Science & Religion".

Brahmin Udupi Restaurants are very famous in Karnataka and even in Tamil Nadu.
They do not prepare Garlic, Papaya, Mushrooms, etc and are generally avoided.
Some Tamil Brahmins Hotels are famous for Kara Vadai. The meal is served on a
Banana Leaf over a plate and is usually eaten by hand. This is very hygienic because
you throw away the leaf immediately after use. All the Hotels in India are not having
hygienic methods for washing the plates and for sterilize facility. Brahmin Hotels
offer a good filter coffee. Vegetarian retaining traditional taste foods are served
besides hot snacks prepared as and when ordered. Most of the Hotel Owners, these
days ensure use of hand gloves by the Waiters.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Brahmin Udupi Restaurants are very famous in Karnataka and even in Tamil Nadu.
They do not prepare Garlic, Papaya, Mushrooms, etc and are generally avoided.
Some Tamil Brahmins Hotels are famous for Kara Vadai. The meal is served on a
Banana Leaf over a plate and is usually eaten by hand. This is very hygienic because
you throw away the leaf immediately after use. All the Hotels in India are not having
hygienic methods for washing the plates and for sterilize facility. Brahmin Hotels
offer a good filter coffee. Vegetarian retaining traditional taste foods are served
besides hot snacks prepared as and when ordered. Most of the Hotel Owners, these
days ensure use of hand gloves by the Waiters.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

LOL :focus:

@Balasubramanian. I see sarcasm and irony in your reply to this thread.
Your information is well accepted and I hope further posts in this thread will honour the topic of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back