• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Self respect movement

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a conservative brahmin who has not been in TN, I wonder what constructive contribution EVR has made to the Brahmin community of TN, or for that matter, to people of TN as a whole as well.

With my limited knowledge about EVR, his DK party and its off-shoots like DMK/AIADMK etc., I feel EVR was successful in arousing hatred towards brahmins and unify the rest of TN society based on this common base of hatred. But Gandhi did something very, very similar, imo; the only difference was that the object of hatred was the British and Gandhi brought all the people of India to unite under this feeling of "hatred".

In my view, for a country formed from seeds of hatred, a state political party copying the national party's master-plan cannot be faulted very much.

As a conservative brahmin who has not been in TN, I wonder what constructive contribution EVR has made to the Brahmin community of TN, or for that matter, to people of TN as a whole as well.

With my limited knowledge about EVR, his DK party and its off-shoots like DMK/AIADMK etc., I feel EVR was successful in arousing hatred towards brahmins and unify the rest of TN society based on this common base of hatred. But Gandhi did something very, very similar, imo; the only difference was that the object of hatred was the British and Gandhi brought all the people of India to unite under this feeling of "hatred".

In my view, for a country formed from seeds of hatred, a state political party copying the national party's master-plan cannot be faulted very much.

The national party's master plan to establish unity among the citizens of India through seeds of hatred against British invaders/rulers, that too through non violence movements that Gandhi ji advocated, can not make any sense in copying the same to establish hatred against fellow Indians/Tamilians.

The seed of hatred that EVR tried to sow and grow into huge tree was against Brahmins and Hinduism (Vedas, legendary epic stories and Devas).

The later types of hatred can not be down played and or justified, comparing with the most desirable and warranted hatred of the former types. In fact, it just does not make any sense in such comparison in order to suffice self serving solace.

Considering a state political party's strategy to establish hatred towards one community and Hinduism in general as less faulty, is similar to say that, a hired assassin's assassination of his own family members can not be faulty very much when he is into a profession of murdering outsiders for money to feed himself and his family.

Mr. Sharma,
Your premise of Ghandhi ji is movement was completely wrong, on the other hand he extended the hand of friendship to Britain even after independence.
EVR tried to divide Indians, then Tamilians. He was against Hinduism. His presumption of Aryan invasion was wrong. He started from wrong point of view and was against Brahmins, which unfortunately includes you and your family members. They are still paying the price for it even today.

A man generally marries a women, but that does not include his mother, similarly action against a foreign enemy is not similar to action against a local criminal. In Gita Krishna asks Arjuna to fight against his cousins to right a wrong, not just for the sport.
When you proclaim yourself to be a conservative brahmin, but you seem to have missed it by a mile.

Last edited:
I feel EVR was successful in arousing hatred towards brahmins and unify the rest of TN society based on this common base of hatred. But Gandhi did something very, very similar, imo; the only difference was that the object of hatred was the British and Gandhi brought all the people of India to unite under this feeling of "hatred".

Dear Sarmaji,

I get your point but I think the word is not "hatred" for Gandhi but rather "target".
When a soldier shoots at his enemy he does not have hatred but just see the enemy as a target to do his duty.

Gandhi's target was aimed at freeing India from British Rule.So Gandhi used "bullets" of Ahimsa.

Bullets of Hatred never hit the target, they only Ricochet.

Last edited:
Dear Sri.Raju, Greetings.

My message in #316 was only to reiterate NBs also learned Sanskrit, it was not exclusive to brahmin caste only. Thanks for you input.

remember un utharaththu uthiththezhunthe onru pala oidinum?

This really put a smile on my face. You quoted 'Manonmaniyam' (மனோன்மணியம்) sincerely. I wish to bring a politician who said 'என் உயிர், இந்தி என்......' in the past, quoted those same phrases from மனோன்மணியம் .... ?????????? ???????? ?????????? ???????: ????????? recently!..
That is a charlatan politician. People have very weak memory. They clapped hands then, they clapped hands now! They don't think. Politicians don't like who can think....

I cited Narayana Guru to show NBS learned Vedas too, it was not restricted to brahmins only. Also, Sri.Narayana Guru was a real reformer who took up reforming with 'love and inclusion' as his motto.

You are right. Language is only a medium of communication, at the end of the day, all are the same.

Cheers!

Sarma said -

With my limited knowledge about EVR, his DK party and its off-shoots like DMK/AIADMK etc., I feel EVR was successful in arousing hatred towards brahmins and unify the rest of TN society based on this common base of hatred.

A small correction, if you don't mind. E V R unified non-brahmin communities other than harijans. He spread hatred against one particular community since they were monorities, since they seldom were capable of violence. He created a perfect cover for the NBS to continue their discriminations against harijans. It was so successful, the scapegoats as of today are not able to retaliate while the NBs continue to enjoy previleges from the government while continuing such discriminations against dalits.

As usual, as of today brahmins are still 'discussing' about that while carrying the albatros around their necks. That needs to change.

Cheers!

Narayana Guru

Dear Sri.Raju, Greetings.

My message in #316 was only to reiterate NBs also learned Sanskrit, it was not exclusive to brahmin caste only. Thanks for you input.

This really put a smile on my face. You quoted 'Manonmaniyam' (மனோன்மணியம்) sincerely. I wish to bring a politician who said 'என் உயிர், இந்தி என்......' in the past, quoted those same phrases from மனோன்மணியம் .... ?????????? ???????? ?????????? ???????: ????????? recently!..
That is a charlatan politician. People have very weak memory. They clapped hands then, they clapped hands now! They don't think. Politicians don't like who can think....

I cited Narayana Guru to show NBS learned Vedas too, it was not restricted to brahmins only. Also, Sri.Narayana Guru was a real reformer who took up reforming with 'love and inclusion' as his motto.

You are right. Language is only a medium of communication, at the end of the day, all are the same.

Cheers!

Every bit of Shri Naryana Guru is different from EVR..The Guru is revered for the knowledge of Vedas...His philosophy was non violent and he was open to the views of others..He has authored several books in Sanskrit & Tamil besides Malayalam...He is neither antibrahmin nor an iconoclast like Periyar...Rather he used the culture of the upper castes to empower the Dalits

Last edited:
If I am correct, a true brahmin never expects or demands respects rather he commands
respects. A true brahmin is who is born into a brahmin family descending from seven
generations, besides he must be well versed in the Vedas, has to be handsome and
virtuous besides he has to possess wisdom. Once these are fulfilled, he is not to worry
about the self-respects.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

If I am correct, a true brahmin never expects or demands respects rather he commands
respects. A true brahmin is who is born into a brahmin family descending from seven
generations, besides he must be well versed in the Vedas, has to be handsome and
virtuous besides he has to possess wisdom. Once these are fulfilled, he is not to worry
about the self-respects.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

OMG so many criteria...sir in that case who is a Brahmin?

Every bit of Shri Naryanaguri is different from EVR..The Guru is revered for the knowledge of Vedas...His philosophy was non violent and he was open to the views of others..He has authored several books in Sanskrit & Tamil besides Malayalam...He is neither antibrahmin nor an iconoclast like Periyar...Rather he used the culture of the upper castes to empower the Dalits

Yes I totally agree with you..Narayanaguru ji was truly a sage with Sama Darshinah(Equal Vision)

about the self-respects.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

OMG so many criteria...sir in that case who is a Brahmin?

Dear Renuka,

All the Devas are Brahmin and all humans on the Earth are Shudras, serving Devas and Devas creation.

:)

Dear Renuka,

All the Devas are Brahmin and all humans on the Earth are Shudras, serving Devas and Devas creation.

:)

Ha Ha Ha..wow what a rude shock for EVR in the Loka of the Departed that Devas are Brahmins!!LOL
Poor guy he cant fight up there!!

Ha Ha Ha..wow what a rude shock for EVR in the Loka of the Departed that Devas are Brahmins!!LOL
Poor guy he cant fight up there!!

Why cant he fight up there? Over a period of time his cronies would be joining him there, is it not? Wonder what would be the name of his "katchi" (party) there!! And in which bAshA he will be giving his speeches (deva bhAshA or dravida bhAshA)!!!

Why cant he fight up there? Over a period of time his cronies would be joining him there, is it not? Wonder what would be the name of his "katchi" (party) there!! And in which bAshA he will be giving his speeches (deva bhAshA or dravida bhAshA)!!!

It would be ஆவி R Katchi.

Last edited:
Language would be भूतanese!!(BHUTanese)!!!
get it?

Got it!!!

Fine enough, if the vibration of BHUTanese language does not reach down and play havoc with the intellect of all Shudras in Bhooloka and keep them off form their service to Devas and Devas creation.

Got it!!!

Fine enough, if the vibration of BHUTanese language does not reach down and play havoc with the intellect of all Shudras in Bhooloka and keep them off form their service to Devas and Devas creation.

We dont have to worry thats why we humans at Bhooloka can sing Hanuman Chalisa
भुत पेसच निकट नहीं आवेह,महावीर जब नाम सुनावेह
(
Bhut pesach nikat nahi aaveh ,Mahavir jab naam sunaveh )

He may not have to, what if he was rejected at the gate? LOL

Dear PrasadJi,

Why should he be rejected? It would be better to admit someone in and than 'bash up' the person.
Why let them escape by being rejected.
See it's better to keep an 'opponent' in a cell and 'torture' him lifelong instead of setting him free with a death sentence!!

Arasiyal'la Ithellam Sagajam'appa!!!

Last edited:
Arasiyal'la Ithellam Sagajam'appa!!!

அரசியல்லே இதெல்லாம் சகச்சம் அப்பா....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back