• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Self respect movement

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the opposition to his thread has made him seek cover

No!!!! He never ever need a cover to shield/hide himself. He opens many things that reveals everything about the each thing. Proposition and opposition plays its best role in each of such opening. in attempts towards finding the truth.

If the question is, where gone, the author of this OP? The only right answer probably would be - "The author has exposed everything and nothing more is left OR the author is just not interested to continue further, in this thread.

What ever may be the reason, the only important thing is - The author should continue to expose the matter in this Tamil Brahmins Forum - Brahmins World, with all his inbuilt capabilities, skills & knowledge and help bringing the best of propositions and oppositions. That would bring about detailed and elaborate understanding of the truth and would spice up each and every topic.

I love all of you. I finally got a chance to log in and catch up on the last few pages of this thread. God bless you all. Some really nice posts put forward by some really intelligent and well spoken men and women.

Renuka,

Why this fiery new avatar with fangs? Is it the mouse which you dissected alive for your research/practicals coming in your nightmares and troubling your conscience? Any way I am getting nightmares. Just kidding. Cheers.

Narayana Guru is above everyone in his days. He is not person to be
compared to EVR. Narayana Guru has served for the great cause of
Dalits and others equally without any compromise and for the wellbeing
of everyone. His services were appreciated by people like Swami
Vivekananda.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Renuka,

Why this fiery new avatar with fangs? Is it the mouse which you dissected alive for your research/practicals coming in your nightmares and troubling your conscience? Any way I am getting nightmares. Just kidding. Cheers.

This is the new Asura in town....

Mushikaasura ( मूषिकासुर ) Fang Club anyone?

Last edited:
Salary or Work Advance

It is an ancient news which was prevalent even in those days. It is not a
new thing which is now prevalent. Normally, when we assign a work to
someone, the contract employee demands some advance payment before
commencement of the work. The first person to start this was Lord Shiva,
i.e. the Chokkanathar of Madurai. The then King, to block the banks of the
river Vaigai to stop flood water flowing into the town, ordered the people of the
entire town to depute one person per house. An old lady, named Vandhi
a Siva Bakthai, being old could not do the aforementioned job herself nor
she had money to engage a Coolie and make the payment for the work. She
prayed to the Lord Shiva and the Lord appeared before her as a comman
man. When the Lord questioned her about the "Cooli" to be paid HIM, the
old lady mentioned that she would give HIM, "Puttu" which is only possible.
Then Lord Shiva demanded "Puttu" in advance before starting the work.
The Old Lady gave HIM a hot Puttu and Lord Shiva was very happy with the
Sweet Puttu and danced in the enjoyment of its nourishment. This is the
first occasion to start with an advance Coolie for doing a work in the history
of Hindu literature. The Old Lady thus secured her self respect through the
above incidence during the rule of King Pandiyan in Madurai.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
where art thou? where art that man who opened this thread?

should we add him the list of happyhindu etc, and send special requests en mass with requests to be active here?

should we add him the list of happyhindu etc, and send special requests en mass with requests to be active here?

Dear Sri. Shiv, Greetings.

I wonder why? When he was actively posting, most of his posts were targetting the brahmin community, either the present brahmin community or the brahmin community of yeater years. He did attract so many comments against his messages. I Don't see why he should be requested 'en mass' to be active in the forum again? There is no way he would change his style of delivering his opinions; repeatedly we have seen such style is rather not loved by others in this forum. Personally, i think, in his free time he should down couple of black lable drinks and watch some of the nice Malayalam movies I have posted in the past... that would be one way of having a good time. I know, he wouldn't like others suggesting him what to do.. but what the heck! I just wrote what i would do.. ( but the drink would be different though!).

Cheers!

dear shivKC,

nainam chindanti shastrani nainam dahati pavakah
na cainam kledayanty apo na sosayati marutah

No one really leaves the forum..everyone is a silent witness .

How some one forgot the self respect marriage

தான் பதிவு திருமணம் செய்து கொண்ட பிறகு 1962-ம் ஆண்டு ஈ.வே.ராமசாமி நாயக்கர் கூறுகிறார்:-

…பதிவுத் திருமணத்தில் ரிஜிஸ்ட்ரார் முன்னிலையில் நாங்கள் சட்டப்படிக் கணவனும், மனைவியுமாக ஏற்று நடக்க சம்மதிக்கிறோம் என்று மட்டும் தான் சொல்கிறார்கள். நாம் நடத்தும் திருமணத்தில் ‘நாங்களிருவரும் ஒருவருக்கொருவர் துணைவர்களாக வாழ்க்கை ஒப்பந்தம் செய்துக்கொள்வதோடு ஒருவருக்கொருவர் எல்லாத் துறைகளிலும் இன்ப-துன்பங்களில் சமபங்கு அளித்துச் சமமாக ஒத்துவாழ உறுதி கூறுகின்றோம’ என்று சொல்லும் முறையை கையாள்கிறோம். நம்முடையது சம உரிமைத் திருமணம் அல்லவா?
(விடுதலை 20-04-1962)

தான் ரிஜிஸ்ட்ரார் முன்னிலையில் பதிவுத் திருமணம் செய்துகொண்டு மற்றவர்களுக்கு சுயமரியாதை திருமணத்தை கூறுகிறார் என்றால் இதுதான் கொள்கைப்பிடிப்பா?

தான் ரிஜிஸ்ட்ரார் முன்னிலையில் பதிவுத் திருமணம் செய்துகொண்டுவிட்டு மற்றவர்கள் சுயமரியாதை திருமணத்தை கடைபிடிக்க வேண்டும் என்று சொல்ல ஈ.வே.ராமசாமி நாயக்கருக்கு என்ன தகுதியிருக்கிறது?

நம்முடையது சம உரிமைத் திருமணம் என்கிறார். அப்படியென்றால் இவர் ஏன் சம உரிமைத் திருமணம் செய்துகொள்ளவில்லை?

Nannilam Sir....

" There is no Life without a WIEF "

" There is always a Women behind every Successful Man "

So Married life is not THORNY...

IT IS A PERFECTION IN EVERY MAN'S LIFE.

One has to keep the eyes open prior to the marriage and close
the same soon after the marriage as one has to walk on a thorny
surface.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,
Keep eyes equally open after marriage otherwise how are we going to see the roses among the thorns in the path we thread?

Marriage is a transient journey once we are dead its Nee Yaaro Naan Yaaro and just in time for our next Birth(life )with a new spouse.

Last edited:
Dear sir,
Keep eyes equally open after marriage otherwise how are we going to see the roses among the thorns in the path we thread?

Marriage is a transient journey once we are dead its Nee Yaaro Naan Yaaro and just in time for our next life with a new spouse.

I do agree that we can enjoy the beauty and smell of the roses if we are not hurt by the thorns while
handling it. No doubt marriage is a transient journey and ups and downs are quite natural
and inevitable. But the spirit the of marriage in the true sense is not enjoyed by everyone and there
are failures too.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I do agree that we can enjoy the beauty and smell of the roses if we are not hurt by the thorns while
handling it. No doubt marriage is a transient journey and ups and downs are quite natural
and inevitable. But the spirit the of marriage in the true sense is not enjoyed by everyone and there
are failures too.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,

Sometimes what seems like sorrow to the world is actually joy in disguise.
If everything is joy we will be stuck in the mud of existence and not come out of it.

Remember the story where Lord Indra was cursed to become a pig and he was enjoying with his pig family.
Ok here is the story.

The Danger of being Attached to the Body

Once upon a time Indra, the lord of the celestials, was cursed to be born as a pig on earth. Being born thus, he was spending all his time living a family life in dirty, muddy water. The sage Narada, while passing by and seeing this pig and its family, recognized Indra reduced to that lowly form. Narada, who loved Indra dearly, took great pity on him. Narada spoke to the pig, "Indra, look at what a state you have degenerated into. How did this happen? How could you, a great deity with unlimited power, the lord of all the heavenly regions, have come to this? But never mind, don't worry, I will get you out. I will use all my accumulated powers of penance to help you."

He spoke to him very sympathetically, lamenting that one who should be enjoying all the luxuries of heaven had been put into such a miserable state. How very unfortunate Indra's life had become, Narada thought.

But, Indra, in the form of the pig, replied, "Narada, why are you coming in the way of my happiness? The joy that I am getting in this dirty water I will not be able to get anywhere else. The wonderful life that I am enjoying here with my wife and children in this mud hole I cannot even get in heaven. Why have you come here to meddle with my life and get in the way of my joy? Please go your way and leave me be." Indra, who was under the spell of the illusion of attachment, did not realize his pitiful condition.

Narada had to summon Indra's own weapon, the celestial thunderbolt, to render that pig body asunder and free a much-relieved Indra from his prison of attachment and body-consciousness.

When you are under the spell of attachment; you will be completely deluded. This delusion is due to the irresistible power of maya, which veils your truth and keeps it hidden from you. If you want to destroy this power of illusion, you must develop your knowledge of the true self. Therefore, Krishna took it upon himself to start out his teachings by instructing Arjuna in self-knowledge. It is only after you have the direct experience of your eternal self, that you can truly do your work and discharge your duties properly. Without this knowledge you will not understand even the mundane daily activities relating to the world.

Listening to spiritual teachings can help you only to a small extent. When you are listening to the Gita you feel so happy and so full of joy. It all seems so simple. But this elation you experience is just a temporary phenomenon. When you undertake to put the teachings into practice many real problems and difficulties arise. But you must persist in your efforts. The teachings will do you little good unless you put them into practice. Whatever you have heard and whatever you have read you must enter into and completely make your own. Then you will gain something truly worthwhile.

Sai Baba Gita - Banish Ignorance and Sorrow will leave you Forever - XVI - Page 157

Dear sir,

Marriage is a transient journey once we are dead its Nee Yaaro Naan Yaaro and just in time for our next life with a new spouse.

Live your life with your wife
Just with your present life
Next life expectation is of no use
When now you have to be bemused.

Close your eyes and brains and follow the heart
For, you have decided not to get apart
Choose your spouse with all your art
For, you have to feel the present craft.

Nee Yaaro Naan Yaaro Kanne
Vendaam Intha Vaasam Ippo Namm Munne
Koodi Aadulaam, Paadulam, VaazhnthuThaan Paarkalam
Ippozhuthu Neeyum Naanum Ondru Thaane
Maranamum Marujanmamum Thevai Illai Kanne.

Live your life with your wife
Just with your present life
Next life expectation is of no use
When now you have to be bemused.

Close your eyes and brains and follow the heart
For, you have decided not to get apart
Choose your spouse with all your art
For, you have to feel the present craft.

Nee Yaaro Naan Yaaro Kanne
Vendaam Intha Vaasam Ippo Namm Munne
Koodi Aadulaam, Paadulam, VaazhnthuThaan Paarkalam
Ippozhuthu Neeyum Naanum Ondru Thaane
Maranamum Marujanmamum Thevai Illai Kanne.

Why do I have a feeling that I am psychic?
I had a strong feeling that Ravi will follow up on my post!!LOL

Ravi Vazgha!!

Why do I have a feeling that I am psychic?
I had a strong feeling that Ravi will follow up on my post!!LOL

Ravi Vazgha!!

Your strong feeling is absolutely right, in a sense that, you often stand out of the crowd.

You give lots opportunity to me, to express my views and share with all here.. :)

Renuka pallandu intha janmathil, sirappai Vaazhga!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back