• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srichurnam - Allergy

Has anyone faced a odd reaction that the entire line of Srichurnam becomes black? My grandfather, father and I - all have this problem. In fact, even my palm where I prepare the Srichurnam has become black, and skin peels off.

Any suggestions on what to try - other than stop using it please?
Yes, I too have it. The main reason is mixing more lime (சுண்ணாம்பு) than needed with turmeric (மஞ்சள்) & least or nil Kesar (குங்குமப்பூ) in Srichuranam preparation.
Solution: (Best consult a Dermatologist Dr). However, a few home remedies, based on my experience, may be tried (please do not blame me, if they do not work or suits any individual). If wound is not raw (only dark mark is there) then after cleaning forehead daily with cool water, a piece of lemon may be softly rubbed in one direction. Please note that lemon may increase burning sensation, if wound is raw. If so, Never venture, home remedies. Please consult a doctor. If blisters popup, wetness is felt, water is oozing or skin tear is seen, immediately consult a doctor to avoid infection & avoid any home remedies.
If no such emergencies are there then
you may apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly over the burn, up to three times per day. The jelly creates a waterproof layer that protects the skin as it heals. Good, pure (non scented) coconut oil too help a lot. Don't pop blisters, if any appear.
If minor, uncomplicated burning effect is there then you may use Neosporin (Triple Antibiotic Ointment, available at any medical store). It's an appropriate treatment option.
If severe, other potential treatments include bacitracin, Polysporin, or petroleum jelly. You should apply the ointment or cream and cover the wound with a non-stick dressing or pad such as Telfa (not a cotton ball).
Again cautioning and requesting: Always, consult a Doctor / Dermatologist, even for minor health issues, including such a skin problems. These days, nothing can be predicted and Dr is the the best solution provider. श्रीलक्ष्म्या सह अस्माकं ललाटे श्रीमन् नारायणस्य पादौ सर्वेभ्यः उत्तमस्वास्थ्यं मनोबलं च आशीर्वादयन्तु! बहवः धन्यवादाः। शुभं भूयात्। SriSriRamanujacharyadasan,
அடியேன் வாசுதேவன் இராஜகோபாலன் அய்யங்கார்

Yes, I too have it. The main reason is mixing more lime (சுண்ணாம்பு) than needed with turmeric (மஞ்சள்) & least or nil Kesar (குங்குமப்பூ) in Srichuranam preparation.
Solution: (Best consult a Dermatologist Dr). However, a few home remedies, based on my experience, may be tried (please do not blame me, if they do not work or suits any individual). If wound is not raw (only dark mark is there) then after cleaning forehead daily with cool water, a piece of lemon may be softly rubbed in one direction. Please note that lemon may increase burning sensation, if wound is raw. If so, Never venture, home remedies. Please consult a doctor. If blisters popup, wetness is felt, water is oozing or skin tear is seen, immediately consult a doctor to avoid infection & avoid any home remedies.
you may apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly over the burn, up to three times per day. The jelly creates a waterproof layer that protects the skin as it heals. Good, pure (non scented) coconut oil too help a lot. Don't pop blisters, if any appear.
If minor, uncomplicated burning effect is there then you may use Neosporin (Triple Antibiotic Ointment, available at any medical store). It's an appropriate treatment option.
If severe, other potential treatments include bacitracin, Polysporin, or petroleum jelly. You should apply the ointment or cream and cover the wound with a non-stick dressing or pad such as Telfa (not a cotton ball).
Again cautioning and requesting: Always, consult a Doctor / Dermatologist, even for minor health issues, including such a skin problems. These days, nothing can be predicted and Dr is the the best solution provider. श्रीलक्ष्म्या सह अस्माकं ललाटे श्रीमन् नारायणस्य पादौ सर्वेभ्यः उत्तमस्वास्थ्यं मनोबलं च आशीर्वादयन्तु! बहवः धन्यवादाः। शुभं भूयात्। SriSriRamanujacharyadasan,
I have experienced that best quality Srichuranam and Thiruman (as pellets or sticks) are available inside the Srirangam Ranganthar Perumal kovil. Try, but neverever teven think of not wearing Thirunamam on forehead. If we wear 12- namams then excellent. The Thiruman being a clay (an Alumino hydroxy silicate with (OH) in its structure) has the quality to adsorb sweat & unwanted trace elements and prevent them getting into the eyes while doing Bhagwat dhynam. Same effect the Vibhuti too gives. So, let us and our children have Thiruman with Srichuranam or Vibhuti with kumkum or Chandansm everyday. Wearing it should be part of Nityanushtanam. Lord Narayana blesses all.
NB: As a retired professional R&D Scientist/technologist from the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India and a M A. Sanskrit (distinction), for four years as a teacher & preacher of Sanskrit, Essence & Applications of divine Vedas, Vedangas, Darshanas (Aastika & Naastika), a few Dharmasastras in technology research, attitude development and real-time life (for brahmacharyavastha, yuva avastha, gruhastashram, vruddavasta, etc), I am explaining immense benefits of our time and space tested acharam, anushtanams & satvicharam (with modern scientific and technological examples along with Vedic period examples), as preached by our divine SriSriRamanujacharyaswamigal, great Adi Shankaracharyaswamigal, Sri Ramanamaharishiswamigal, et al., besides doing Sandhya vandanam properly, pitru Tarpanam, homams, and having essentially: Thirumanamam, Vibhuti, Chandanam, Kumkugam, Turmeric, Thirumangalyam, poonsl, etc. on forehead atleast & body by every male & female. Mostly my most sincere, dedicated and obedient students are invariably professionals and future professionals, and a few ladies (homemakers) from India and abroad in diverse age groups (teens to 70+). I opine and said in scriptures, also, that "Science is part of the Veda and the Veda is actual science". Sorry for my opinions, suggestions and explicit lengthy expressions in this divine group. क्षम्यताम्। Thanks. Regards. Jai Shri Ram. Adiyen Thiru-Mananjeri V.Rajagopalan Iyengar

Appreciate the reply sir. I am under the watch of a dermatologist and using prescribed creams. I've been purchasing Srivurnam in many place last 10 years due to this and never seen a difference. Looking to help from people who faced same problem and found a solution or place to get Srichurnam. Thought I'd prepare myself, but unable to decide if I can get the ratio right either.

Appreciate the reply sir. I am under the watch of a dermatologist and using prescribed creams. I've been purchasing Srivurnam in many place last 10 years due to this and never seen a difference. Looking to help from people who faced same problem and found a solution or place to get Srichurnam. Thought I'd prepare myself, but unable to decide if I can get the ratio right either.
Thanks and Ashirwadangal dear Shri.Kannanrajaram. Better you may buy Srichuranam and Thiruman (கட்டிகள்) from the inner prahara shops. I am using them only and they are really good. Lord Narayana bless you and your family. Deerghayushman bhava.

Latest ads

Back