• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TALE OF TWO SISTERS..[ 1 ]..kk4646 [TVK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No one has to even confess and make a declaration of love.
The feeling is mutual and its understood."....

Yes..It is true ..but it is applicable ONLY if the love is mutual.. There are many No. of people who were not successful in their love because of the other party not inclained... I have come across many people whose love became successful after expressing the same through some friends/relatives and breaking the barrier...

TVK

But if he/she has to break the barrier through some friends and relatives that means the Love feelings was not strong to start with.
There was no Fatal Attraction feelings and most of these types of love which is heavily one sided initially and later become 2 sided don't last too long.

Love is like this..either you feel it or you don't.Love cannot be cultivated.
It only grows when there is response.Without response it slowly fades.
Some claim undying one sided love but that's actually a one sided obsession.

Last edited:
Mr. TVK is right!
Renu is also right.
Mutual love NEEDS no verbal expression. :hug:
One sided love need not just expression
but elaboration and explanation too. :blabla:

You did perfectly well! :thumb:
You also made the readers move to the edges of their chairs
(just short of puling their hair) wishing to know
who is in love with whom and whose love will be
reciprocated by the Monalisa-type heroine of the story?

Ha..Ha..

How is the chapter-2..?? I follwed your guideline... I don't know whether I have done it correctly or not..

TVK

You did perfectly well! :thumb:
You also made the readers move to the edges of their chairs
(just short of puling their hair) wishing to know
who is in love with whom and whose love will be
reciprocated by the Monalisa-type heroine of the story?

""just short of puling their hair""....Ha..Ha.. That is the AIM..!!

TVK

So, as I guessed, "I" in the story fell in Love with Savithri!!!!

Based on part 2 of the story...

Mr.Iyer - father of the two sisters - Savithi and Raji, died. At this point of time in the story, it's 2 months past Mr.Iyer's demise.

Raji - the younger sister of Savithri got a job with the help of "I", having completed her Bsc from Ethiraj college. "I" got her the job in his friend's company.

"I"
- Got job for Raji in his friend's office. He fell in Love with Savithri. Struggling within him, how to express his love to her? Whether Savithri would accept his love? "I" is now settled and his father started looking girl for him. "I" has the confident to get his Father's approval to get married with Savithri BUT skeptical about Mother's approval/acceptance

RAM - Wants "I" to spare his time to listen to Ram's personal stuff. Confirms one evening to take this up.

Is that, Ram wants to discuss with "I" about his love feelings towards SAVITHRI and to find the way as how to proceed with it?? Is that the TWIST in the story that has lead to the feelings of HEIST of "I's" Love towards Savithri?

So Ravi is Vishwamitra(Universal Friend)!!

Ravi would prefer to be like "MAYA KANNA", getting the attractions of Gopis. :). And off course be a Universal Friend!!

BUT, He would certainly be inclined towards "RADHA"!!!! Mrs.Radha Ravi!!! How's that???? :)

Not to be like Vishwamitra who never wanted to be distracted by attractions...

:)

We need to find a Menaka for him!!

NO!!!!! Need to find Radha for him. Unlike Menaka who had to deceive Vishwamitra by her beauty as per the instructions of INDRA.

She was just acting upon Indra's instructions to prevent Vishwamitra from gaining all the powers through his tapsya and conquer heaven.

As such, Menaka was not in honest Love with Vishwamitra. She just did her duty, married Vishwamitra, delivered a girl and left back for heaven, leaving Vishwamitra alone and sad.

RAVI = NandaLala / Maya Kanna, who need honest love of Radha, acting upon her own will... :)

Mr. TVK is right!
Renu is also right.
Mutual love NEEDS no verbal expression. :hug:
One sided love need not just expression
but elaboration and explanation too.
:blabla:

Shmt. Visalakshi Ramani,

I fully agree with your statements above, that I have highlighted, making the texts Bold.

But, dear Renuka says this -

But if he/she has to break the barrier through some friends and relatives that means the Love feelings was not strong to start with.
There was no Fatal Attraction feelings and most of these types of love which is heavily one sided initially and later become 2 sided don't last too long.

Love is like this..either you feel it or you don't.Love cannot be cultivated.
It only grows when there is response.Without response it slowly fades.
Some claim undying one sided love but that's actually a one sided obsession.

Dear Renuka,

Yes!!! Without response from the other side for the expressions of Love from the other, "Love between the two" would never occur.

In the story, "I" has the same confusions and fear. And probably pondering about -

1) Does Savithri feels the same sense of Love, which she is just concealing within her, considering her standards/plight/sense of not expecting "I" to do more for her etc..etc.??

2) She really does not have any love feelings towards him?

3) Though she could not think of any Love to happen to get married, will she be in a position to understand "I's" Love? Can she realize his true feelings and can she accept "I,s" proposal with her heart felt acceptance, being a simple and practical girl with her sense of responsibilities and commitments, having good understanding of what life is ??

4) Will she get annoyed and cut off "I's" friendship for ever?

Dear Renuka,

"LOVE" necessarily need not to occur mutually at the same point of time as Fatal Attraction feelings. Some people can realize that "Yes, I think, I love him/her too", only after been prompted. And start truly loving the other in due course of time. And once could realize that he/she has really fallen in love, in response to the proposal, would truly mean it and would wish to live together for ever.

The spark of mutual love between the two at the same point of time as well can not necessarily lead to "TRUE CONSTANT LOVE" between the two, leading to marriage. It may also diminish sooner or later and they may get apart, realizing later that, it was only a crush...

There is no rule for the Love to happen.

Anything may happen!! Anything may change!! Anything may be surprise!! That's LOVE.

The end declares the result. And the result can be based on any probabilities, possibilities, sense of honesty & sense of true acceptance.

ONE SIDE LOVE does not always mean Obsession. One Side love can be out of true feelings of heart felt Love towards the other. It is just one's destiny/fate to have disappointments and pains. But, that certainly does not mean a mere obsession without any feelings of heart.

One may ruin one self due such One Sided Love. But that also does not necessarily mean that the person has failed to understand what is the true meaning of one's heart felt love. We may call such self ruining person as a Fool. But that certainly does not mean that he/she is sense less and does not understand his/her own Heart.

That is LOVE.

You are right, but for that to happen, the timeline has to be over several months. However in Tamil movies it must be done within 1.5 hours leaving the rest of the time to fighting. Hence the acceleration of the explicit declaration.

I have noticed in Tamil Movies that its always a situation where a person has to confess his/her feelings to the person they love.
I find that weird cos love is NOT like that.

When we love someone..the friendship changes to a different level gradually.

Body language changes and the feeling of love is implied.Like Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in second half of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Where they met after many years and realized that their feelings have gone to a different level.

No one has to even confess and make a declaration of love.
The feeling is mutual and its understood.

Tones of voice changes..glances become a loving gaze and the eyes say it all.

Next step is where there is less barrier in holding each other.

People who are starting to fall in love might not feel so conscious of walking close enough for shoulders to touch.

Next stage is a light hug and rest I leave it to your imagination cos each couple has their own limits of displaying affection.

So the part of any Tamil Movie where a person has no idea if someone loves him or not, I find really weird.
If all the above sign and symptoms have not happened love is not in the cards.

I guess the film makers of Tamil movies have not really been in love to know the finer details.

NO!!!!! Need to find Radha for him. Unlike Menaka who had to deceive Vishwamitra by her beauty as per the instructions of INDRA.

She was just acting upon Indra's instructions to prevent Vishwamitra from gaining all the powers through his tapsya and conquer heaven.

As such, Menaka was not in honest Love with Vishwamitra. She just did her duty, married Vishwamitra, delivered a girl and left back for heaven, leaving Vishwamitra alone and sad.

RAVI = NandaLala / Maya Kanna, who need honest love of Radha, acting upon her own will... :)

Dear Ravi,

Radha and Krishna were not Romantic Love but rather Divine Love.
Radha was a pure manifestation of the Prakirti aspect of Lord Krishna.

So my dear..you can't be having that sort of love in your marriage unless you want to be like Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Sharada Devi.
That's a total Divine Higher level of love where there is NO element of Physical Attraction.

To me you seem to be ready for Grishasta stage of life with pulsating hormones so you need Menaka,Rambha sorts to make you move in the direction of a householder.

So Ravi dear....lets hope Apsaras pay you a visit tonight!!LOL
BTW Vishwamitra showed the world that anything is possible to be overcome including physical attraction and he gave the world the Gayatri Mantra.
So he is indeed the Universal Friend(Vishwamitra).

So Ravi..you might never know what you will show the world one day.

So, as I guessed, "I" in the story fell in Love with Savithri!!!!

Based on part 2 of the story...

Mr.Iyer - father of the two sisters - Savithi and Raji, died. At this point of time in the story, it's 2 months past Mr.Iyer's demise.

Raji - the younger sister of Savithri got a job with the help of "I", having completed her Bsc from Ethiraj college. "I" got her the job in his friend's company.

"I"
- Got job for Raji in his friend's office. He fell in Love with Savithri. Struggling within him, how to express his love to her? Whether Savithri would accept his love? "I" is now settled and his father started looking girl for him. "I" has the confident to get his Father's approval to get married with Savithri BUT skeptical about Mother's approval/acceptance

RAM - Wants "I" to spare his time to listen to Ram's personal stuff. Confirms one evening to take this up.

Is that, Ram wants to discuss with "I" about his love feelings towards SAVITHRI and to find the way as how to proceed with it?? Is that the TWIST in the story that has lead to the feelings of HEIST of "I's" Love towards Savithri?

Good recap Sir,...But again the Raji's diary is missed...Sorry I am not forcing to express your opinion but I feel you are realy giving the story in a nut-shell..

TVK

Shmt. Visalakshi Ramani,

I fully agree with your statements above, that I have highlighted, making the texts Bold.

But, dear Renuka says this -

Dear Renuka,

Yes!!! Without response from the other side for the expressions of Love from the other, "Love between the two" would never occur.

In the story, "I" has the same confusions and fear. And probably pondering about -

1) Does Savithri feels the same sense of Love, which she is just concealing within her, considering her standards/plight/sense of not expecting "I" to do more for her etc..etc.??

2) She really does not have any love feelings towards him?

3) Though she could not think of any Love to happen to get married, will she be in a position to understand "I's" Love? Can she realize his true feelings and can she accept "I,s" proposal with her heart felt acceptance, being a simple and practical girl with her sense of responsibilities and commitments, having good understanding of what life is ??

4) Will she get annoyed and cut off "I's" friendship for ever?

Dear Renuka,

"LOVE" necessarily need not to occur mutually at the same point of time as Fatal Attraction feelings. Some people can realize that "Yes, I think, I love him/her too", only after been prompted. And start truly loving the other in due course of time. And once could realize that he/she has really fallen in love, in response to the proposal, would truly mean it and would wish to live together for ever.

The spark of mutual love between the two at the same point of time as well can not necessarily lead to "TRUE CONSTANT LOVE" between the two, leading to marriage. It may also diminish sooner or later and they may get apart, realizing later that, it was only a crush...

There is no rule for the Love to happen.

Anything may happen!! Anything may change!! Anything may be surprise!! That's LOVE.

The end declares the result. And the result can be based on any probabilities, possibilities, sense of honesty & sense of true acceptance.

ONE SIDE LOVE does not always mean Obsession. One Side love can be out of true feelings of heart felt Love towards the other. It is just one's destiny/fate to have disappointments and pains. But, that certainly does not mean a mere obsession without any feelings of heart.

One may ruin one self due such One Sided Love. But that also does not necessarily mean that the person has failed to understand what is the true meaning of one's heart felt love. We may call such self ruining person as a Fool. But that certainly does not mean that he/she is sense less and does not understand his/her own Heart.

That is LOVE.

Absolutely correct...

TVK

I always feel our ancients somehow were practical compared to us.
Devayani was in love with Kacha who was her father Sukracharya's student.
Kacha was not too inclined towards Devayani and finally when things didn't work out both Devayani and Kacha cursed each other.

Devayani moved on with life and married King Yayati.
She did not ruin her life by pining away for Kacha and she was not obsessed with love too.

Most people who have one sided love are to a certain extent obsessed and can't accept rejection.
One sided love is NOT love.
Cos love is always reciprocated.
The moment there is no response from the other person..feelings go on decline mode and we start singing on these lines:

Aalvaarpettai Aaludaa, Arivuraiye Keludaa Ore Kaathal Uril Illaiyadaa, Kaathal Poayin Saathalaa Innoar Kaathal Illaiyaa Thaavani Poanaal Salvaar Ullathadaa

Last edited:
"Thaavani Poanaal Salvaar Ullathadaa "

This what happening with the present generation...No value for the LOVE...Love Three...Select Two and Marry One...!!

TVK

"Thaavani Poanaal Salvaar Ullathadaa "

This what happening with the present generation...No value for the LOVE...Love Three...Select Two and Marry One...!!

TVK

Not really sir...

It's Love Three...Select Two,Marry One...and keep One in standby mode!!

TALE OF TWO SISTERS..[3]..kk4646 [TVK]

I have to tell Savithri.....
Will it be a surprise to her...? will she agree...?
'O'..."Krish".....I want to be with you...I want to be with you for EVER.....
Will you.."krish"..? I am waiting for you...Waiting for that day...to join our hands...
Please...please..."krish".....Do you hear me...?

.. "Raji's diary"....

7th, July,1973....Saturday.....6.30 PM.....Marina beach...

O.K.....Ram...shoot..what is the matter...?
I don't know how you will view this....but this is in mind for the past six months...and being my classmate & more close to me..I want your opinion...
O.K.....
What do think about Raji...?
Why....? she is a nice girl...beautiful....my friend told me she is realy a hard worker...
hmmmm.......I want to marry her...what do you say....?
What...? are you serious...? ....
yes...I ...I ..analysed all the pros and cons...I feel she will be the one.....and I will be very lucky if she becomes my wife......
But..Ram... when Savithri..the elder is there how it will be possible...?
No..no...I am not in a hurry... I want to tell my proposal to Raji....If she agrees...I will talk to my parents...and Savithri told me sometime back that her priority is Raji's marriage and she wants to join Andhra mahila Saba as a volunteer....once Raji's marriage is settled...
When Savithri told you this...?
mmm....about six months back...
thanks.[Sigh of relief..!!]....O.K.Ram when are going to discuss this with Raji..?
Why..? Any time..even to-day...
No. Ram ..you can not expect Raji to give reply immediately.. Even if if she has the willingness she will like to consult Savithri..and tomorrow being Sunday she may find it bit difficult to be with us for the usual dinner irrespective of her decission.. Savithri may also find it bit difficult.. Your company is having weekly holiday... on Monday... and Raji usualy return home by 6 P.M...Savithri too comes home by 8 P.M after evening work ..So please wait till Mondy and around 6.30 in the Even'g meet Raji... I think this will be better way to meet her ALONE and tell her your intention....
Hmmm..I think this a good idea...So I will meet her on Monday & keep you posted...In the mean time I want to make a small request to you..
yes.. tell me...
I do not want you to discuss about this either with Savithri or Sebastian till I meet Raji...
Yes.. that is correct.. I will not .. Don't worry...
O.K. let us meet tomorrow ..dinner time.. Bye..

If Savithri agrees for my proposal to marry her... things will be easier for Ram to marry Raji ..if she agrees...
I should have told Ram my intention...my desire to marry Savithri....but as he felt ....it is better if I too wait till I talk to Savithri...

------9.P.M.......

Knock..knock...who is at this time...?
'Oh'...Ram ...what is the matter...?
I have to hurry back home...see this telegram...
"Father Hospitalised..Come home immediately...Mother"
'O'....my God....Wait I will take you to Esplanade Bus stand in my Scooter...Let us see whether you get any bus...

At The Busstand....

Take this ticket Ram...Bus to Chidambaram starts in another 10 minutes.. Fortunate...I am able to get a ticket....pl. get into the Bus and phone me about your father's health....
Yes... I just want to remind you again if you don't mistake me.. Pl. don't discuss anything till I come back and talk to Raji...
Definitely... I will not talk to anyone...It is a promise...
Thanks "KRISH".....Thank you very much.....I board the bus now....

TVK
[To be continued]

Birth_of_Shakuntala.webp

BTW Vishwamitra showed the world that anything is possible to be overcome including physical attraction and he gave the world the Gayatri Mantra. So he is indeed the Universal Friend(Vishwamitra).
Sorry Madam: Viswamitra overcame physical attraction? Really? He gave the world Sakuntala, and hence, Bharatha who is the progenitor of Bharath – that is India! Have you seen the famous picture by Ravi Varma?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back