• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why for Sita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends,
The discussion has moved from Urmila = sita to ravana. Sincethe discussionis on Ramayana I would like to know the following.
1. Why is it shown that a intelligent monkey like Hanuman had forgotten the Moolika andhad to bring entire Mountain and replace the same overnight?
2.Vibishana, brother of Ravana was given asylum and made King only because he has changed stand at the nick of time (fore father of present day politicians). Why was he not treated as traitor and killed?
3. Why is it that on a hear say Rama had to leave sita in a forest ( to protect wife tilldeath is betrayed by Rama)

Dear Sir,
Hanuman I feel was under a lot of stress.He had immense devotion to Lord Rama and when he saw Lord Rama wail that"Oh Lakshmana I can get a wife like Sita anytime but can I get a brother like you?"
I guess Hanuman did not want to take chances and therefore brought the whole moutain.
He would have never wanted to see Rama in a distressed condition.
Under stress and panic we do forget sometimes also.

I always thought that about Vibheshana too.
But since it was all role play in Ramayana, I cant comment much.
But I guess its just showing that Sattva Guna(Vibheshana) should prevail and Raja Guna(Ravana) & Tamo Guna(Kumbhakarn) should be
eliminated.

But the irony is in the Mahabharat Karna showed immense gratitude to Duryodhana and fought on the side of the Kauravas.
That is why Karna remains my all time favorite.

On a human basis, what Lord Rama did was wrong.
But on a divine role play I feel may be Lord Rama was showing the world that a ruler should always put his subjects interest first before his own but I wonder should it be to the extreme.

renuka

Dear Renukaji. Just think how great is MANTHRA .. She was loyal to her master and found ways to help her boss to get kingdom. She was honest and sincere to her work. It was harmful to the hero of the story is another thing. But her characterI think should be appreciated. Justlike Urmila Manthara is alsoa unsung heroine of Ramayana.:eyebrows:

Dear KRSubramanian JI,

A servant should have just done her duty of service and not play the role of an advisor I feel.
She had stepped out of her Dharma of service I feel unless prior to that Kaikeyi and she had shared a close relationship where Kaikeyi had sought her advice before.
Which I doubt because Kaikeyi was the favorite consort of Dasharatha and she would have confided in him more than anybody else.

None of us really know what transpired in the mind of Manthara.
Whether she was sincere or she was jealous of the Raghu Vamsa.

Lord Rama had to liberate Ravana(Jaya) and Kumbhakarna(Vijaya) no matter what happened.
So there had to be a start somewhere.
We can safely say Manthara started the fire of liberation of Ravana & Kumbhakarna.
So she is also a hero as you put it.
I feel everybody in the Ramayana Epic had a heroic role to play whether it was a role of a hero or an antihero.
That is why I always believe that Bad is just Good turned inside out.

renuka

Dear Renukaji We can see that all great asuras were devotees of one or other godamd had darshan of such deity. What I could not understand is that even after God knows about the outcome(God is the person who is called TRIKALAJNANI=WHO KNOWS PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE)whyshould he give such a boon.
Even after repeatedly put into difficulty by the boon of Brahma (the creator) why theportfolio of blessings be givento him? Every boon given by him is not of thinking of present or future and it is for the other two dept heads the savior and destroyer to find some ways or means to find out loophole and overcome the boon. It is really pathetic, is it not.?

Dear KRSubramanianJI,

God is Triguna Rahitam(Beyond the 3 Gunas).He is beyond the pairs of opposites.
Good or Bad is how we view it.
Dualities in life is verily a human trait.

A mother will love her saint child or her sinner child the same isnt it?
She will prepare food for both when both are hungry.

An automated teller machine will dispenser cash to both a sinner and a holy person (Provided they meet the requirements of having sufficient bank balance).
The machine does not get involved in the way the sinner or the holy person spends the money.

Likewise God grants us what we want (provided we meet the requirements and have a good balance of Sanchita Karma).
He does not get involved in our actions.
He is the Silent witness in every wordly transaction.
He has given us the discriminative faculty(viveka) to know right from wrong and also whether to do right or wrong.

That is why it is said that God gives us what we want till the day we want what God gives.

Sri Kr Subramanian ji,

Your thoughts in this is really impressive and thought provocative...

I think Urmila was not given any weight age in Ramayana as the Hero of the epic was Sri Ramar and characters associated close to Sri Raman in his details life was enough to set examples to mankind.

In this detailed life of Sri Ramar, examples were set in terms of relationship/love between bothers, true love between spouse, true love of a Bakhtha, true love and respect between guru and his shishya as well the rights and duties of one self that need to be performed considering Dharmam.

If Urmila's plight in the palace was focused, than Sri Lakshmanan may be considered guilty of isolating his wife and make her suffer for the sake of his brother Sri Ramar. This is just my POV.

In fact Urmila did not put much resistance to her husband's going with Sri Ramar nor did she insisted her husband - Sri Lakshmanan, on allowing her to accompany him. This is what I have learnt in the story of Ramayana.

Thus I feel the plight of Urmila was not considered important to be highlighted

Ram and Sita were the central characters and story moves to places where they are. Thus Urmila does not get much mention.

But don't under rate her sacrifice too. She was none too happy to stay back. In fact it was she who insisted on staying back so Lakshman could serve Rama without distraction.

We are telling our newly married couples tobe like SITA & RAM. But what was their life. Sita did not have a happy married life? Why are then we asking our children to follow sita?
By viewing in large we can see all the four brothers (except satrugna) had a terribe life and none had a happy family life. The women who entered their life also had to live in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back