• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Paranormal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here is another personal experience of mine.

One of my friends, a pretty tight fisted family, bought a fancy house in abhiramapuram, one of the nice localities of 1960s madras, for a song. I don’t know if they enquired about the antecedents of the house.

However, within two years after buying it, their 23 year old son (there were 1 daughter, 4 sons and the youngest was my friend) was killed in an accident, his scooter hit by a lorry.

Two years later, another son, the eldest, with a 2 year old son, just born baby girl, died identically, motorcycle hit by a lorry.

Two years later, the son in law died of cancer.

By this time the folks had enough and sold the house.

A mutual friend, who lived in the locality, told me later, that the house was ‘cursed’. The previous two owners too had unending deaths in the family. Which is why nobody wanted to buy it, and my friend’s family, more worried about money, bought it.

I told my uncle who lived in the neighbourhood about this. per my uncle, the area where the house was located, (it was a big house with huge compound) was a burning ghat long time ago, and probably the ghosts still hovered around it. He suggested that muslims buy it, for in their faith, they could install a chakra in the front of the house, to ward off djinns.

Let me give a story told to me. A few decades ago, in Madras, a few college boys were discussing the 'ghost' story, majority believing it and one or two refusing to believe. They agreed to bet on it and the staunch boy not believing it would go to a cremation ground in midnight and roam there freely for a particular time. Agreed, the boys proceeded. All 'believers' agreed to watch this fellow from far afar. The other boy went right into the 'ghosts ground' and roamed about. The others were awe-struck and 'moon-struck' too by the feat. The volunteer while returning tried to overdo his act and climbed upon a tree with branches nearly barren. He went up the tree top and presently started climbing down. While doing so he slipped. (You always slip while coming down; not when going up). Just as he was falling a branch stuck into his shirt. In a sudden fright the heartbeat stopped. Great but poor fellow.
But these stories are good for selling. Film industry is struggling to get ideas to sustain itself, and it would not be a surprise if Hollywood approaches Ms Renuka Devi for material. Sometimes I see ghosts in my TV and should call the tech.

Dear Iyyarooram,

You wrote:
Film industry is struggling to get ideas to sustain itself, and it would not be a surprise if Hollywood approaches Ms Renuka Devi for material. Sometimes I see ghosts in my TV and should call the tech.​

Good Idea...I am also getting bored seeing patients may be should go into writing Ghost Stories.
In fact when I was in the Government Service I used to prefer post mortems than seeing life patients cos the dead don't "talk" and its more peaceful in the morgue.

on last 16 morning around 7:00am i had a strange black and white dream.

a haunted house was getting surrounded by lot of police men. they were on a haunt of a ghost. tv cameras and paranormal experts were busy setting right apertures for their cameras. i could hear a cop, telling, how to trap and keep safe the ghost, if its caught live?

finally a brave cop caught the ghost alive and brought it out of the house. the ghost was all draped in white dress, as white as snow. even the skull of that ghost was covered by a white cloth, and was a male ghost looking closer to a phantasm. it was wearing a spectacles. was wondering if ghosts do wear specs.

little apprehensive if its a ghost of phantasm.

i heard ghosts dont rest their feet on ground.. so rushed to verify it, alas, my dream abruptly ended, and i was awake.

had a glass of water, wondering what its interpretation would be..

to ease myself, i switched on the t.v. , and the flash news there was 'Anna Hazare Arrested"..

is it paranormal?

on last 16 morning around 7:00am i had a strange black and white dream.

a haunted house was getting surrounded by lot of police men. they were on a haunt of a ghost. tv cameras and paranormal experts were busy setting right apertures for their cameras. i could hear a cop, telling, how to trap and keep safe the ghost, if its caught live?

finally a brave cop caught the ghost alive and brought it out of the house. the ghost was all draped in white dress, as white as snow. even the skull of that ghost was covered by a white cloth, and was a male ghost looking closer to a phantasm. it was wearing a spectacles. was wondering if ghosts do wear specs.

little apprehensive if its a ghost of phantasm.

i heard ghosts dont rest their feet on ground.. so rushed to verify it, alas, my dream abruptly ended, and i was awake.

had a glass of water, wondering what its interpretation would be..

to ease myself, i switched on the t.v. , and the flash news there was 'Anna Hazare Arrested"..

is it paranormal?

Dear Shiv,

Your dream indicates that you have some "Skeletons in your Closet" LOL!!

http://www.dream-interpretation.us/ghosts-in-dreams.html

Last edited:
You know this Paranormal thread is doing kind of fine and I dont see anyone 'fighting' as much as in the God Exists thread.
I guess no one dare make the Devil angry.
One learned person told me that most religions believe in different Gods but the same Devil!!!

Dear Shiv,

Your dream indicates that you have some "Skeletons in your Closet" LOL!!

Ghosts in Dreams - Explanation of Visions
You know this Paranormal thread is doing kind of fine and I dont see anyone 'fighting' as much as in the God Exists thread.

oh! you took it real?, that was a sarcasm in line with another on going hot thread in this forum. btw, let me try to make the devil angry now.

doc, this was the dream experienced decades ago. could you please interpret it for me..

"I had a dream that day our nation had risen up and living out the true meaning of its creed: that day on the white hills of himalayas, the sons of farm owners and the sons of form workers sat down together at the table of brotherhood.on that day even the state of t.n, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, corruption, sweltering with the heat of oppression, was transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.in that dream my 2 little children are living in a nation where they were not be judged by their fair & lovely toned skin but by the content of their character.

what is your interpretation to this old dream?

Dear Shiv,

you wrote :
the sons of farm owners and the sons of form workers sat down together at the table of brotherhood

Hey sounds like a scene from the Last Supper..So beware!! Judas could be lurking somewhere!!!!

Dear Shiv,

you wrote :

Hey sounds like a scene from the Last Supper..So beware!! Judas could be lurking somewhere!!!!

that was not a dream, but slightly indianized version of King's 1963 speech, delivered in washinton DC. i was expecting a dream interpretation for that.

martin luther king was indeed a great soul.he was inspired by mahathma gandhi to free african people of origin and be given fair treatment.i see the noble intent of his dream now.no wonder gandhi is called maha athma,what a noble one who got us freedom to where we are now?now this is para-normal for me.

guru ragavendra used to come as 'arul vaaku' to a pundithar in triplicane.i believe swami raghavendra will be active for 500 years ,he is credited to have transformed mutton chops to sweet dishes during the mughal rule,stunning the islamic king to fall at his holy paduka.that is definitely para-normal to me.

One learned person told me that most religions believe in different Gods but the same Devil!!!

Wait, I don't understand this. All births (including those of Bin Laden and Hitler) have to do with God and all deaths (including those of Bin Laden and Hitler) have to do with the Devil? Note that there is no Devil with a capital D (ie no Indian word) in Hinduism. We are a God-loving people!

There may be no Devil with a capital D but we have our share of demons, bhoots, pisaas, vetaals, raakshas and asuras in Hinduism!

There may be no Devil with a capital D but we have our share of demons, bhoots, pisaas, vetaals, raakshas and asuras in Hinduism!

Rakshashas and asuras were simply non-Aryans, locals or tribals who were demonized. The rest are figments of one's imagination. I sincerely think that you believe it hard enough, you can make yourself see it. But if you see it, you should be able to catch it. Can you?

So what's the deal Renuka? Even after all your paranormal experiences are you not afraid to go to the morgue? Or are you on friendly terms with the Malay ghosts?

So what's the deal Renuka? Even after all your paranormal experiences are you not afraid to go to the morgue? Or are you on friendly terms with the Malay ghosts?

I am not scared at all cos as i said Morgue is very peaceful.No one opens their mouth.
Ghost are a misunderstood lot thats all.But some of them need some grooming so that they wont look so scary!!!

The rest are figments of one's imagination. I sincerely think that you believe it hard enough, you can make yourself see it. But if you see it, you should be able to catch it. Can you?

And I sincerely hope if at all you do see one its Casper the friendly ghost and not some pontianak. For your own sake!

Why would my departed loved ones and my other ancestors want to give me pain?

R
enuka, this might sound strange, but I have "experienced" my ancestor (grand mother to be precise) and sure enough this gave me a lot of sleepness nights (out of fear) and the associated pain (I 'm sure she meant me no harm). As Yamaka has pointed out, I was also under the impression that only the weak get affected by "ghostly" experiences and I have traveled many a ghostly mile without incident or fear. All this stopped 3 years ago, when my grandmother passed away. From the third day on, all male members of the family (my brother, my father, me and my son) experienced unexplained phenomena (bony hands hovering over self, soft whispering in the ears, loud sounds of things bouncing off walls, feelings of being tied down in bed etc). The more interesting aspect of this was the fact that these happenings used to peak around the thithi of her passing away (the sixth day after full-moon) every single month till varusabdhi (one-year ceremony). I would be very interested if someone can come up with an explanation of how and why these things happened, only to male members, around the thithi and only for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back