• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Paranormal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karma, ie actions or work done which brings positive outcomes for the larger good brings about birth which is full of love and peace.The medium may speak in trance, or his or her hand may produce writing automatically.This is a field in which parapsychologists have done extensive investigation.Seance or planchette used to be some sort of esoteric teaching in vedic hindu religion.Even now praying to a living saint brings about immense peace and harmony.Why it does so?

Naga
Just to add to what you had stated about Saints, performance of Yagnas (like the Puthra Kamosthi Yagna of yore) is known (not proven, because you can always argue that the timing of the actual occurrence of the event was mere coincidence) to bestow good upon the performer. Sorry, I deviated from the topic a little. Coming back to paranormal activity, there is a program on AXN, where investigators (with the latest instruments science has to offer) investigate phenomena. About 60% of the original reports (the ones that triggered the investigation) have been debunked, but in the other 40% of the cases, there have been unexplained energy spurts, strange noises from seemingly uninhabited places etc. The investigators try their utmost to debunk (by cancelling out random disturbances from the street, from their own selves, etc) and they accept the presence of something beyond this realm only if all other explanations fail. Again, the rationalists among us can say that this does not prove the existence of anything, we can also counter-argue that it does not disprove the existence of the other realm. To the contrary, I think this is the closest we can get to at least start suspecting the existence of a being not of this realm. The program is called "Ghost Hunters" and I have not seen it in a while, so do not know if it is still on.

kkbros,the greatest miracle of the divine is our very existance and the ability to have a range of emotions or even lack of it.our anatomy our bodily functions just amazes me.for me doctors are my heroes/heroines.in nadi josiam my past birth was recovered and one among the many lives i have had,i was an ayurvedic pundit once,saving the life of a saint.dunno how nadi is able to pinpoint with such uncanny accuracy,as the basic D1 chart tallied with the latest computer generated charts.simply amazing how one aspect of nadi josiam captivated me in the field of para-normal.

Well said. I 'm not a big devotee of God men (Shirdi Baba is an exception), however I have heard several instances where Sai Baba of Puttaparthi and the Paramacharya of Kanchi have intervened to cure people of seemingly the incurable. For the more scientifically minded, instances of people moving objects by mere mind power (telekinesis) have been documented. I do believe there is an aspect of paranormal to all these occurrences.

Well said. I 'm not a big devotee of God men (Shirdi Baba is an exception), however I have heard several instances where Sai Baba of Puttaparthi and the Paramacharya of Kanchi have intervened to cure people of seemingly the incurable. For the more scientifically minded, instances of people moving objects by mere mind power (telekinesis) have been documented. I do believe there is an aspect of paranormal to all these occurrences.

kanchi mahaswamigal is vey dear saint for me,that he is pitha maha of saints only next to shirdi sai baba.parthi sai baba is a enigma,so rare that he spoke of everything of every religion known to humanity.

poorva janma vasanas being depicted here with uncanny ability :)

Sri nidhi - Wonder Kid of Carnatic Music - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back