• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rate or Race of Divorcees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok BTW I was wondering what community a guy can be from who has a Bengali sounding name as in Biswa,translates Telegu well,admires a Pattar(Vidya Balan) and hangs around a TB forum??

Any idea???

The whole point is to scramble your notion of "community". A whole state cannot be a community. Is "Tamil" a community or is "Uttar Pradesh"?

I hope you realize now that racial profiling doesn't go very far. If Vidya Balan hears you call her a "Pattar" I am sure she will be rolling around laughing.

The whole point is to scramble your notion of "community". A whole state cannot be a community. Is "Tamil" a community or is "Uttar Pradesh"?

I hope you realize now that racial profiling doesn't go very far. If Vidya Balan hears you call her a "Pattar" I am sure she will be rolling around laughing.

Biswa..no matter what you write have you realized that you rarely or never answer any of the questions asked???

Vidya Balan can roll on the floor laughing or jump up and down shrieking. It won't a change the fact that if she has Kerala Iyer ancestry, she is a Pattar.

Whether she will use it to define herself as such is a different matter.

Its a misconception that females are more prone to be emotionally attached to the world.
Females are built emotionally stronger than males.

Yes. I agree. They are emotionally stronger, but emotional they are all the same.

We never see a female version of Devadas who turns to the bottle and makes a mess of their life like males who cant handle break ups too well.
Reel life is a stuff created by whims and fancies of more than one, but real life is constructed by circumstances. Maybe Devdas was too smart that he wanted to be always drunk and hence created the ‘Paaru” connection!

Female somehow pull through.A widowed female can bring up kids single handedly but a widower male find its hard to handle even live alone unless he gets remarried.

Here again the emotional things compel and convince the widows to carry on with the responsibilities. Somewhere here I have an inner feeling the new found ‘freedom’ helps them to do with aplomb.

Do you really think females are more emotionally attached?Females might cry more easily than males but when the time comes to be strong they can have tensile strength harder than a diamond.

I think yes. Even in worst type of woman the emotions pull her. At doing your professional course, you might have gradually become a diamond. Is it not a doctor’s quality not to be emotional in business?

How can we forget the story where Sage Yajnavalkya will be walking with his wife Maitreyi in the forest and the the forest floor along the path had gems on it.Sage Yajnavalkya was afraid that his wife being a woman might be fascinated by gems and was covering each gem with earth so that she wont see it and Maitreyi finally asked him "Dear Noble one why do you still difference between gems and earth?"

I think Maitreyi in heavens is still awaiting somebody to join her!

Men feel women are the emotional ones but I can safely say most of the while the reverse is true.
[FONT=&quot]I have not supposed that being emotional is bad quality.I think God has willed this way. The world is full of males and females and others. But what is holding the humanity together? Emotions. And the links are females. Man builds a house but only the woman makes it a home through emotional bondage. Talking of a widower, have you considered bachelor men? I think till last century the males would far outnumber the ladies. The more I type the more wrath I will earn from my ilks. Please excuse me.[/FONT]

life without wife is knife in a heart pierced

wife without a knife makes food in life horror

amma thayeah pasikiradhu:bump2:

Responses/Reactopns

I would like to thank all the opinions or responses on this thread. It looks like that the subject deserves a benign neglect or silent death which could not be wished otherwise. But I feel if people living in the West had given qualitative assessment in comparison to occurrences in this part of the world it would help people here or may influence them in a way. Judging from news, the treatment of the subject in Hollywood films, can we say all divorces are not resulting from extreme cruelty or incompatibility there or some funny or silly reasons,too. Given to freedom of thinking from the childhood, pursuing one's own career and the economic setup drafted by the government or private business there, good number of divorces could be the result of impracticability of continuing the marriage however best the couple would be attracted to each other. In many cases as appears to me, the marriage is dissolved but the friendship continues. I also think there has not been any Devdas-Paru, Laila-Majnu, Romeo-Juliet or Ambikapathi-Amaravathi type love stories there. There could be a rare or no case of this kind in India. Then why so many divorces here, leave alone the extreme cases.

Last edited:
Then why so many divorces here, leave alone the extreme cases.

Shri Iyyarooraan,

Let me repeat the same that I have mentioned in my post #19 and #47...

The bottom line of people justifying and seeking divorce is, the need for some sort of personal fulfillment.

Ego massaging is needed to the fullest, desires need to be accomplished to the fullest, personal fantasies need to be achieved to the fullest, personality match with the spouse need to be fullest with out a single deviation. Every thing from every angle should be full for an individual as a person to live this only and only one life to the fullest.

There are more than 650 divorce cases in family courts in TN itself every year and mostly due to ego clashes, suspeciousness and too many friendships to the maximum limits with opposite sex of the newly married couples. There are many peculiar cases where couples were once lovers for a year or more, got married and filed divorce within 3 months of marriage..And most of the divorces are between the couples working in IT firms and BPO's.

Dear Iyyarooran ji,

You wrote:
I also think there has not been any Devdas-Paru, Laila-Majnu, Romeo-Juliet or Ambikapathi-Amaravathi type love stories there.

You know none of these lovers got married so they were only at Romance stage and never faced trials and tribulations of marriage.If only they had got married they might had sang a different tune.

the problem is because today people search for business partners instead of life partners.
I appreciate that girls have done so well in education and many of the boys have stayed back.
Boys on the other hand have not gone off tradition like our girls
Brahmin and that too Iyer girls come first in intercaste marriages

Smt Renukaji

That is the beauty of love. It is good until you are fantasizing on it. If you adopt it in practical life, it sprouts the phrase "familiarity breeds contempt".

Last edited:
Shri Ravi Sir, Re # 112

Thanks. You repeated it for people who might have missed by chance. Blow the conch it will dawn when it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back