• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thought of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ VR mam
u r more than welcome to make fun of me. I don't mind at all.
ha ha.

Dear Mr. R.R,
Well, we get what we ask for!
I am sure you are as young as my sons!
A little 'leg-pulling' won't harm either of us.
with best wishes,
V.R. :)
No VR mam, I'm just 23. you can pull my leg as much as you can. I won't mind at all.
Infact I take digs at Praveen every other day. (Isn't it Praveen.)
Afctually mam, when I was in SRirangam I used to read only the headlines of Dinakran, Dinathanti and leave the massive text. May be I was lazy and may be the newspaper was full of report of murders,theft, dacoit, accident, molestation, rape cases. I don't know.But I do understand a bit of tamil. Its my love towards the language that I have learnt so much in last one year.

தமிழ் மொழி சரியாக தெரியாமல் நான் தண்ணி இல்லாத மீன் போல் துடித்து கொண்டுயிரிக்கிரேன் |
செந்தமிழ் எப்பொழுதும் வாழ்க |
(This with my amma's help)
One more thing whenever the word shuddha tamizh is uttered this film comes to my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9oZlb77vs

Last edited:

The sum of behavior is to retain a man's own dignity,
without intruding upon the liberty of others.
(Francis Bacon)

(Bonus)

Experience keeps a hard school.
But fools will learn in no other.

Keep a Little Distance
Daily Sutra from Sri Sri Ravishankar.

Keep a Little Distance.

"From time to time keep a little distance from whoever is very close to you, take a time off for your own space and go deep into your Self, dig deep. You are an ocean, there's so much wealth deep inside you, so much beauty! "

-Sri Sri Ravishankar

In this world, the misinformed are the
most anxious to enlighten the uninformed.

The well informed are like mountains with abundant riches. One should go to them to experience their riches.

dear Mr. Kahanam,

The pity is that the well informed persons are also wise persons. They don't like to

show-off their knowledge!

They will tell us everything if we approach them with humility and a wish to learn.

On the other hand the misinformed and unwise people want to get all the

attention they can manage to get. So they will go about proclaiming what little

they know-that too wrongly!

with warm regards,
V.R.

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as
meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.
(Albert Einstein)

(Bonus)

Ambition may be a vice, but she is often the mother of virtues.

Today's message to you from Sri Sri Ravishankar ji is about :

Ultimate Relationship

"This is the ultimate relationship: when you can relate to yourself one hundred percent. Then, any face you look at---there is love, there is charm, there is beauty. "

-Sri Sri Ravishankar

This is a thread started by a well respected and learned lady (RK) but today another equally respected lady holds great space in the forum (VR). Kudos to both of them. In fact, this thread is much refreshing than the other ones where we witness all kinds of encounters. Brahmins, as they were originally expected, were to act for the macro good but due to various reasons they now look to serve only the micro. A certain need for reforms in our thinking exists. Thoughts for the day(s) provokes many of us and support the right thinking.
Amma Visalakshi Ramani, Unakku Namaskaram.

dear Mr. Ramamurthy,

I have a fancy for great quotations and wise sayings. I used to collect them very religiously. I never thought I will be spreading them over a net work at some point in the future.

Would you believe that these and most of what is going to follow these were collected by me between the years 1966 to 1970!

We never know when and how we are going to use the things we love.

Is it wrong to participate in another person's thread? I think the good lady who has started the thread invited every one to post and participate.

Thank you for the feedback.
with warm regards and best wishes,
V.R.

The courage we desire and praise is not the courage to die decently, but manfully.
(Carlyle)

(bonus)

In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

"Everyman loves justice at another man's house. Nobody cares for it at his own".
(Sweetman)

(Bonus)

"The first thing a kindness deserves is acceptance, the second transmission."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back