• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

try think brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
namaste saarangam.

You said in post no.13:
"I fail to understand the use in discussing impractical, fanciful or utopian solutions to any problem.We must always think of practical solutions to any problem."

• The level of a solution being impractical, fanciful or utopian, varies with individuals and families. For example, when I say that brahmin girls should not vie with brahmin boys, seeking only engineering degrees and IT jobs, and that they should instead be trained right from their school days to prefer occupations such as teaching, arts, karnAtic and devotional music and so on, that have their own ways of flourshing even these days, this suggestion might seem downright utopian or fanciful to some; some might spurn it as impractical and crazy; but there could also be others to whom the suggestion might seem useful and practical. For example, I know of a pious, young, Tambram couple whose first daughter preferred a plush IT job, while the second listened to her parents suggestions and did a four year Humanities course in the IIT and is now teaching, among other subjects, Sanskrit.

• Expecting every Tambram father and son to do daily sandhyAvandanam is utopian these days, but suggesting that they at least get to know the efficacy of and chant the gAyatrI at least 108 AvRtties daily and increase the number gradually, should be downright practical.

To shrI kunjuppu who takes exception to what he terms as my 'lament':

Sir, my 'lament' is only about the decline of brahminical perceptions and values, which are neglected in daily life, specially by brahmin girls who are in posh jobs and rewarding higher education. I am not against girls being considered equal to boys in the areas of education and employment, so long as that does not lead to their neglecting our religion, culture, tradition and values. Girls must work in posh jobs where it is necessary for the family, but then, IMO, if girls stopped preferring the IT jobs, engineering education, and higher studies abroad, boys would then automatically have to marry girls who either do not work or in jobs that commensurate with their person and culture, and this could lead to a much peaceful situation in family life.

Sri Saidevo Ji,

Just want to clarify......

Do you mean to say that boys holding on traditional values and girls sticking to desired profession as per requirement or what ever and giving priority to family values, would change the basic mind set of Brahmin's consideration for fellow brahmins and relatives, to support genuinely struggling people? Would make them all united in the society helping each other?

I am asking this questions as per the thread topic that is emphasizing on the basic qualities of we brahmins...

• Expecting every Tambram father and son to do daily sandhyAvandanam is utopian these days, but suggesting that they at least get to know the efficacy of and chant the gAyatrI at least 108 AvRtties daily and increase the number gradually, should be downright practical.
Sri saidevo
The gist of my post No.13 is what you have said in the above quote.We know it is impractical to suggest that every tambram after upanayanam should perform sandhyAvandanam thrice daily at the specified time reciting 1008 gayathri.But there may be a handful of people who are highly orthodox and who would follow this practice.Still we consider this suggestion utopian.So any suggestion which is acceptable and practicable to majority of the members of the community can be advocated.Any suggestion which only a small minority will find practicable, need not be considered.

namaste shrI Ravi ji.

In a thread of this nature with sweeping references to familial as well as societal unity and assistance, it is natural that each post digresses a little from the OP, while replying to specific points in other earlier posts. But stressing the importance of imparting and incorporating brahmin traditional values at home could be important because I think that culture, like charity begins at home.

As for my take (which might lack maturity and sagacity) on the issues raised in OP:

01. Brahmins who lead their life according to shAstras as much possible, I think, are in control of their egos much better than others who don't. They prefer joint instead of nuclear families and earn their wealth in accordance with their dharma, with emphasis on paropakAram. Of course, in the present status of things in our community, what the OP says is largely the case.

02. I have seen that the same family members who in their early days were united as a joint family under their parents, because of the necessity of seeking dravyam across the seas became affluent, and then neglected helping their own brothers and sisters. It is even worse in the case of their children who do not even know about some elders of the erstwhile united family of their parents and grandparents.

03. As it has been pointed out, while some elder people may be conservative and dissatisfied, many others are just 'vAi illAp pUchchi', totally ignored in family matters, by their own children and their spouses. The indifference to our culture, I think, on either side, is one of the main reasons for this kind of attitude.

04. The inter-caste marraiges are probably higher in the brahmin community today and that by the brahmin girls, but I may be wrong here.

So, ultimately, to stand united as a community, we need to stand united and communicative as a family at the inner and outer circles of our relatives. A decade back, when a postcard and inland letter were the chief means of family communication between these circles, children used to write elaborate letters to their parents. grandparents and other relatives. Today, when email is the order of the day, such personal communication with the outer circles of family is almost nil.

Sri Saidevo Ji,

Just want to clarify......

Do you mean to say that boys holding on traditional values and girls sticking to desired profession as per requirement or what ever and giving priority to family values, would change the basic mind set of Brahmin's consideration for fellow brahmins and relatives, to support genuinely struggling people? Would make them all united in the society helping each other?

I am asking this questions as per the thread topic that is emphasizing on the basic qualities of we brahmins...

namaste saarangam.

You said in post no.13:
"I fail to understand the use in discussing impractical, fanciful or utopian solutions to any problem.We must always think of practical solutions to any problem."

• The level of a solution being impractical, fanciful or utopian, varies with individuals and families. For example, when I say that brahmin girls should not vie with brahmin boys, seeking only engineering degrees and IT jobs, and that they should instead be trained right from their school days to prefer occupations such as teaching, arts, karnAtic and devotional music and so on, that have their own ways of flourshing even these days, this suggestion might seem downright utopian or fanciful to some; some might spurn it as impractical and crazy; but there could also be others to whom the suggestion might seem useful and practical. For example, I know of a pious, young, Tambram couple whose first daughter preferred a plush IT job, while the second listened to her parents suggestions and did a four year Humanities course in the IIT and is now teaching, among other subjects, Sanskrit.

To shrI kunjuppu who takes exception to what he terms as my 'lament':

Sir, my 'lament' is only about the decline of brahminical perceptions and values, which are neglected in daily life, specially by brahmin girls who are in posh jobs and rewarding higher education. I am not against girls being considered equal to boys in the areas of education and employment, so long as that does not lead to their neglecting our religion, culture, tradition and values. Girls must work in posh jobs where it is necessary for the family, but then, IMO, if girls stopped preferring the IT jobs, engineering education, and higher studies abroad, boys would then automatically have to marry girls who either do not work or in jobs that commensurate with their person and culture, and this could lead to a much peaceful situation in family life.

thank you sai.

by the tone of your above posts, i feel, that you are giving the girls a different role in life, supposedly separate but equal, but in reality, a subservient one. ie the man has the dominant role, and in the most enlightened form, could be termed as a partnership of equals with the man being more equal. atleast that is way i see it.

lt us take today's realities. folks do not have the luxury of several children, to partition careers between them, which was done in the olden days, even in mine own.

today, the attitude is, that career is a self fulfilment object, and to be pursued, regardless of gender, atleast in our community, to achieve certain satisfaction and goals, whatever each one may define it.

re your story of a pious couple, i too have a story of a neice who did philosophy and in her early twenties cast away the modern values for the ultra traditional one of her in laws. to put it mildly, she has regretted this wanton and unnecessary restrictions of traditions, after a few years, and is unable to get out of that household . there is an inherent cruelty against women in our values which along with many other values we have shed in the past century, we should continue to discard.

under those terms, we cannot define that a woman is a guardian of values and should confine herself to only certain professions. it is grossly unfair and to me, exhibits a callousness and indifference, which womenfolk have been forced to live with since the dawn of time.

sai, i am afraid that i think, the salvation to our values will not and should not come through restricting womenfolk. because even if you think otherwise, i am quite sure, every woman in her thirties or less, would find your suggestions unacceptable. so would many parents, who have only one child daughter or only daughters or parents with a sense of fairness between the genders.

also sai, i think, by suggesting all these attitudes towards women, including categorically admonishing them alone for ic marriages, we are trying to turn back the clock. why is it that no one is talking about the ic marriages done by boys. if ic marriages is such a condemnable act, should not the boys, as nominal leaders of the community for the next generation, should be pulled up first and foremost? i have not yet read one email condemning our boys for ic marriages. only breast beatings at their inability to find wives.

finally sai, your comments, 'Girls must work in posh jobs where it is necessary for the family, but then, IMO, if girls stopped preferring the IT jobs, engineering education, and higher studies abroad, boys would then automatically have to marry girls who either do not work or in jobs that commensurate with their person and culture, and this could lead to a much peaceful situation in family life.' i find a basic contradiction to your general tone. who are we to judge where and necessity which should dictate a well paying career, as opposed, to one which would 'save our culture'.

let us start with the basic tenet that humans irrespective of gender, are equally endowed with intelligence and should be encouraged to fulfil their destiny. frankly speaking, i do not know, how many of us as parents, have any control over our own children's choices and whether what we chose, is indeed in their best interests. or is it in the best interests of the parents?

times have changed, and it is upto us, not to fight against the tide, but to manage the boat and steer it to the safe harbour, carefully and gently. it does not matter who the captain and who the first mate is - it is just that they work in harmony to steer the boat in the same direction.

thank you.

dear saidevo & dear kunjuppu,

this thread i have started for to show the reality whats happening in brahmin community. and the bad outputs because of non unity. here one concept all are having (ie) after earning money and settled in life for the sake of earing punya for their last stages people are following rituals and other Brahmin's duties. if truly speaking they are acting.

my point is to mutual respect and care between human being to human being with out ego, which is reducing in our Brahmin's community.

definitely you will be elder than me. i humbly request you and all friends to do

1. if you have any educational trust or good willing trust is there pl. refer to other poor Brahmin's families and so that they can get relief.

2. you may have many higher official contacts, please refer them for a job for poor Brahmin's boy or girl. so that family will be relived.

last one: no community will withstand in this world without fulfilling of basic needs of a humanbeing in that community.

1. food
2. shelter
3. clothes
4. education
5. money

pl. refer this addresses to other friends also so we can start doing something. then only we can speak about Brahmanism and vedas and bla blas...

dear kasi,

please visit the site Kerala Iyers Trust |

they do yeoman service. zero admin costs. all cases verified by third party. quick turnaround.

awesome..

ps..age has nothing to do with wisdom. i am 60 and probably older than you, but increasingly as i age, i am more than convinced that there are no fools like old fools. you are dealing with a budding o.f. now. :)

Last edited:
namaste shrI kunjuppu.

I thank you for your analysis in post no.29 of my views, based on the current situation. In the area of banking, when there is no law, convention becomes the law. Whereas in the practice of svadharma, IMO, justifiable exceptions are always bound to be there at all times, but they do not become the law, overthrowing shAstric tenets. The views I have expressed are not just mine, but largely echoes of the teachings of KAnchi ParamAchArya.

Different strokes for different folks, yes, but it would be wise if the strokes of the brush paint a holistic big picture, although the details might be varied.

dear kasi,

please visit the site Kerala Iyers Trust |

they do yeoman service. zero admin costs. all cases verified by third party. quick turnaround.

awesome..

ps..age has nothing to do with wisdom. i am 60 and probably older than you, but increasingly as i age, i am more than convinced that there are no fools like old fools. you are dealing with a budding o.f. now. :)

[FONT=&quot]Sri Kunjuppu ji,

Just an analysis, that I want to share with you and all here.

1) A struggling Brahmin boy applies for a descent job (as per his qualification) and the interviewing person is a Brahmin. This interviewing authority (brahmin), determines to not offering a job to this Brhamin boy, so as to avoid another brahmin in his office....

- Can Kerala Iyers Trust or any other trust do anything in this case?

2) A very poor brahmin family is struggling hard to survive along with providing basic education to children. The family find's some unpredictable/unexpected financial constraints, that has nothing to do with hindering children education in govt. schools, but finds difficulty in managing day to day household, some way.

3) A Brahmin priest / Vathiyaar earning meager remuneration in a temple and not finding any opportunity to earn extra income by performing vedic riturals in other homes, is left stranded and finds himself in agony, managing the family in a daily course of life.

- There are many predicament in families for which immediate moral support and spot financial assistance is required.
- There are many unexpected financial constraints that would not qualify any trust's considerations to support, upon verifications.
- There are many family and social issues that would not even be practical/sensible to seek assistance from any charitable trust.
- There are many family issues which can not be even revealed to the society and need to be confined within the circle of relatives.

We Brahmins in majority are lacking sensible emotional considerations towards our fellow brahmins and would not even refrain from degrading our people before other communities.

We all are advancing to better ourselves in tune of changing and demanding world and making fun of our own community people who are all struggling. We get into our pride of achievement (having gone our self through struggles) and could retain our satisfaction ONLY by looking down upon our own people who could not make their way towards progress. We know how tough it is for we brahmins to progress in India amidst hell lots of social challenges. But still we lack compassion, sympathy and unity among our own people.

As each community is focused towards supporting and uplifting their own, we try to do the same and get negative feedback from our own high level/fair minded/highly intelligent & talented sophisticated community people, claiming us to be indulging in racism and injustice to human kind, in a poignantly attacking manner.

We cant find any solutions to these family and social issues of our community unless each of us desire to change our attitude and be helping to each other as possible, in a justifiable manner and be united.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- In a specific locality, where multiple brahmin families are living -

* Can remain united with each other (alongside in common), be close to each other and feel free to discuss the issues of each family with each other and volunteer to help each other, as required, in any way possible.

* Should not gossip in condemnation behind each other and criticize the family that is having some issue. Should consider all are the same (“veetukku veedu vaasapadi”) and should help each other, considering all as close family relatives.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

No, we need not to assume that, we would than be lacking love and unity towards any society on this Earth. We just need to make sure that whether we could have and retain our mind set to support our struggling/suffering people, realizing the challenges that our community is facing ironically, dose not matter how high are we dwelling.

[/FONT]

Im from malaysia....yes what you all said is true.....here also the same was happening....all must think before they do anything....thankz for the meaningful information...

thankz n regards,
paranjoothi.

dear cravi,

thankyou so much. i have not projected in words whats in my heart when starting this thread. thank you for your contribution and continue.

dear cravi,

thankyou so much. i have not projected in words whats in my heart when starting this thread. thank you for your contribution and continue.

Sri Kasi Ji,

Thank you...But please don't thank me...I am one of your family members and can sense your post well, having lived in the same society. I expressed the reality, my concern and some solution for the sake of our society and future generation as a 34 years young man...I am not enough capable to give perfect solution and guarantee that our dreams can come true, with respect to unity and compassion among our society people.

I have seen young boys suffering and crying in isolation having the feel of left alone in our society. Aspirants with capabilities have lost their dreams and could not achieve what they exactly deserve...Among those unfortunates myself and my siblings are also included....

I could come to Dubai and could do something constructively to my parents and siblings for the last 3 years, on my own efforts. But still, few of our community people who never bothered says, whats the use when this fellow (me) could not go to US, that only can make good sense and proves one's caliber..

kunjuppu ji.
whenever the word marans is mentioned you say that marans r 50 percent brahmins, kalanithi maran married a kanadiga brahmin so his daughter is 75 percent brahmins.
its a bit surprising since as per my knowledge u r a not a brahmin.
and its mostly the brahmins who say this percentage, blood dilution, discrimination(at least some brahmins not true for all)
the brahmins are accused of speaking in this kind of language.
sir i have one advice if u want to preach then preach properly. i don't like this. it sucks bigtime.
i have proof to show.

sir i have nothing personal against you, but this kind of debate has no place in modern day 21st century progressive, secular and democratic society,
sorry i have nothing against you being not a brahmin,
just making a point.

although u don't reply to me since u consider me inferior intellectually compared to you i guess, but this time i sincerity hope to elicit some kind of feedback at least to protect ur reputation.

either u convince me or get convinced.

anbu,

i will reply, with neither being convinced or convince you. i try try avoid such exercises.

btw, thanks to the government of india decision, that any professed hindu, whose ancestrage is brahmin, i think, my identity per official documents in india, would classify me as a brahmin.

if you read many of my emails, i am what you call a pattar, from the erstwhile north malabar ie calicut and its surroundings, even though our immediate linaeage and customs could be termed 'palghat'.

best wishes and take care...

Dear members,

The high egos, disunity and ingratitude which are very commonly seen among brahmins is, IMO, one reason for the present state of selfish outlook among us. Having said that, let me hasten to add that the unity found among some communities (including some small-sized brahmin communities) which were traditionally businees/trade-oriented, is based mainly on the principle of safeguarding business honour, and a quid pro quo is always there or expected. Since we brahmins were traditionally living on gifts (dAnam) or fees (dakshiNa), we did not have any such need to preserve the group's honour.

In this context it is interesting and instructive to learn about a system known as "kuri" (not the usual chit fund system) practised in some northern Kerala areas among various communities (not brahmins, of course). Whenever someone is in need of some big money (for his status and capacity, that is), he arranges a "kuri". Publicity is given to the maximum possible extent and a certain date and timings are also announced. On that day many people, known and unknown, to the person in distress will come to the small pandal erected for the purpose, give whatever they are able to spare or deemed necessary by custom (pl. read on) and each contribution is listed in detail and the record kept by the person. When any of these contributors get into difficulty subsequently, and announce a kuri, this person will contribute not less than what he got from the other; children also take it as their duty to help those who helped their father after the father's demise, but this is not universal. Thus a community sense of cooperation, (cutting across caste/religion etc., also, I understand) exists there for a long time.

Will such a sentiment work among brahmins anywhere?, please ponder over!

ravi,

sorry, you have too many font sizes, colours etc for me to try to parse your post and answer in boxes.

here is my take. if you want a parsed reply, please keep your posts simple.

re Kerala Iyers Trust, it can help people in need. so your poor family and student can apply to them. they are not a job placement agency.

re jobs, please remember the one that hires, is dependent on the applicant for his own success. many of today's jobs requires skillsets and compatibility with the boss. one cannot simply hire because of caste for jobs that needs skillsets.

it may not be fair to judge, as to why this guy did not get the job. also reversely, just because a brahmin interviews you, does not mean automatically that the job should be offered to you.

all your other observations may be valid. most of them are personal in nature and when you term 'community' i am not sure, what you expect 'community' to do.

for example: looks like you are 34 and still single and would like a wife. is it the community's responsibility or yours? if you want A girl, i am quite sure you can find one. the more specific your requirements, the more intense the search. it is like anything else in the world. please understand nobody owes anybody anything.

if people do not respect you because you went to mid east and not to the usa, just ignore them. you dont want to be associated with such type of nastiness and small mindedness anyway. why complain about them as if you need their approval or admiration. those simply are not worth it. those are garbage and should be treated such.

it is easy to blame the 'well off' for the misfortunes of some. but we might remember, that many of the 'well offs' themselves, are only one generation removed from poverty. most are self made and they too have obligations - children to educate, marry and parents to take care. just because they look prosperous, does not mean, they do not have obligations.

also, the term 'well off' is a relative term and i think most of us, while comfortable, are not in the realm of millionaires.

i do not accept the concept to blame others for one's misfortunes, which appear to me the general tone of your note, and which appears to get a lot of sympathy.

i too have sympathy which i channel to the best of my ability. but i will not assume blame, and nor do i expect anyone else to take blame. every community has its unfortunates, and on a one on one basis, where we can help we must. for this i find KIT a very good avenue.

hope this explains.

thank you.

In this context it is interesting and instructive to learn about a system known as "kuri" (not the usual chit fund system) practised in some northern Kerala areas among various communities (not brahmins, of course). Whenever someone is in need of some big money (for his status and capacity, that is), he arranges a "kuri". Publicity is given to the maximum possible extent and a certain date and timings are also announced. On that day many people, known and unknown, to the person in distress will come to the small pandal erected for the purpose, give whatever they are able to spare or deemed necessary by custom (pl. read on) and each contribution is listed in detail and the record kept by the person. When any of these contributors get into difficulty subsequently, and announce a kuri, this person will contribute not less than what he got from the other; children also take it as their duty to help those who helped their father after the father's demise, but this is not universal. Thus a community sense of cooperation, (cutting across caste/religion etc., also, I understand) exists there for a long time.

Will such a sentiment work among brahmins anywhere?, please ponder over!

kuri is a great system. it is based on trust however.

incidentally, my early days in madras was in royapettah, and in the neighbourhood i lived, there used to be a kuri. it was a mixed tamil neighbourhood, and mom was the only brahmin among the ladies who participated.

it was only for about 20 ruppees a month, and usually went for 12 months and there were 12 participants. so to answer you sangom, yes it used to be prevalent atleast in the madras of the mid 50s. don't know the situation now.

the people were lower class mostly, and the one in most needed, cashed in early but continued to pay till the end.

ps.. sangom the way i understood kuri, was that it was an informal form of chit fund. thanks..

Last edited:
@ sangom sir.

Its sad that you also behave like everyone sir. I thought that u were diff. but i was mistaken. ok sir. tk cr. What can I do.

@ kunjuppu ji

Sangom ji used to reply to me. but now he also like Mr. Nara ji. Mouna vratam.

@ kunjuppu ji
this doesn't mean that i have taken the charge frm you back sir.
I'm surprised since u reside in canada and I rate it above India in terms of society.
And you have such views. There are so many sikhs, tamils, SL tamils and so much.
I find it strange.

@ kunjuppu ji--
one thing i make clear sir, I have many non brahmin frnds so I have nothing against them. But you say u have a NB caste but ur ancestors were brahmins.
I respect it sir. But u don't indulge in this percentage debate. You are earning bad name for the brahmins. If a NB searches the web and reads your comments what will he think-- brahmins are racists, they discriminate. i hope u understand.
I convinced a 3 NB guys in yahoo answers to join tbs.com so that how it goes.

@ kunjuppu ji

Sangom ji used to reply to me. but now he also like Mr. Nara ji. Mouna vratam.

RR, I did not know you were expecting a reply from me, please jiggle my memory a little bit, tell me to what post of yours I need to respond, and I will.

Thank you boss, take care ...

dear cravi,

i also the one who was affected by relatives and other peoples of our community. i am in nanganallur "the bramanical society" " the temple city" bull shit. one incident in my life ,i am a normal middle class " when i was studying college my father fell ill and admitted in hospital( the hindu mission-run by sankara mutt , for continuing treatment i had to pay some amount and in that time rs.500 was shortage and in hospital admin they didnt accept, i they said they will not accept and settle full amount in 2 hours time. have lot of Brahmin relatives and neibours. oru oru theruva oru oru veeda yellarkitayum keten ( as a kadan give it back in 2 days) relatives,neibours all. all said they dont have money. seeing my situation nearby a housemaid working in neibours house she gave her salary what she got in that time and helped me she is not a Brahmin.
that kind of human care is not there in our community what she had, it was happened 10 years back now i staying in same nanganallur quite settled now. today also i am seeing that lady. she is the best than any other. this kind of tendency is not there in our community that all i worried.

dear friends this is not a story for getting your sympathy or bla blas. this is from my heart telling. like me many of them are there affected. atleast it should not continue to next generation.

[FONT=&quot]Shri Kunjuppu ji,

Please find my answers in Blue...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

ravi,

sorry, you have too many font sizes, colours etc for me to try to parse your post and answer in boxes.

here is my take. if you want a parsed reply, please keep your posts simple.

[FONT=&quot]Off course I have used multiple colors to highlight specific points and many of us do that…I really could not understand how its making you difficult to parse my post and answer in boxes?..Generally I stick to my favorite Blue color. But my font size are all same only...I could not find any variation in font sizes in my post, and am astonishing as how its appearing in different sizes for you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

re Kerala Iyers Trust, it can help people in need. so your poor family and student can apply to them. they are not a job placement agency.

[FONT=&quot]You have absolutely mistaken me....I can understand what a trust can do...I have highlighted the cases where Kerala Iyers trust or any other trust cant do anything...Its very clear that we all know about the practicality of assistance rendered by charitable trusts...I have highlighted these cases only to point out the lack of moral support and financial support between relatives who are capable, to emphasize the need of unity and compassion among our people, for which the charitable trusts can not be banked upon. I have neither considered the trusts as job placement agency nor matrimonial agencies. I think any educated person can clearly understand what a trust is.

[/FONT]

re jobs, please remember the one that hires, is dependent on the applicant for his own success. many of today's jobs requires skillsets and compatibility with the boss. one cannot simply hire because of caste for jobs that needs skillsets.

it may not be fair to judge, as to why this guy did not get the job. also reversely, just because a brahmin interviews you, does not mean automatically that the job should be offered to you.

[FONT=&quot]I am not so naive Sir.....I know what’s the recruiting process..I myself have involved in recruiting staffs on behalf of my company...And sir, I have not indicated in my post that a person should be offered a job just because he is a brahmin...I have highlighted the mind set of few brahmins who just don't want another brahmin in his office though he is capable. And I have not just made it up.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

all your other observations may be valid. most of them are personal in nature and when you term 'community' i am not sure, what you expect 'community' to do.

All I am highlighting is the unity, moral support and if required and possible, monetary support just to help survive the struggling family by the neighbors and relatives in some way. Not to look down upon struggling families by brahmin neighbors and relatives and isolate them absolutely out of circle, Knowing the social challenges of our community and the inability of some unfortunates to mange their way towards success and stability.

I am not telling all this for my personal benefit. I have my descent survival and my parents could also have and are happy. We have all ways helped people and I am still helping our community people, the way possible to me. All that I have highlighted is purely for the cause of our society where we find our neighbors suffering. Many of us tend to be neglecting them and never mind to discuss their issues and give moral support and guidance.

For example, If, I am closely mingling with my poor and genuinely struggling brahmin neighbor, he would feel free to share with me his worries and I can be of moral support to him, and if possible would volunteer myself to render some sort of help physically or morally or monetarily.

As a real example to quote, I have rendered a business opportunity to one of our forum member, more than what required to my parents. It was not in a foolish manner off course. It was by considering, distributing with the neighbors for the occasion and with the intentions of providing satisfied sales value for that service provider. I was capable to do and I did as possible.

[FONT=&quot]We, in a community as a group, can sponsor one month grocery, the other can offer vegetables for a month, the other can offer one month milk etc..etc to a family, found to be in unexpected financial constraints and living in tyranny. Along with, can keep encouraging the growing kinds of that family and advising them to aim high and achieve the maximum. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

for example: looks like you are 34 and still single and would like a wife. is it the community's responsibility or yours? if you want A girl, i am quite sure you can find one. the more specific your requirements, the more intense the search. it is like anything else in the world. please understand nobody owes anybody anything.

if people do not respect you because you went to mid east and not to the usa, just ignore them. you dont want to be associated with such type of nastiness and small mindedness anyway. why complain about them as if you need their approval or admiration. those simply are not worth it. those are garbage and should be treated such.

[FONT=&quot]I am not worried about being single...There are hell lots of ANNAS & AKKAS with higher profile, breaking their head for marriage...Its the plight of the society and about every single person to decide what’s the best way out suitable for him/her..And I have not mentioned any thing personal about me and about my marriage..I just told that as just 34 years young guy I am not able to give perfect and practical solution for our community to stay united and supporting some way possible without degrading the strugglers and isolating them. We all know as how challenging is the matrimony in our community, if one want to stick to his/her cast. We can neither hold our society responsible for our decisions nor we expect them to consider our request. We certainly have to make our own choice. This is what is the basic human survival in this world.

All I am advocating is to have love, compassion and supporting attitude some way among our people with trust and respect towards each other. This we are extremely lacking. Only the poor families of our society could realize this and are opting to go outside the community to be able to accommodate themselves. The others are able to make practical and sensible validations and justifications to claim themselves prudent and sensible to go their way towards betterment, without expecting society’s moral support.

I am voicing on behalf of those poor families of our society and attempting to express my suggestions (as indicated in my previous post in Green). If we are worried about the mentality of our people and concerned about the dwindling population of Brahmins, we need to change our mind set and attitude to stay united and supportive. This can be vouched only by those brahmins who wants our community to flourish with love and compassion among each other. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

If we want to erase the existence of brahmin society all together, then there is nothing to feel and ponder about..

[/FONT]
it is easy to blame the 'well off' for the misfortunes of some. but we might remember, that many of the 'well offs' themselves, are only one generation removed from poverty. most are self made and they too have obligations - children to educate, marry and parents to take care. just because they look prosperous, does not mean, they do not have obligations.

also, the term 'well off' is a relative term and i think most of us, while comfortable, are not in the realm of millionaires.

i do not accept the concept to blame others for one's misfortunes, which appear to me the general tone of your note, and which appears to get a lot of sympathy.

[FONT=&quot]I can bet, any grown up adult can know that, "Well Off" families are mostly many in our society who are self made and have their own family obligations..And that we can not blindly blame them. I have highlighted the support of only those who can really extend their support to relatives and or their neighbors. As a topic of discussions and arguments we can point out the lapse in crystal clear expressions of our views..But can take on face value of matured members expressing their views in line with the subject matter. If not financially, at least we can be morally supporting each other and refrain from making sarcastic remarks on the poor and struggling families.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

There is no intention of creating sympathy waves by me. I have expressed my views on behalf of many families of our society who all been emotionally and physically isolated from the circle and are considered failures and garbage. Its the mentality of our society that makes us hate our own people and be unmindful of standing by each other and refrain from degrading and humiliating.

[/FONT]
i too have sympathy which i channel to the best of my ability. but i will not assume blame, and nor do i expect anyone else to take blame. every community has its unfortunates, and on a one on one basis, where we can help we must. for this i find KIT a very good avenue.

[FONT=&quot]Hats off to you Sir, for your kind intentions to help the needy on a one on one basis. This is what I am emphasizing. This one person can be your family member, your relative or your neighbor.

[/FONT]

hope this explains.

thank you.

In each communal area where brahmins are in multiples, should have an association to share their resources among each other in any form and be supporting and encouraging. Just rendering a guidance, a moral support, an encouragement, a sense of togetherness etc..would help our society a lot to grow and sustain.

Thank you Sir, for enlightening me with your valuable inputs.

Last edited:
dear all,

i request ladies, girls who are viewing this thread pl. quote your suggestions and quotations. you too have responsibility. without your contribution concept will not be fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back