• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

try think brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Sangom, I have already given answers to this apparent dichotomy -- love on the one hand and selfish dayati fights on the other. I am giving you links to three posts where I addressed all these questions.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/5386-america-today-12.html#post64091

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/5386-america-today-13.html#post64200

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/5386-america-today-14.html#post64314

Since I have already answered your objections there is nothing new due from my side. Please tell me what is lacking in my answers. Simply repeating Dayatis fight won't do, as I have already given explanations for it that not only fit very well with RD's Selfish Gene hypothesis, but strengthen it.

May be I am mistaken, but I get a feeling you are determined to have this doubt.

Cheers!

Dear Shri Nara,

I agree that you have given whatever explanation is possible. But it is also true that these do not completely convince me. So, I will leave it like that. Thank you for your patience with me.

Sri Sangom ji,

I had the same doubt as yours. But, I considered the citing - "a brother's love for the sister enables her to find a suitable mate in life" is a mere example of the genes motive of survival and passing on.

Though you have requested Sri Nara with your example, to clarify your doubts on RD's theory of gene survival, I would like to discuss with you, if not mistaken by you and Sri Nara, as how the same theory can be considered ambiguous, considering the sense of hatred or selfishness of a person (openly or through hidden agenda) towards his/her own siblings, other relatives and outsiders, IMHO.

1) Though the parents are fair minded and make attempts to instill love between the siblings, we can find absolute different motive, hypocritical tendencies and selfishness between the siblings, that gets developed at least at a particular point of time.

2) In many families we find Dayaadi fighting more intense and nasty than with other distant relatives or even outsiders

3) A brother's love for the sister can not necessarily enable her to find a suitable mate in life...This, IMHO is highly speculative/irrelevant. A love towards sisters/brothers can only assure love in return in some way and still can not assure consistency.

There are many instances that can expose the uncertainty and confusions in the motives of the genes for survival and passing on.

The love towards family members or to any one in common, can be considered as the genes motive of survival only in the terms of requirements, to be considerate towards others and be considered by others in return, so that the gene can have easy access to fulfill its desires. The genes have a differential predominant motive to find its way towards accomplishment, in general, in any sort of relationships.

Considerations towards own family member, relatives, outsiders and the tendencies to receive in return some way, is the only focus of the genes to keep surviving and passing on. These considerations and gains in return can be due to (with a) predominant motive of the genes as what to give and receive and the ways and means to accomplish.

This is how we can find multiple personalities in each individual. These multiple personalities are the predominant motives (that distinguishes with the acquired qualities of the genes of the parents) of the genes, that helps an individual to apply unique strategy of accomplishments through one self and others, in a different relationships.

With my limited understanding, I could only derive a conclusion to myself that, genes have their own inborn predominant motives & qualities other than the mixtures (through passing on), in order to attain accomplishments of some sort, through some ways & means.

Dear Shri Ravi,

I do not have a copy of the book "The Selfish Gene" but from the many web pages I read in googlebooks and other book reviews, I get the impression that ultimately RD says that the genes use the living forms as robots to perpetuate themselves (survival). In one review I found the example saying, it is like the egg viewing the hen as a mechanism for making more eggs!

But this, to my mind, gives he impression that RD is in the ultimate sense founding a "lesser god" which is itself a parasite of the living beings and bound to perish along with the body, but one which tries to perpetuate itself by a base trick of what viruses do commonly.

I am only wondering whether RD is yet another Arundhati Roy, a creation of the media.

dear friends,

note : i am not a opposite to brahmin community or brahmins. i am also a brahmin pl. read this
this is to my heart talking to you, this is not for fun.

in todays world who is the enemy for the brahmins? think

1. Christians,muslims, nathigars - if you think means " big no"

the worst enemy for brahmins is the brahmin itself.

after reading this many brahmins will starting fighting with me, if they did so they acting. their heart knows very well.

check your self in these categories u can find.

1. relationship between relations ( brothers,sisters,cousins) all filled with egos
comparing between themselves and spliting in to nuclear families.( u can check with other communities also) more from brahmin community only.

2. one who has more money will be given importance in brahmin society and other will be separated by his blood relations itself.

3. elder people who should teach unity is teaching ego's and comparisons in his childs heart , till their marriage. after his duties are over then he will start talking about unity between relations and brahmna thathuvams. if you ask he will say he finished his duties he is collecting punya for his last stages.

4. marriage alliance biggest tragedy, already some friend had spoken in this forum about this.

conclusion: the laws which are used in business is used in between relations.

after reading this if you scold me, i am worried because you are innocent. not knowing the fact.

Kasi Ajar hain
Hasi amar hai...

yes kasiji... you are 100 percent right.

Sri Kasi could be correct; I think he moves only with brahmins. such things are there in other communities; why even among casts in other States. even in US where I normaly live, I heard among americans. let us admit money speaks; it is unfortunate but it is fact. Item 3 - well, I dont agree at all. normally elders dont act as such

dear shri sudeshwer,

Sri Kasi could be correct; I think he moves only with brahmins. such things are there in other communities; why even among casts in other States. even in US where I normaly live, I heard among americans. let us admit money speaks; it is unfortunate but it is fact. Item 3 - well, I dont agree at all. normally elders dont act as such

this site is name "tamil brahmins" my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back