• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

வண்ண வண்ண மனிதர்கள்!

அம்மாக்கோண்டு!

இப்படிக் குறிப்பிடுபவர்கள் நிஜமாகவே உண்டோ என்று நான் எப்போதும் வியப்பது உண்டு! ஆனால், சமீபத்தில் இரு

அம்மாக்
கோண்டுக்களைக் கண்டேன்!

ஜாதகம், ஜோசியம் எதற்கும் குறைவில்லாது, தேடி அலைந்து செய்த கல்யாணங்கள்தான் இவை. முதலாவதில் பெண்

உயரம் குறைவு. நிச்சயதார்த்தம் முடிந்த பின், ஆறுமாதம் அவளுடன் சுற்றும்போது, அவளின் உயரக் குறைவு அவன்

கண்களில் படவே இல்லை. கல்யாணம் முடிந்த பின், அவனுடைய ஐந்தடி உயர அம்மாவிடம் யாரோ ஒருவர், 'பெண்

கொஞ்சம் கம்மி உயரமோ?' என்று கேட்டு வைத்தார். அன்றிலிருந்து தொடங்கியது வம்பு. பார்க்கும் சுற்றம்,

நட்பிடமெல்லாம் இதையே கேள்வியாகக் கேட்க ஆரம்பித்தார் அந்த அம்மா. பிள்ளை வெளியூர் சென்றுவிட, மிகவும்

வசதியாகப் போனது. மருமகளைக் கரிசனையுடன் அனுப்புவதுபோல அப்பா - அம்மாவிடம் அனுப்பிவிட்டு, மகனிடம் தன்

உபதேசங்களை ஆரம்பித்தாள் அந்த அம்மா. பிள்ளை அம்மாக்கோண்டுதானே; அவள் இஷடப்படியே ஆடினான்.

இன்று.......... விவாகரத்து முடிந்துவிட்டது!

இரண்டாவதில், பெண் மெத்தப் படித்தவள். எல்லோரிடமும் சகஜமாகப் பேசும் சுபாவம் பிடித்தது என்று சொன்னாள்,

மாப்பிள்ளையின் அன்னை, முதலில். பிடித்த அந்த சுபாவமே வினையாகிப் போனது! 'எதற்கு அவளிடம் பேசினாய்?

அவனிடம் பேசினாய்?', என்ற கேள்விக் கணைகள் வந்ததுடன் நில்லாது, மகனிடமும் அவன் மனைவியைப் பற்றித்

தவறாகச் சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தாள், அவள். ஒரே மகன். அதனால், மனைவியை நேசித்தால் தன்னை விட்டுச்

சென்றுவிடுவானோ என்று பயப்பட்டாளோ என்னமோ! இந்த அம்மாக்கோண்டு மனைவியைத் துன்புறுத்த ஆரம்பித்தது.

இன்று..... இரு குடும்பங்களுக்கும் பேச்சு வார்த்தையே இல்லை. கணவனும், மனைவியும் வேறு வேறு ஊர்களில் பணி

செய்து சம்பாதிக்கின்றனர். இந்தத் திருமணம் எங்குபோய் முடியுமோ, தெரியாது!

இரு குடும்பங்கள் இணைந்து சந்தோஷமாக வாழும் வழியை இந்தக் காலத் திருமணங்கள் தராதது பெரிய குறையே!

சுயநலம் கொஞ்சம் இருக்க வேண்டியதுதான். அதற்காக, வாழவேண்டிய பிள்ளைகளைப் பிரிப்பதில் என்ன சந்தோஷம்

கிடைக்கும்? அதேபோல, அம்மாவை மதிக்க வேண்டியது மகனின் கடமைதான். ஆனால், மனைவியை வெறுக்கச்

சொன்னால், அதைக் கூடக் கேட்கும் அளவுக்கு அறிவு இழந்து போக வேண்டுமா?

Marriage is a gamble - என்று என்னவரின் Advocate அண்ணா சொல்லுவது உண்மைதான்! :ohwell:

dear raji,

re ammokondu, we call them ammaiyotti in our family.

my sister had a cardinal rule: for her two daughters, she will never marry them to 'single boy' only family.

i have seen mothers into almost incestuous relationship with their son. one mother dances bharatanatyam with her teenage son, and some of the songs they chose to dance... well you can fill inthe blanks there. embarassing to say the least, though many tambrams who witness it are either naively unaware of too polite to comment for fear of smearing a 'sacred' art.

one mother, still feeds her teenager ie mixeds the food for him, at public functions. another one, goes and spends 3 weeks in a month with her son in the usa, her fear being, that he is going to get hooked to a white girl.

one such son escaped from such shackles. when he was in university nearby toronto, the mother rented an apartment so that she could stay and cook and care for the son. in order to be far away from his parents, the boy took a job, on graduation, in vancouver, on the other end of the continent.

guess what? the father took voluntary retirement, and the parents moved to vancouver only to find the son in a small one room apartment. so they rented an apartment nearby.

meanwhile, the son had fallen in love and engaged to marry a nair girl. the parents had no choice, but to put up a brave front, and celebrate the wedding. now, they live in the same city, but apart from the son/dil. waiting for the grand child :)

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feed back. Ram and I are blessed with a single son but he is NOT ammaak kondu.

But, I agree that many mothers dominate their single sons to a great extent. You may be surprised to know that the boy who

divorced his wife has a sister and she too supported the divorce!

ஏழ்மையிலும் நற்பண்பு!

நாங்கள் அமெரிக்கா சென்றிருந்தபோது, வீட்டை 'கவனித்துக்கொள்ள' என்னவரின் தம்பி முன்வந்தார். ஒரு நாள்

இங்கு வந்தபோது, தள்ளு வண்டியை எடுத்து வந்த ஒரு பழைய பேப்பர் வியாபாரி, பேப்பர் கேட்டுள்ளான். சில

மாதங்கள் முன்பு சிங்காரச் சென்னையில் குடியேறிய தம்பியின் மகன் ஒரு பெரிய சோபா செட்டை சென்னையின்

புற நகர்ப் பகுதியில் வசிக்கும் பெரியப்பாவுக்கு அளிக்குமாறு கேட்டிருக்க, இந்தத் தள்ளு வண்டியாளனின் உதவி

நாடப்பட்டது! பல ஆயிரம் மதிப்புள்ள அந்தத் தேக்கு மர சோபா வண்டியில் ஏறி, ஐநூறு ரூபாய் கூலியும் பேசி

அனுப்பப்பட்டது. மாலை ஐந்து மணி வரை அவன் சென்று சேராததால், தம்பியின் மனைவி பதட்டப்பட

ஆரம்பித்தாள். செல் போன் நம்பரைக்கூடக் கேட்காமல், நம்பியது தவறோ என்றும் சஞ்சலம் கொண்டாள். ஆனால்,

ஆறு மணி அளவில், சோபா போய்ச் சேர்ந்த செய்தி வந்தது! ஏழ்மையிலும் நற்பண்பு கொண்ட அவனை

சந்தேகப்பட்டதில், அவளும் வருந்தினாள்.

ஏழ்மையிலும் நேர்மை காத்த அவனைப் போல எத்தனையோ நல்லவர்கள் உள்ளார். நாளை நாங்கள் சந்தித்த

வேறு வித மனிதனைக் காண்போம்!

:angel: . X . :evil:

re post #305

dear raji,

dont we all, without exception, when something goes missing in the house, dont we think of the servant maid at once?

i am guilty of it. :)

human nature :(

re post #305 .......... i am guilty of it. :)
Me too Sir! Kept a silk saree in the side pouch of a bag which had actually two pouches on one side, checked only one and

thought the electrician who came to replace a bulb must have 'pinched' it! About four years later (till then we did not use that

travel bag which was heavy) when I packed stuff for the recent trip, I found the saree. Felt very bad! I have written about this

incident in 'eNNa alaigaL' page 99 - post # 990. I am also a human being, after all!! :)

Regards...........

நம்பினால் கெடுவோமோ?

சிரித்த முகம்; பணிவான தோற்றம்; பளிச்சென்ற உடை; இதுதான் அவன். அழைப்பு மணியை

மெல்லியதாக அடித்து, கதவைத் திறந்த என்னவரிடம், 'சார்! என்னைத் தெரியுதுங்களா?' என்று

கேட்டபடி, சிரித்தான். 'பாத்த மாதிரி இருக்கே!' என்று யோசித்தவரிடம், ஆபீசில் மரவேலை செய்த

மரத்தச்சன் தான் என்று அறிமுகம் செய்து கொண்டான். பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன், ஒரு தச்சன்

எங்கள் வீட்டின் அலமாரிகளுக்குக் கதவு செய்து கொடுத்தான். அவன்தான் என்று நினைத்தேன்.

கொஞ்சம் எடை கூடியதால், அடையாளம் தெரியவில்லையோ என எண்ணினேன். காபி உபசாரம்

வேறு அவனுக்கு! செய்ய வேண்டிய வேலைகளை மிக மெதுவாகக் குறித்துக் கொண்டான். ஒரு

நீண்ட 'டேப்'பை எடுத்து, அளவுகளும் எடுத்தான். படம் வரைந்து காண்பித்தான். செல்போனில்

ஏதோ விலைகளைக் கேட்டான். (அந்த நம்பரைக்கூட நாங்கள் வாங்கவில்லை!) கொஞ்ச நேரம்

கணக்குப் போடுவதுபோல பாவனை செய்துவிட்டு ஆயிரங்களில் செலவு சொன்னான். சில

ஆயிரங்களுக்குப் பொருள் வாங்கிவிட்டு, வேலை முடித்த பின், தன் கூலியை வாங்கிக்

கொள்வதாகவும் சொன்னான். ஒரு நிமிடம்கூட யோசிக்காமல் என்னவர் பணத்தைக்

கொடுத்துவிட்டார். கேள்வி கேட்ட என்னிடம், 'யாரையும் நம்ப மாட்டாயா?', என்று எதிர்க்

கேள்வி கேட்டார்! பின் என்ன? பணத்துடன் slow motion இல் நடந்து சென்ற அந்த ஆள், அம்பேல்!

ஏமாறுபவர் இருக்கும்வரை, ஏமாற்றுபவரும் இருப்பார் அல்லவா?

'நம்பினார் கெடுவதில்லை', என்பது இறை நம்பிக்கைக்கு மட்டுமே!

:pray2:

இசையில் கொள்ளும் சிறந்த ஆர்வம்!

கர்னாடக இசை பல திசைகளிலும் முழங்கும் தென்னிந்தியாவில் இந்த வடிவ இசையில் ஆர்வம் வருவது சகஜம். ஆனால்,

கலாச்சார வேறுபாடுகள் பல கொண்ட அமெரிக்க நாட்டில், இந்த வகை இசையில் பரிமளிப்பது மிகப் பெரிய விஷயம்!

தற்போது ஒளிபரப்பாகும் தொலைகாட்சி நிகழ்ச்சியில், ஒரு போட்டியைக் காட்டுகின்றார். அழகாக நம்ம உடை உடுத்தி,

அமைதியாக அமர்ந்து, கருத்தோடு உன்னிப்பாக கவனித்து அந்தக் குழந்தைகள் விடை அளிப்பது, மனதுக்கு மிகவும் இதம்

தரும். ஏற்கனவே தயார் செய்து அழைத்து வந்தாலும், அப்போதைக்கப்போது கேட்கும் கேள்விகளுக்கு, அவர்கள் பதில்

கூறும் அழகே அழகு! கொஞ்சம் அமெரிக்க 'மானரிசம்' தொற்றிக் கொள்ள, நல்ல தமிழில் பலர் பதில் கூறினர். ஆண்டுகள்

செல்லச் செல்ல, இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி இன்னும் மெருகேறும் என்பதில் எள்ளளவும் ஐயமில்லை!

கடல் கடந்து சென்றும், நம்ம கலைகளில் ஆர்வம் கொண்டு, பரிமளிக்கும் இந்தச் செல்லங்களை வாழ்த்துவோம்!

:clap2: . . . :thumb:

இதுதான் இந்தியாவில் வாழும் இந்திய மனைவி!

பொதுவாக ஆண் வேலை, பெண் வேலை என்று வகைப் படுத்துவது இந்திய நாகரிகம்! வீட்டு வேலைகள் அனைத்தும்

செய்வது பெண்களின் கடமை. வெளி வேலைகள் செய்வது ஆண்களின் கடமை. இந்தக் காலத்தில், வெளி வேலைக்குப்

பெண்கள் சென்றாலும்கூட, வீட்டு வேலைகள் அனைத்தும் அவர்கள் தலையில்தான், பல இல்லங்களில். நல்ல

வேளையாகப் பணிப்பெண்கள் உதவிக்குக் கிடைப்பதால், பெண்மணிகள் பிழைக்கின்றார்!

ஓய்வு பெற்ற கணவர்கள் பாடு இன்னும் கொண்டாட்டமே! காலையில் பேப்பரில் முகத்தை மூடிக்கொண்டு அமர்ந்தால்,

மற்ற வேலைகள் தன்னால் நடக்கும் - அன்பு மனைவியால். கையில் காபி கிடைக்கும், டிபன் தயார் ஆகும்.... இன்ன பிற!

மாதம் இருமுறை வங்கிக்கும், ஒரு முறை பால் கார்டு வாங்கவும், இரு மாதங்களுக்கு ஒருமுறை மின்சாரக் கட்டணம்

செலுத்தவும் சென்றால் போதுமே. மற்ற நாட்கள் FREE!!

என்னைப் பற்றியே சொல்கிறேனே... இரு வாரங்களுக்கு முன் வலது கையில் அடி! எலும்பு முறிவு இல்லை எனினும், வேறு

சில கோளாறுகள்! ஆறு வாரங்களில் பழைய நிலை திரும்பும் என்று மருத்துவர் கூற்று! பழக்கமே இல்லாத இடது கையால்

எல்லா வேலைகளும் நடக்கின்றன. கணினியின் 'எலி'யைப் பிடிப்பதும் இடதுகையே! எப்படியோ, எல்லா வேலைகளும்

நடக்கின்றன slow motion இல்...

செல்லப் பெயர்கள் இடுவது எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடிக்கும். இப்போது என் செல்லப் பெயர்: SONTI SLOWCHANAA! :thumb:

குறிப்பு: 'SONTI' என்பது இடது கையால் வேலை செய்பவர்களைக் குறிக்கும்.

Last edited:
Something I found in Google transliteration! There is no way to type 'so' . Wanted to write 'sonti' in Tamil but however I tried

I could get only ஸோன்டி and not the short 'so'... சொன்டி will not give the correct accent I need. So, dazed!
:twitch:

dear raji,

i hope i am not hijacking your thread as it per se. this is a story about வண்ண வண்ண மனிதர்கள் ! indeed!

in my relative circle, living in delhi, there incurred a death of an aunt just a year ago. this is an upper class family, but ofcourse the lady in question had her childhood in malabar prior to wedding. the children were brought up with the poshest education and not familiar with rituals etc.

but when it came death, the sense of loyalty to the tradition and parents kicked in. sure enough when mom died, the proverbial vaathiar came in ....

now it so happens, as i understand, there is a vathiar union in delhi. ie if you live in such n such locality, you get to choose within these vathiars, and you are unable to 'import' a vathiar across the lines, let alone from the south or elsewhere. beeeg news to me.

during the thirteen days of the rituals, plus the cremation, whenever the question of payment was brought up, (you have to believe this raji), the vathiar, rolled his eyes, put his pointer fingers to the lips, and said'ஷ்ஷ்ஷ் இப்போ அதை பத்தி பேசப்படாது' - which effectively intimidated the kartha and rest of the household :)

the kartha, with the presence of the said vathiar, diligently performed the maaseeham. now is the time for the aabdhigam.

here comes the crunch.

the vaathiar, now claims the kartha did not perform any of the maasihams. and wants to do all the 12 months ceremony rolled in to one big d00-daa.

plust ofcourse a grand aabdhigam, with a never ending list.

any attempt to intervene, re asking for the cost or insistance that the maasiham has already been performed, is met with this, 'ஷ்ஷ்ஷ் இப்போ அதை பத்தி பேசப்படாது'

the kartha is unable to switch or find another vathiar, as this man is a senior and fairly influential among the vathiar 'mafia' of delhi - the fear is that if they alienate this guy, they are going to be left without any vathiar for the abthigam. also circumstance wise, they are not able to go to the south to conduct the ceremonies.

so, they are now captive of a (what they suspect an alzheimer ridden) vathiar, whose crankiness they are unable to accept. let alone the ever increasing cost.

btw, they paid an exhorbitant money for the1st 13 days after death.... i will not share the abusive amount here...

so raji, i hope you forgive me, for giving the public the benefit of another episode, of வண்ண வண்ண மனிதர்கள்!!

:)

personally, i think, these people are rich enough they can pay whatever the vathiar wants. i think the real issue, is that the kartha does not look forward to repeating the tiresome maasigam rituals again :) and that too 12 times :)

Dear Sir,

SingArach Chennai has not yet started the 'groups' for vAdhyArs yet. But they DO charge exorbitant money!

One of my relatives wanted Shanthi homams for his 60th birthday and his family vAdhyAr demanded 60 K net expenses. Poor

guy had to go in search of another and fixed for 20 K. Luckily he did not get any abuse from his family vAdhyAr. (they fear the

brahmaNa sAbam!!) And you know Sir, for our sweet little grand daughter's Ayush hOmam, our family vAdhyAr's fee is 8 K...

My be he thought - after all $ 160 ONLY!!!

Regards...........

தவிக்கும் சில இந்தியக் கணவர்கள்!

பெண்களின் உயர்வை மட்டுமே எழுதினால் போதுமா? ஆண்களின் உயர்வையும் எழுத வேண்டுமே! இதோ... சில

அருமையான கணவர்களைப் பற்றிய குறிப்பு.

ஒருவருக்கு நல்ல அன்யோன்னியமான வாழ்க்கை, அறுபது வயது வரை. அழகும், சமர்த்தும் நிறைந்த மனைவி. தன்னைப்

போல யாரும் இல்லை என்று இறுமாந்திருந்த சமயம், ஒரு பேரிடி! மனைவி 'பார்கின்சன்ஸ்' நோயால் தாக்கப்பட்டார். அன்பு

மனைவியைப் பாதுகாப்பது அவரின் கடமை அல்லவா? சிறிது சிறிதாக அவள் உடல் நிலை சீர் கெட்ட பிறகு, ஏறக்குறைய

ஐந்து ஆண்டுகள் வீட்டில் முழு நேர வேலைக்கு ஆட்களை நியமித்து, கண் போல அவளைக் கவனித்துக்கொண்டார். சிரித்த

முகத்துடன் அவர் செய்த சேவைகளைப் பெற அந்த மனைவி புண்ணியம் செய்திருக்க வேண்டும்!

இன்னொருவர், மனைவியை அடிமை போலவே நடத்தியவர்! அந்தக் கொடுங்கோல் தாங்காமல்தான் அவளுக்கு இதே நோய்

தாக்கியதோ, என்னவோ? இன்று நடமாடக்கூட முடியாத நிலையில் அவள்! ஆசையுடன் கவனித்துக் கொள்கிறார் என்று

சான்றிதழ் தர முடியாது! ஆனால், இரு பணிப்பெண்களை நியமித்து நன்றாக கவனித்துக்கொள்கின்றார். இந்த மனைவியும்

புண்ணியவதிதான். சிரித்த முகத்துடன் உடல் உபாதைகளைப் பொறுத்துக்கொண்டு, வாழ்க்கையை நடத்துகிறார்.

மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரமே! அவள் தன் / கணவனின் கடைசிக் காலம் வரை கணவனுக்கு

உழைக்கும் சக்தியைப் பெற்றால், கணவன் கொடுத்துவைத்தவன்! கணவன் அமைவதும் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம்தான்.

அவன் நல்லவனாக இல்லாவிட்டால், நடமாட முடியாத மனைவி எப்படி வாழ்வாள்?

:ballchain:

வைக்கோல் மனிதர்கள்!

மஹாபாரதக் கதைகளில் எல்லோருக்கும் தெரிந்த ஒன்றுதான் இந்தக் கதை. துரியோதனனுக்கும், தருமனுக்கும்

ஆச்சார்யார் துரோணர் ஒரு போட்டி வைத்தார்.
ஒவ்வொருவரிடமும் ரு தங்கக் காசைக் கொடுத்து, ஏதேனும்

பொருள் வாங்கி, அவர்களுக்குத் தந்துள்ள பெரிய அறையை நிரப்புமாறு கேட்டுக்கொண்டார். துரியோதனன், தன்

பணத்தில் நிறைய வைக்கோலை வாங்கி, அந்த அறையை நிறைத்துவிட்டானாம்! தருமனோ, ஒரு அழகிய

விளக்கை வாங்கி, அதில் எண்ணையும் திரியும் இட்டு, அந்த தீப ஒளியால் அறை முழுதும் வெளிச்சம் பரவச்

செய்தானாம்.

மனிதர்களில் இந்த இரு வகைகளும் உண்டு. மணிக் கணக்கிலே பேசி, அறுவை செய்து, ஒரு விஷய ஞானமும் இல்லாது,

நேரத்தை வீணடிப்பார்கள் சிலர். அதே போல, பல பக்கங்களை எழுதித் தள்ளினாலும், ஒரு நல்ல விஷயமும் சொல்லத்

தெரியாது, கதை பண்ணுவார்கள் சிலர். இவர்களைத்தான் 'வைக்கோல் மனிதர்கள்' என்று குறிப்பிட்டேன்! ஞான ஒளியே

தராது பேசுவதும், எழுதுவதும், பிறர் நேரத்தை வீணடிப்பதும் இவர்களது தலையாய நோக்கம்.

இந்த வகை மனிதர்களிடமிருந்து ஒதுங்கி இருக்கப் பழகுவோம்! :bolt:

dear raji,

i was at two minds whether to reply to post #315. in fact i did delete an earlier reply, and this only indicates my quandry.

however, i think, i will be doing some public wrong if i dont put in my two words here. so please bear with me.

re the example of drona and the தங்க காசுகள் , are we not discounting the value of the வைக்கோல்? does not have வைக்கோல் its own uses ie feed the cow which gives milk and also provides fuel to keep for cooking & keeping poor folks warm; also வைக்கோல்l is also used to keep floors warm for poor people and in all our houses, provided a bed for raw mangoes to ripen.

ofcourse, the use of the lamp is well known, but i do not know whether we can completely write off வைக்கோல் as useless, when compared even with the lamp, and write off certain folks as வைக்கோல் மனிதர்கள் and mean them to be aboslutely useless.

there is an element of substance and good in every man, and should we not be selective and take the good, instead of casting off someone completely and embracing other one wholly. for if you embrace the lamp to your body, wont you get burned?

to an extent everyone and everything has goodness, and beyond a limit, can be harmful. no?

i think two other points need to be told here - one is that of karnan, who saw good duryodhana, which the pandava biased mahabharatham (& also my grandma and story tellers of those times did not) saw only wickedness and evil. second, drona himself was so prejudiced that he insisted on eklavya cutting off his thumb in order to give up archery - a value of caste that in today's world, most of us would can excuse or condone.

to me drona, inspite of being a great teacher, is tainted. and his jugement in favour of dharman, would not stand an appeal in today's courts of justice. which just proves to me, that not all of our scriptures are without faults reinforcing that they are a literature of those times and values, not all of which are relevant today.

i hope you dont me lady, for this note registering my disagreement with your conclusions. pardon me for any incursions into your sensitivities.

thank you.

Dear Sir,

A very nice reply from you. I too expected some sort of reaction from you, Sir! Thanks for your post.

Of course, every small thing has its own use in this world. சிறு துரும்பும் பல் குத்த
உதவும்.

Regards.....

Something I found in Google transliteration! There is no way to type 'so' . Wanted to write 'sonti' in Tamil but however I tried

I could get only ஸோன்டி and not the short 'so'... சொன்டி will not give the correct accent I need. So, dazed!
:twitch:

திருமதி ராஜி ராம்

நீங்கள் கூறுவது புரியவில்லை. அதுதான் 'சொன்டி' என்று சரியாக
தட்டச்சு செய்துள்ளீர்களே? பிறகு எப்படி 'ஸோன்டி' என்று மட்டும் தான் தட்டச்சு செய்ய முடிகிறது என்று சொல்கிறீர்கள்?

ச சா சி சி சு சூ செ சே சை (சொ) சோ

திருமதி ராஜி ராம்

நீங்கள் கூறுவது புரியவில்லை. அதுதான் 'சொன்டி' என்று சரியாக
தட்டச்சு செய்துள்ளீர்களே? பிறகு எப்படி 'ஸோன்டி' என்று மட்டும் தான் தட்டச்சு செய்ய முடிகிறது என்று சொல்கிறீர்கள்?

ச சா சி சி சு சூ செ சே சை (சொ) சோ
நான் வேண்டும் சொல் SONTI.... CHONTI அல்ல சண்முகம் சார்! இப்போது புரிகிறதா?

வேறு ஒரு முறையில் எழுத இயலும் என்று திரு Prof . M S K Sir எனக்கு எழுதியிருக்கிறார்.
(ஸொன்டி)

ஆனால் Google இல் 'ஸோ' வின் குறிலைக் காணவே காணோம்!
:ohwell:

I too want to register my views here.

The scriptures register all kinds of human behaviours - neither promoting them nor demoting them but just registering them!

Dronacharya who NEVER taught anything to Ekalivya DEMANDS as his guru dakshinai- something no sane person will part with!!!

He was not never a guru in the first place. It just proves how deep a man CAN fall due to his prejudice and bias.

So we are supposed to learn both what we SHOULD DO and what we SHOULD NOT DO from these epics and episodes.

Sorry if I had interrupted your dialogue :)

QUOTE=kunjuppu;113167]dear raji,

i was at two minds whether to reply to post #315. in fact i did delete an earlier reply, and this only indicates my quandry.

however, i think, i will be doing some public wrong if i dont put in my two words here. so please bear with me.

re the example of drona and the தங்க காசுகள் , are we not discounting the value of the வைக்கோல்? does not have வைக்கோல் its own uses ie feed the cow which gives milk and also provides fuel to keep for cooking & keeping poor folks warm; also வைக்கோல்l is also used to keep floors warm for poor people and in all our houses, provided a bed for raw mangoes to ripen.

ofcourse, the use of the lamp is well known, but i do not know whether we can completely write off வைக்கோல் as useless, when compared even with the lamp, and write off certain folks as வைக்கோல் மனிதர்கள் and mean them to be aboslutely useless.

there is an element of substance and good in every man, and should we not be selective and take the good, instead of casting off someone completely and embracing other one wholly. for if you embrace the lamp to your body, wont you get burned?

to an extent everyone and everything has goodness, and beyond a limit, can be harmful. no?

i think two other points need to be told here - one is that of karnan, who saw good duryodhana, which the pandava biased mahabharatham (& also my grandma and story tellers of those times did not) saw only wickedness and evil. second, drona himself was so prejudiced that he insisted on eklavya cutting off his thumb in order to give up archery - a value of caste that in today's world, most of us would can excuse or condone.

to me drona, inspite of being a great teacher, is tainted. and his jugement in favour of dharman, would not stand an appeal in today's courts of justice. which just proves to me, that not all of our scriptures are without faults reinforcing that they are a literature of those times and values, not all of which are relevant today.

i hope you dont me lady, for this note registering my disagreement with your conclusions. pardon me for any incursions into your sensitivities.

thank you.[/QUOTE]

நான் வேண்டும் சொல் SONTI.... CHONTI அல்ல சண்முகம் சார்! இப்போது புரிகிறதா?

வேறு ஒரு முறையில் எழுத இயலும் என்று திரு Prof . M S K Sir எனக்கு எழுதியிருக்கிறார்.
(ஸொன்டி)ஆனால் Google இல் 'ஸோ' வின் குறிலைக் காணவே காணோம்! :ohwell:

அந்த சிறந்த முறையை எல்லோருக்கும்
அளித்துப் பயன் பெறச் செய்யலாமே!

soa என்று type செய்தால் 'ஸொஅ' என்று வரும்
அதில் இறுதி 'அ' வை அழித்துவிட வேண்டும்.

"அதே போல, பல பக்கங்களை எழுதித் தள்ளினாலும், ஒரு நல்ல விஷயமும் சொல்லத்

தெரியாது, கதை பண்ணுவார்கள் சிலர். இவர்களைத்தான் 'வைக்கோல் மனிதர்கள்' என்று குறிப்பிட்டேன்! "

—Smt. Raji Ram

I am reminded of many instances in our puranas and itihasas!

"personally, i think, these people are rich enough they can pay whatever the vathiar wants. i think the real issue, is that the kartha does not look forward to repeating the tiresome maasigam rituals again :) and that too 12 times :)"
— Shri Kunjuppu

Vadhyars of Delhi & Mumbai are mafia. Bengaluru is reportedly becoming so. The chief vadhyars (CV) are crorepatis and all the rest are 'bonded labour'. These second grade vadhyars have to go daily to a particular place (house), usually of a retired govt. officer and 'born again brahmin' householder who, nowadays has his computer screen registering the requirements from the chief vadhyars and detailing the assistants accordingly.

To cite an example let us assume a cv has a rudrekadasi tomorrow; he will call this "clearing house" or "vadhyar employment exchange" and say the number of fellows, the exact address and landmarks to reach the place and the time. If nothing more is said, it will mean that the fellows should know rudram, chamakam and the bare essentials for rudrekadasi japam. Such exchanges are now increasingly maintained by பல்லுப் போன வயதான வாத்தியார்கள் themselves - with some computer familiarity and these people will have their son as a cv; so it is a highly lucrative family business!

The சிங்கிடிs have to first register themselves and it may cost from Rs.1000/= upwards. And their payment from the grihasta's house will have to be surrendered honestly to the agent in the exchange and he will give some pittance of 100 or 200 rupees to the சிங்கிடி fellow depending on his "rating". Any activity harmful to this mafia set-up will be met with physical liquidation, no lie here!

That is the state of affairs of vaideekam today;)

"to me drona, inspite of being a great teacher, is tainted. and his jugement in favour of dharman, would not stand an appeal in today's courts of justice. which just proves to me, that not all of our scriptures are without faults reinforcing that they are a literature of those times and values, not all of which are relevant today."
— Shri Kunjuppu

Well said. In fact your entire post was timely. I only hope we have less and less of the shadow plays.

dear sangom,

i have already experienced the ganapadigal mafia stranglehold on the pilgrimage functions in varanasai. in 2000.

the plight of the poorer priests should be enough for these guys to encourage their children to secular professions. :)

atleast with the latter, there is chance of promotions, salary increase and upward mobility. with the current mafiosi it is strictly the laws of family succession, and as any such arrangement, the next generation are idiots who know nothing and yet manage to grab the wealth. :(

i dont know whether we have alternatives, considering that many of our rituals are so individual family oriented as opposed to group participation (avani avittam excepted).

Last edited:
The 10 to 20 percent 'commission' is widespread everywhere in SingArach Chennai! Recently I learnt that the flower decorators

of the KalyAna mandapams pay 20% of their charges to the owner of the mandapam and each decorator is allowed only in that

particular mandapam!! And the simplest decoration and a name board costs Rs. 10,000....
:shocked:

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back