• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well put sir! :clap2:

We all have a little spark inside us to guide us correctly. :flame:

As long as we keep the spark ON and listen to it, :ear:

we DO NOT the approval of anyone else! :nono:

Hi Sri Prasad1 Ji,

Please don't interpret my willingness to engage in conversations about concepts of Moderation as any sign of self doubt or weakness.

My vision about Moderation is what I stated. And as long as I am a Moderator, I will do my job as I have always done. My job requires only one person's approval, no one else's.

Regards,
KRS

1. One is a guest, because the host allows one in in to a household, and in this case, free of charge.
2. A guest sees other guests, some long standing for sure, but nevertheless has the same rights as those other guests.
3. Guests have the responsibility not to get in to fights with other guests.
4. Guests do not have the right to abuse other guests.
5. Guests have the responsibility to obey the house rules.
6. If a guest violates rules 3, 4, and 5 above, then they are subject to any action by the host.
7. A guest can not question the actions of the host, because by definition, a host always holds the larger interests of the household and all guests in mind.
8. A guest has no inherent right to be a guest.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS Ji,

I like what you wrote..this thread has been in serious mode and its dragging on too long so let me add one more point about Guests that will make everyone happy and everyone can also use this escape clause that they can get away with whatever they do...

Note: This is just meant to be a Joke..so dont take me too seriously..

in addition to the 8 points about guest..I add point No 9..

9.Athiti Devo Bhava!!!LOL

.......... 9.Athiti Devo Bhava!!!LOL
Dear Renu,

Talking of 'guest', there is a saying in Tamil:

விருந்தும், மருந்தும் மூணு நாள்!! But we stay for years together! Cool, is it not?
:nod:

dear raji.

please let me know what renu meant, as i dont know sanskrit.

but, we have in english, 'after the second day, fish and guests stink'.

so 48 hours is the maximum (yes maximum) i stay in anyone's house. usually it is only in transit. the family and i prefer hotels.

and we cannot simply handle guests who come and plonk themselves for weeks, just because they spent all the money to come to north america, and expect us to be the tour guide, hotel, restaurant and entertainers.

unlike mrs K, i have very little patience, and tolerance. since mrs K works shifts, it is left to me, many a times, to fed a family of 4- 6, all hungry, and expecting a lot. would like to taste wines, but would not contribute to buying even one bottle.

f(*&, we dont need guests like these... :)

re guests here, i have always pointed to many folks here before, who had the habit of copy/pasting entire passage running to gigabytes, about the forum norms and decency. it is credit to praveen, that he has never imposed such rules.

let us move on...

Very well put sir! :clap2:

We all have a little spark inside us to guide us correctly. :flame:

As long as we keep the spark ON and listen to it, :ear:

we DO NOT the approval of anyone else! :nono:

visa,

in my culture and language, i would treat KRS post as an admonition, and a deterrent to blatant brown nosing. ofcourse, he could mean different!

oh, the various usage of the english language.

it is said, that england and america are separated by a common tongue. how true!

dear raji.

please let me know what renu meant, as i dont know sanskrit.

but, we have in english, 'after the second day, fish and guests stink'.

so 48 hours is the maximum (yes maximum) i stay in anyone's house. usually it is only in transit. the family and i prefer hotels.

and we cannot simply handle guests who come and plonk themselves for weeks, just because they spent all the money to come to north america, and expect us to be the tour guide, hotel, restaurant and entertainers.

unlike mrs K, i have very little patience, and tolerance. since mrs K works shifts, it is left to me, many a times, to fed a family of 4- 6, all hungry, and expecting a lot. would like to taste wines, but would not contribute to buying even one bottle.

f(*&, we dont need guests like these... :)

re guests here, i have always pointed to many folks here before, who had the habit of copy/pasting entire passage running to gigabytes, about the forum norms and decency. it is credit to praveen, that he has never imposed such rules.

let us move on...

dear Kunjs,

Athiti Devo Bhava means "Guest is God"

Its the famous 4 sayings.

Matru Devo Bhava
Pitru Devo Bhava
Athiti Devo Bhava
Archarya Devo Bhava

dear Kunjs,

Athiti Devo Bhava means "Guest is God"

Its the famous 4 sayings.

Matru Devo Bhava
Pitru Devo Bhava
Athiti Devo Bhava
Archarya Devo Bhava

good stuff renus. kindly let me know if you prescribe to this.

i have a couple of guys in chennai, who are seeking to further their career where you live.

they hope to get a tourist visa, and land there.

looking for a patron, who would , receive them at the airport, put them up, feed them, give them pocket money and guide them to get a job bypassing the miriads of obstacles set by your country, and perhaps get you jailed.

but they will be your guests. your gods.

so, please confirm your godly beliefs, and i will pr msg you their names and phone numbers, so that you can pass on your godly abode.

love you for this dear renus :) :) :)

good stuff renus. kindly let me know if you prescribe to this.

i have a couple of guys in chennai, who are seeking to further their career where you live.

they hope to get a tourist visa, and land there.

looking for a patron, who would , receive them at the airport, put them up, feed them, give them pocket money and guide them to get a job bypassing the miriads of obstacles set by your country, and perhaps get you jailed.

but they will be your guests. your gods.

so, please confirm your godly beliefs, and i will pr msg you their names and phone numbers, so that you can pass on your godly abode.

love you for this dear renus :) :) :)

Ok kunjs,,

You know what is my escape grounds here..Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam..so without his consent I cant make anyone else Gods in my house!!!LOL

Ok kunjs,,

You know what is my escape grounds here..Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam..so without his consent I cant make anyone else Gods in my house!!!LOL

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh dear :)

i am sooooooooooooooo disssssssssssssssappppppppppppointed :)

what a cop out? and i thought you wore the pants in your family!

take care and plush!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh dear :)

i am sooooooooooooooo disssssssssssssssappppppppppppointed :)

what a cop out? and i thought you wore the pants in your family!

Hey Kunjs..I dont wear the pants in the family..I wear skirts,sarees,salwar kameez,jeans etc..see how much more than just wearing pants!!LOL

take care and plush!

Hey Kunjs..I dont wear the pants in the family..I wear skirts,sarees,salwar kameez,jeans etc..see how much more than just wearing pants!!LOL

renus,

what does LOL imply.

i know it stands for 'laughing out loud'.

since i never laugh out loud, i am not sure, whether it is an insult, complement, exclamation or whatever.

i find it used very popularly, and i am always at a loss to understand its context in the message.

please help me out, dear lady. thanku.

renus,

what does LOL imply.

i know it stands for 'laughing out loud'.

since i never laugh out loud, i am not sure, whether it is an insult, complement, exclamation or whatever.

i find it used very popularly, and i am always at a loss to understand its context in the message.

please help me out, dear lady. thanku.

Kunjs..even I dont laugh out loud unless I am with all women or with those I am very comfortable with..

Actually I think this LOL is like an internet slang word now..
Its not really an insult most of the while but some people do use it as insult sometime but you are such a darling...dont worry no insults from my side!!

Ok got to see a patient now..It will be chinese new year on 23rd and 24th Jan so its a long holiday for us here and many will come last minute to get some medication before they go on holidays.

Jeans are pants with a difference. You can live in them and wash them less frequently. Very convenient for long travels!
Leave the home dressed in them and wash the jeans after the tour is completed.
That is the impression I got after the sight and smell presented by some travelers. :doh:

I thought jeans are pants, no?

Regards,
KRS

Dear Srimathi VR Ji,

You seem to give credence to the fact then, a person wearing the jeans in the house is the man! :)

Regards,
KRS

Dear Srimathi VR Ji,

You seem to give credence to the fact then, a person wearing the jeans in the house is the man! :)

Regards,
KRS

All this discussion about Jeans and Pants reminds me of this song where there is this line..

naanga jeans pantuththaan poattaakkaa
neenga baggy pantuththaan paarppeenga
naanga baggy pantuththaan poattaakkaa
neenga vaettiyaththaan thaeduveenga

This song is for KRS Ji and VR Ji..

[video=youtube_share;36CB4jOH2UA]http://youtu.be/36CB4jOH2UA[/video]

.. You know what is my escape grounds here..Kanavane Kan Kanda Deivam..so without his consent I cant make anyone else Gods in my house!!!LOL
It is usually said: சௌகரியத்துக்கு சாஸ்திரம்!
Now Renu proves: சௌகரியத்துக்குப் பழமொழி!! :peace:

This is my experience! A teenaged girl came from the US (distant relative) as my student to learn veena and stayed with us

as a paying guest. One day, I found her jeans severed roughly as a half pant with shabby edges. Taking pity, I stitched it

neatly, breaking three of my sewing needles in that process! The girl screamed on seeing the neat edge and started crying.

Reason she gave was something new to me. She wanted the edges to become like tassels after several washes and I had

spoiled her fashionable half pant! Then what...... I had to spend two more hours to undo what I had done with a good intention.

Later on, I learnt about stone washed jeans, jeans with bullet injuries (!) jeans torn near the knees and so on...
Hope these are NOT done to normal pants, anyway! :scared:

Recently jeans are made for ladies to accentuate their natural curves -
just like the cup shaped feminine inner-wear.
So living-in the jeans will become NECESSARY since these jeans will be
figure-hugging, literally! :becky:

Dear Srimathi VR Ji,

Regards,
KRS

What about the acid washed jeans and the ones dipped in mud and drawn on rough surface to make the new one appear worn out. :rolleyes:

There is no limit either for the imagination or for the craziness of the people!
:doh:

This is funny, this is taking democracy to its death. There are limits in every sphere of life. We have to accept them or find another location. A disgruntled person leaves a company and the workers are wanting the CEO's head. I think this thread has served its purpose. Mr. KRS you are doing an admirable and thankless job, giving Mr. Praveen some well deserved time, but you keep defending your position you are not doing your job. Do your job to the best of your ability and let the chips fall where ever they do. If you have second thought about your qualification and your abilities then get over it.
Please accept my appreciation of your job.
Be strong and make the decision and then be firm in enforcing it uniformly.
Scratch, Scratch the seat of Power so you can favours or 'blind eye turn' in return.
Dont give up the opportunity to slight the weak or docile and do it with BLACK, thick and BOLD, but
Scratch, Scratch thee the Powerful ... thats the way to stay unscratched.

Flattery - A sure way to deny your senses the touch to reality and inhibit oneself to grow or improve.

Ok kunjs,,

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

I don't think you have to seek any escape route. You may very well stand your ground. Adithi, usually is some stranger who is in tansit. More often than not, adithis stay just for one meal and then move on. I have never seen an adithi even staying for a second meal. Guests are not counted as adithis per se. (For example, if I considered my late father in law as an adithi, he would get offended!).

Secondly adithis show up at your door step. You don't have to pick them up. More over, you don't have to know of their plans or business either. Under normal circumstances, after the meal, they are expected to be on their way.

Sure, adithi devo bhava.

Adithi also means 'mother of all Gods'. In that context, still Adithi devo bhava stands.

I don't know Sanskrit; but I have hosted Adithis.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back