• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adithi also means 'mother of all Gods'. In that context, still Adithi devo bhava stands.

I don't know Sanskrit; but I have hosted Adithis.
Cheers!

You have mixed up "athithi" with "adithi" (the mother of adityas). Rest of your message is just fine.

अदिति Aditi..meaning Free,Not tied,Boundless

अतिथि Atithi..meaning without a date..that means a guest can come and leave at any date/time.

Last edited:
I know Atithi - meaning Guest
I know Aditi - meaning Earth
I do not know what Adithi means
Adithi also means 'mother of all Gods', suggests there is a meaning to it. Any idea?

Aditi is the mother of 8 adityas. One source, taittiriya aranyaka (aka aruna PraSnam) anuvaka 13, mantras 61, 62, 63

Raghy and Zebra,
I was just pointing out the superfluous 'h' in Aditi; Unlike in English, these distort original meanings in Sanskrit.
(The link has Aditi, but you wrote as Adithi)
Like wise a 'd' and 't' make a difference
Atithi as in Guest has 't' not 'd' or 'th';
Aditi and Atithi are not the same word having different meanings, but different words having different meanings.

Many deviations in this thread. Now :focus:

Please come back Prof. Nara Sir!
காரமே இல்லாத சமையல் ருசிக்காது!
:thumb:

nara/YAMS, missing you isn't the problem, its wondering if you'll ever come back, that's killing me.

i divined that you both would be making a great coming back today, i will still keep my fingers crossed, cos, i have another 8hrs to end today.

may be, should we alert interpol, asking them to bring you all back to tb.com?

or should i safely conclude, that this place is better now :(

or is there any problem with your internet service provider?

Raghy and Zebra,
I was just pointing out the superfluous 'h' in Aditi; Unlike in English, these distort original meanings in Sanskrit.
(The link has Aditi, but you wrote as Adithi)
Like wise a 'd' and 't' make a difference
Atithi as in Guest has 't' not 'd' or 'th';
Aditi and Atithi are not the same word having different meanings, but different words having different meanings.

Sri.Ozone, Greetings.

Thank you for the explanation. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't know Sanskrit. So, I did not know the differences. Now it is clear. That doesn't affect the original intention though. Still 'Adhiti devo bhava' is true. (pardon me for the spelling mistakes).

Cheers!

Questions in the mind of an innocent being:

1. Why does a person make it an issue when he/she leaves leaves the forum?
2. Why does a person who quits the forum comes back?
3. Why is there no self-moderation which warrants the "official" moderator to do his job in every post and thread?
4. Why are we here? - To learn? To share? To contribute? To "gang-up"?
5. Why should a moderator be questioned in a site he decided to host on his own initiative - that too for free?

Enough "Why"s in a thread titled "Why".:heh:

3. Why is there no self-moderation which warrants the "official" moderator to do his job in every post and thread?
5. Why should a moderator be questioned in a site he decided to host on his own initiative - that too for free?

Sir,
Why do you need answers to these?
Why?Why?Why?

ps: hope there is some humour if not very evident, with some effort

Ok let me answer since I left and came back before..

1) Why does a person make it an issue when he/she leaves leaves the forum?

Becos we dont want people to think we are dead if we suddenly leave the forum silently.
2)
Why does a person who quits the forum comes back?

Ok I quit before and went to Facebook but too many people wanted to be my friend so I came back to TB forum and also I missed it.

3)
Why is there no self-moderation which warrants the "official" moderator to do his job in every post and thread?

Becos self can never see one owns fault..we need a mirror to see ourselves isnt it?

4)
Why are we here? - To learn? To share? To contribute? To "gang-up"?

This is a classic question almost like Kah Aham?(Ko'ham) Who am I?
So all your answers are correct.
5)Why should a moderator be questioned in a site he decided to host on his own initiative - that too for free?

Ok good question.. to solve this problem each time a moderator is roped in even for cross examination a fee should be charged..then self moderation also might be possible.

Enough "Why"s in a thread titled "Why".

Why??Becos thats how we Indians complain isnt it?? Aiyoo Why? Why?

Dear Renu

you need a standing ovation for sure :clap2:

You sure know the pulse of the people here

as well as in your clinic (Hospital?) :rolleyes:

The most popular question which we ask quite often is

"WHY ME???"
:whoo:

Depends on who leaves the forum!! The sudden disappearance of a star member might affect the friends group!

Because the person won't know what to do in free time!

Some people take this as a platform to boast their achievements, some to make fun of others and some to get some point to start an argument.
So, how can there be self moderation?

Most of us to share, some to learn, some to contribute and most of the honorable members to gang up! Check out the 'like's given for posts...

If a person wants to write anything without moderation, the only way is to start his / her own website!
icon3.png

My five cents!!!

If I may make a correction...
the only way to teach moderation is :whip:
to write in another person's website. :typing:
No one is willing to, or is going to learn anything!
Do!!! :decision: Don't!!!
Take it from me!

A corollary to that is:

If a person wants to learn moderation, the best way is to write in Other's site :)

If I may make a correction...
the only way to teach moderation is
to write in another person's website.
No one is willing to, or is going to learn anything!
Do!!! Don't!!!
Take it from me!

Moderator Sir, please moderate this !!! :) :)

ps: To allow my smilies to survive, I had to sacrifice the images from the original. I learnt for the first time
about the limit to the no of images. Rather than rake my head and provide an explanation, I decided to treat them all fairly, although I could have allowed a couple of them to survive. Hope there is no hard feelings

Let me also try to answer!

1. Many persons vanish (or are made to vanish) and no one is any wiser. But when you stand tall on a golden shield wielded by four (or more) sturdy people and you vanish, you are sure to be noticed!

2. For the same reason why people kiss and make up...
to plant another unexpected kick at the opportune moment!

3. Moderation of any kind (self or external) does not apply to unusual people. Laws are for law abiding people and not for everyone!

4. I am surprised this doubt still lingers in you mind!
Of course to :grouphug: and walk out :flock:every now and then and not to forget :argue: and :boxing:

5. Anything FREE cannot be valuable as per the Indian mentality. The voluntary help is the cheapest and the willing gift is worthless.

You are a N.R.I and have forgotten all about India and Indians!

Enough "Why"s in a thread titled "Why"

Moderator Sir, please moderate this !!! :) :)

ps: To allow my smilies to survive, I had to sacrifice the images from the original. I learnt for the first time
about the limit to the no of images. Rather than rake my head and provide an explanation, I decided to treat them all fairly, although I could have allowed a couple of them to survive. Hope there is no hard feelings

Not at all dear O3. :rolleyes:

You too are special by your user name -

which is a chemical formula! :becky:

5. Anything FREE cannot be valuable as per the Indian mentality. The voluntary help is the cheapest and the willing gift is worthless. .........
I don't think so! There are people who buy stuff only if something is given free along with that!

Dad used to say that a lady will buy a car, if a tea spoon is given free!!
:dance: ... :car:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back