• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so! There are people who buy stuff only if something is given free along with that!

Dad used to say that a lady will buy a car, if a tea spoon is given free!!
:dance: ... :car:

யானையையும், பூனையும்.

யானை விற்கச் சென்ற இடத்தில்
சொன்னார்கள் உயர் அதிகாரிகள்;

யானை விற்ற பணத்தில் பாதியை
செலுத்தவேண்டும் அரசு வரியாக!

மீன் குட்டிக்கு நீரில் நீந்தவும்,
மான் குட்டிக்கு நன்கு ஓடவும்,

தெனாலி ராமனுக்கு பேசவும்
கற்றுத்தரவேண்டுமா என்ன?

"பூனை வாங்கினால் பெரிய
யானை இலவசம்" என்றான்!

பூனை விலையைக் கேட்டால்
"பத்தாயிரம் பவுன்" என்றான்.

பத்தாயிரம் பவுன் அளித்து
பூனையையும் யானையையும்

வாங்கிச் சென்றார் ஒருவர்.
வரி செலுத்தவில்லை தெனாலி!

வல்லவனுக்கு வல்லவனும்
எத்தனுக்கு எத்தனும் உள்ள

வையகத்தில், வலிமையை
வெல்லும் புத்தி சாதுரியம்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.
:third:

பத்தாயிரம் பவுன் அளித்து
பூனையையும் யானையையும்

வாங்கிச் சென்றார் ஒருவர்.............
தெனாலி காலத்தில் பத்தாயிரம் பவுனா?
'யானை இருந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன்; இறந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன்!' என்றல்லவா
படித்துள்ளேன் ! :ranger:

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Greetings.

'இருந்தாலும் இறந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொண் ' is true for the elephant only. But here it is the cat that was sold for ten thousand gold coins! That cat was that unique, even an elephant was 'thrown in!'.

Cheers!

......... That cat was that unique, even an elephant was 'thrown in!'.
Thank you Raghy Sir! That cat might have been a role model to invent the 'Echo cat' seen in ipads of today!! :cheer2:

mzl.ttubnsuu.320x480-75.jpg

courtesy: iTunes preview

Naan nenaichen neenga sollitteenga! nandri! :pray2:

Sorry for the Thanglish. My google Tamil transliteration is functioning since yesterday. :(

Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Greetings.

'இருந்தாலும் இறந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொண் ' is true for the elephant only. But here it is the cat that was sold for ten thousand gold coins! That cat was that unique, even an elephant was 'thrown in!'.

Cheers!

It appears that besides Mr. Shiv Kc,Mr Prasad1 misses the opponents most!
By the way I was wondering who will post no # 108 in this thread!
Cool that it turned out to be the most popular person at present.
A woman is defined as "A person whom a man can neither live with nor without!"
I think some men also qualify to be defined thus.
Am I correct Mr. Prasad???

Why.

A woman is defined as "A person whom a man can neither live with nor without!"

Dear Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani,

May I intervene with your consent.
Long ago in a lecture during my College days I have heard similar observation, as under.

" A man requires a woman like salt in food, neither more nor less". Again the
famous feminist-existentialist Simone de Beauvoir in her book "Second Sex" accepts that
"When woman is ‘the same’ as her male, life will lose its salt and spice."

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Combining the observations can I safely state that
A woman = the salt in the food (adding taste to the food / life)
A man = the spice in the food (adding flavor and fragrance to the site / house)???

Dear Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani,

May I intervene with your consent.
Long ago in a lecture during my College days I have heard similar observation, as under.

" A man requires a woman like salt in food, neither more nor less". Again the
famous feminist-existentialist Simone de Beauvoir in her book "Second Sex" accepts that
"When woman is ‘the same’ as her male, life will lose its salt and spice."

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

OMG! Time to go for the next series of eye examinations including Field test and thickening of cornea. :shocked:
Corollary : I must take a heavy purse with me and keep five hours' free time to spare. :bored:
Now you are the one who is hawk-eyed! :)

By the way I was wondering who will post no # 108 in this thread!
Cool that it turned out to be the most popular person at present. ......
[/QUOTE}
Post # 109 is by the M P P, for your information. Post # 108 is yours, dear!! :ranger:

OMG! Time to go for the next series of eye examinations including Field test and thickening of cornea. :shocked:
Corollary : I must take a heavy purse with me and keep five hours' free time to spare. :bored:
Now you are the one who is hawk-eyed! :)

Oh !! I thought you were defining the M P P based on the 108th post

My thanks to R RR and VR (all Rs!). Interesting answers to the questions I raised. More interesting is the fact that only women have chosen to answer. As usual, no two women agree in totality:loco:.

I feel this thread can be closed since the initiator has mentioned that he would not participate anymore in discussion (and he maintains his promise!). It is of course the decision from the moderator to close this thread.

My thanks to R RR and VR (all Rs!). Interesting answers to the questions I raised. More interesting is the fact that only women have chosen to answer. As usual, no two women agree in totality:loco:.

I feel this thread can be closed since the initiator has mentioned that he would not participate anymore in discussion (and he maintains his promise!). It is of course the decision from the moderator to close this thread.
So, you want to forget them so soon, or have we got all the answers?
I am still wondering at the first statement itself??
A member directed me to the new discussion on missing posters.
Could that have been shivKC himself? :) :)

Glad that you found our answers interesting! Yes... we can answer any type of Qs and that too in different ways! :thumb:

When the thread has many twists and has so many likes, why to close it? Again why?? (Trying to justify the heading!)

This is NOT a quiz show and
the questions are NOT the currency or capital of the nations,
that we should all give the SAME answer.

Yes! we three have been :loco:s since we spent time, energy and replied to long list of your questions
and not kept MUM like all the gentlemen in the forum.

Well deserved compliment from a :loco: to three other :loco:

If all the men have agreed in TOTALITY there won't be a need for all the recent happenings or this very thread!

If all the men have agreed in TOTALITY there won't be a need for all the recent happenings or this very thread!

Those of us who have watched these threads closely wouldnt agree with you ma'am.
As the saying goes - in everything successful, there is a woman behind it, here too I guess it was true :) May be there were two

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back