• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hemamalini's bold action to thwart unethical misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rich man was famous for his loud belching at the dinner table.

He was one of the guests invited for a party thrown by a Queen.

Orders were made to see to that the gentle man did not belch.

After the party the organizer asked one the waiters, "Did he belch?"

The waiter replied, "Yes sir! He belched both ways!"

The morbid way in which the topic has been side tracked to dissect the personal life of
a bold, brainy and beautiful woman

and the horrid way in which things are being discussed
will make anybody wish to do the same thing...

PUKE and BUICK at the same time !

Artist is a very vague and general term!

Once the famous professor Dr. S. Ramanathan

was conferred an award by the Tamil Nadu

Government, which was offered to the filmdom

famous Paravai Muniyamma also.

He refused to accept the award since it

practically equated him to that lady.

The nude paintings of Hindu Gods by a

perverted painter and the classical dance

recital glorifying the Hindu Gods, how can they

coexist in the same venue on the same day?

The talk one artist belittling another!

Who will be the one belittled - if this unholy

plot had taken shape?

Before verifying and challenging whether Hema practices Hinduism or Islam, let us think how many of us practice Hinduism?

How many of us do puja/ paat?

How many men do Sandhya vandanam every day at least once - even if not thrice?

How many wear a mark on the forehead - at least while at home?

Remember it is the same story all the time.

Whenever we point one finger at someone,

the other three fingers point back to us!

For post #101, #102 & #103 of Smt.Visalakshi Ramani...

:yo:

We can pass time in many ways but in a right/healthy ways..

I am inspired to compose a poem. A bad bad one, hope but still I hope ,some one has a smile.

A lady was there who was a beauty,
she was born here in an orthodox century.
She broke conventions , captured men's heart and left them in disarray
The mamas and mamis , were proud within but expressed their dismay.

How can an Iyengar dance in movies
Was the whisper in pakathathu stories
She continued to shine and shine
While some continued to whine and whine.

One fine day she broke the heart of many,
Many a young men felt lost and weary,
No effort could make them win,
Yet the easy jat captured the maiden.

In filmy fashion she broke someone's wife
Yet all she got was the place of a second life.
From Hindu to muslim she had a ride
And took everyone for a ride.

We never heard her for a long time
One day she came back with a hindu rhyme
She became the beacon light for the loosing right
The crowd were eager to get into her sight
But that did not seem to increase her party's might.

Not long ago there was a painter
Who was the darling of every hindu fighter
He gave them a cause to cry
Being hounded he left after giving it his best try

The luckless lady was called for a dance
She did not know then that she finally had her chance
To show her colors as a hindu leader , after all it was the work of her favorite painter
And look she now got herself many a supporter., and their earlier dismay forgotten, a pointless banter.
The orthodox country forgets its history
and thus emerges another bollywood story

BTW, what is interesting is, the exhibit Aisha Bi got cancelled was of "Mother" Teresa and the proceeds were intended for a nonprofit organization promoting arts and music from South Asia, so says HJS web site -- nice ha?

Isn't interesting MFH was reviled by both Islamic fundamentalists and Hindu fundamentalists? These fundamentalists, irrespective of religion, they have a lot in common.

Given a chance MFH would have prepared a painting of MT in a swimsuit for the exhibition.

MFH was reviled by muslims and hindus for his mischief. Not as is made out in this quoted post (fundamentalists would have passed a fatwa and would not have waited to revile). Yes they have something in common that is civility and decency in behavior.

Sorry for the interruption! I was fortunate to learn form our Guru Prof. S. Ramanathan. One of the posts refers to him

and hence the clarification. He was a great human and did NOT know to hurt anyone. He accepted the KalaimaamaNi

award from the state government of Tamil Nadu, though we, his disciples felt bad since the same award was given to

Kollangudi KaruppAyi also, though they came under different categories!

:lalala:

Note: Our Guru accepted anyone willing to learn music, as his student, whether they sang to their sruthi or not!

Once, Smt. Vedhavalli commented that he is S. R because, he says 'yes' and accepts everyone as his student!

:angel: . . . :hail:

..., though we, his disciples felt bad since the same award was given to Kollangudi KaruppAyi also, though they came under different categories!
Mrs RR, is Paravai Muniamma the same person as Kollangudi Karuppayi? Why did you all feel bad for KK also receiving the award, I am unable to understand, may be I am missing some ground realities :)

best ...

He who can't stand the frank boldness of a jolly good

"johnny who came late" does not find anything wrong

in equating a world class Research scholar in

classical carnatic music to the kuththuppaattu

(dappaangoothu??) Paravai muniyamma!

]She who cannot respect the folk songs of Tamil what is she doing speaking and living in the land of the Tamils.

Mrs VR, I am flattered you read my posts, I don't miss any of yours of course, as much as possible.

I usually try to stay out of your way, primarily to avoid that rage-filled prose poring down like purple rain. But this time, you have gone after me in a series of posts, perhaps it is time to address the points you raise.

The waiter replied, "Yes sir! He belched both ways!"
Nice touch!

The morbid way in which the topic has been side tracked to dissect the personal life of a bold, brainy and beautiful woman
Please read my posts carefully, again and again if necessary, may be the point may become clear in due course.

The nude paintings of Hindu Gods by a perverted painter and the classical dance recital glorifying the Hindu Gods, how can they coexist in the same venue on the same day?
Oh Mrs VR, did you even bother to understand what the controversy was about. Please read it here. It was not the nude paintings of this "perverted" painter that was going to be displayed, it was that of "Mother" Teresa, the peddler of poverty from Calcutta. It was supposed to be a fund raiser for a nonprofit organization promoting arts and music from South Asia. How can the most beautiful, the most brainy, the most courageous, the most sublime artist dance in the same venue as this, what a sacrilege that would be, no no.

...How many of us do puja/ paat? How many men do Sandhya vandanam every day at least once - even if not thrice? How many wear a mark on the forehead - at least while at home?
I suppose madam does all that is required of a wife under the glorious Sanatana Darma? madam, you know, I recently read in this very forum, by a great lady, a prolific writer in purple, bold and big, that whenever we point one finger at someone, the other three fingers point back to us!

Besides, why must I do pooja, sandhya, and wear some stupid mark on my forehead to point out how hypocritical it is to simply abandon a religion she says is glorious, for her selfish reasons? This is not a difficult concept to grasp, I don't have to be a hypocrite to criticize one.

He who can't stand the frank boldness of a jolly good "johnny who came late" ..
Folks, this reference is about me, the "he" in this sentence is adiyEn.

a world class Research scholar in classical carnatic music to the kuththuppaattu (dappaangoothu??) Paravai muniyamma!
Spoken like a true supremacist. Don't look down too much from the high horse madam, you may fall down, hang on to those haughty reigns and put on some mufflers lest some awful dappanguththu sound may enter your golden ear drums.

Here is to the rest of us, uncouth, vulgar, uncivilized, witless mob 'Madurai veeran thaane...' by Paravai Muniyamma and team - YouTube

with thousand pardons to your majesty ....

Dear nara your thinking is always diferent but has weight.I appreciate your rememberence of past.Renganathan.
Thanks for the complement, but I am puzzled and curious to boot, what past did I not forget, do tell, I am all ears ....

Cheers!

She (Who you do not want to name) is writing DECENT verses on Gods, spiritual topics and Dos and Don'ts for those people - who do not know that such a thing exists. :typing:

He who NEEDS proof and HE WHO CAN read poetic TAMIL CAN SEE FOR HIMSELF! :cool:

(I get a doubt since I remember your unforgettable 'darma puttirar' in Tamil)

Even if Paravai Muniyamma is the last Tamilian on the face of the earth - I still CAN NOT enjoy her folk songs:scared: :bolt:!

Reply to # 112.

So finally it was found out that Paravai Muniyamma is different from kollangudi Karupaayee!

(Great discovery)

I try to protect my golden ear drums from the songs which are like molten lead being poured inside them.

The purple rain is more colorful but what if it becomes black and white and more contrasting?

I do not enter into many threads just to avoid controversy.

If the painting was that of Mother Theresa, then why the secrecy and the plan to spring a surprise on the dancer? They could have been put there with her consent.

I am holding on very tight to my reins since I have no mentors, pilots, body guards like some others do.

In any case thanks for the warning.

I know it is feigned and your modesty does not become of you.

Last edited:
The topic of discussion is about Hemamalini's act of refusing to perform in the midst of unwarranted exhibition of apparently obnoxious paintings. I fail to understand why it has digressed to her marriage, conversion to islam etc. I request that hema's marriage and events surrounding may be discussed in an entirely different thread.

The atheists here are hypocritical by wanting to find fault with hinduism over other faiths, and fault with all theists over atheism/no god.

Their problem is not hema, or islam or Hussain or nudity or societal-values/ethics or any other topic in the forum or in the itnerest of the humanity/society. Their only PurushArtham/Ultimate Goal, is to speak against 'Theism and Gods'.

Last edited:
The topic of discussion is about Hemamalini's act of refusing to perform in the midst of unwarranted exhibition of apparently obnoxious paintings. I fail to understand why it has digressed to her marriage, conversion to islam etc. I request that hema's marriage and events surrounding may be discussed in an entirely different thread.

When you talk about Hema's action on one particular issue, it is natural people are interested in knowing about her personality...

In other words, who is this Hema as a whole, as an Actress, as an Iyengar girl, as a BJP MP, as a law-abiding citizen etc etc.?

Hence, her marriage and events surrounding it, the law and the "intent of the law" etc are discussed.

Why do you need a separate thread, anyway?

When I get "wisdom", this is how I would think:

"Oh! M.F.Hussain... what a genius artist he was! These supermacist Hindus have no taste of art!"

"This Hema Malini... the "dream girl" of yester years... looking for cheap popularity... doing political gimmick..."

"If she deserted Hinduism for the sake of her marriage, how can she claim the supremacy of Hinduism now? FRAUD!"

"The "sanathana dharma" followers - the remainder of last century's atrocious group - praise this Hema Malini for her "brave action".

"When M.F.H. paints Hindu God/Goddesses, why do people feel offended? After all there is no God/Goddess. (Don't ask me why "Last temptations" or "Da Vinci Code" created a rage across the world). The West is rational. Hindus are fundamentalists."

Fortunately, I don't have wisdom. I have conscience. I have common sense. I have values and beliefs.

When you talk about Hema's action on one particular issue, it is natural people are interested in knowing about her personality...

In other words, who is this Hema as a whole, as an Actress, as an Iyengar girl, as a BJP MP, as a law-abiding citizen etc etc.?

Hence, her marriage and events surrounding it, the law and the "intent of the law" etc are discussed.

Why do you need a separate thread, anyway?

Shri Yamaka,

Personal life situations and actions we can never and should not judge as outsiders. The reality and reasonable justifications only Dharm-Hema couple can know and God can know.

Can any one provide a proof here that Dharm's first wife was not cheating upon Dharm or was not in bad terms/relationship as a wife with him? If she just expresses her upset on Dharm in front of media for his marriage with Hema, does it by default makes clear that she was a good lady/good wife etc.etc.?

I would request member's not to find my comment above as a great opportunity to start accusing me and questioning me negatively on my above questions. The above questions are just an example to realize that no one would know the truth in a relationship.

No one is 100% perfect especially the people from film Industry. Majority of men from outside of film industry enjoy the vibrant and exposing dance of the item girls/heroins in movies but would not allow/like their wife to do the same as a performer in stage. What sort of hypocrisy is that? Can we say its hypocrisy and men should be subjected to at most criticism doesn't matter what was their positive contributions for the society/family?

Just because Hema or any other film celebrity is a public figure, should we criticize her for her personal life choices, pulling her down to the extent of making accusations and insult on her? Isn't it a utter hypocrisy?

The wise is a person who appreciates the beauty of the rose and ignore it's thorns.

A person who respects the sentiments of all the religion, a person who respects all the arts and culture of any religion, a person who agrees with the masses for the valid sentiments etc. should be appreciated for his/her decisions and actions. Should be respected for his/her social importance. Should be honored at least for what he/she did at present, irrespective of his/her background.

This is what true theists believes in. And true Atheists as Humanists and naturalists should believe in too, IMHO.

India is a great Nation. India is a Karma Bhoomi. In Indian society people live with love and respect to every other person of any religion. And glorify a person for his/her good deeds for the sake of any religious values, people's reasonable sentiments, for the better cause of the society etc..etc. irrespective of what and how he/she was once before. That's how we are still united with diversity in faith and culture.

She who is being talked about, after reading your venom filled posts on Paravai Muniyamma, I must say that I am certainly entertained. Not least your comedy Neram and your eulogies to some Johnny Come Lately. I am impressed by women who do not need bodyguards, it is a matter of pride for me to know you. If the last tamilian were Paravai Muniyamma, what would then be your mother tongue. Have you switched loyalty to Telugu? You do not need to listen to her songs. We are listening to it and we are proud of listening to it. Someday some forgettable poems may be sent into some discarded pages on the internet. But I am sure Paravai Muniyamma will be remembered!

As my tribute to her , I am fully reproducing an article from the Hindu

In Glowing words, source The Hindu : Metro Plus Tiruchirapalli / Personality : Ruling with RUSTIC ragas

Ruling with RUSTIC ragas
What sets Paravai Muniamma apart is her faith in folk songs, says M. BALAGANESSIN

2004120400290301.jpg

WHEN SHE first stepped into Tiruchi's All India Radio station two decades ago for recording folk songs, nobody perhaps imagined that one day she will take the celluloid world by storm. But she has done it with her famous `Madurai Veeran Thaane' number in "Dhool".
Incidentally, `Paravai' Muniamma's voice has rejuvenated the folk appeal in the film industry.
Though she had given hundreds of performances all over Tamil Nadu, mostly in temple festivals, her folk number, `Naadu summa kidanthalum kidakkum', written by Joseph of Kalladipatti in Madurai district, brought her name and fame, prompting cine Director, Tharani to introduce her to the celluloid.
Stunning costumes

Having been drawn to `Therukoothu' as a girl of seven, the dazzling jewellery and glittery costumes used by the actors rendered her awestruck. Later on, she found her mentor in S. Perumal Konar, a folk artiste, and took upon herself the task of popularising his lucid approach of delivery. One such, she recalls, was his description of a tragedy with the phrasing, `Pandi nagaramam Madurayil nadantha pallikkoodam,' to describe the tragedy of 35 school students who died after a two-storey building collapsed in April 1964. Her devotion to her mentor was such that she has brought out a cassette containing his compositions.
Despite the overwhelming popularity she had gained of late, she is sceptic about her future in the film industry. "I know it is difficult for a folk artiste to sustain in the film world. What I earn here is barely enough to make ends meet. I know of artistes like me, who are now in penury."
With a traditional aura, she says, "I am doubly careful in choosing my roles in movies. I prefer playing the mother character, which I have done for many leading actors like Dhanush, Parthiban and Sarathkumar. I am jittery lest I become a laughing stock if I play the role of a wife."
Remedial force

Her consistent efforts in making folk art a remedial force to heal human stress have paid dividends. What sets Muniamma apart from the other singers is perhaps her strong faith that folk songs provide strength and solace to all sections of humanity - be it an illiterate agricultural labourer in the fields or an industrialist in foreign soil.
"My overseas programmes stand testimony to the fact that human race has an unquenchable passion for folk art and culture. Folk songs cannot be withered away by disco, jazz or rock".
Folk songs had for long remained in the realm of villages. " Be it a lullaby, ode or elegy, a rural woman is capable of composing and rendering, situation-specific songs instantly. Set to proper beats, folk songs can synchronise with any modern musical instrument. This was evident in Dhool."
Appeal to Govt

She has an appeal to make. "The Central and State Governments should honour folk artistes appropriately by instituting awards and sanctioning special concessions in the form of free bus and train passes."
Muniyamma has, of late, shot to popularity for another reason. In her cooking shows on television, she creates the rural flavour with all the countryside paraphernalia, starting with earthen cooking wares.
The blend of folk songs adds to the rural flavour in her show. "I feel people like my songs more than my cooking," she says. "They just watch the show to hear the songs I sing in between."
Be it on stage or in silver screen, `Paravai' Muniamma is her usual unassuming self.

Renukaji, have you imagined what it would be like to cook and clean for 5 husbands? Not sure where the fun would come from. :)

Hey Biswa,

Now with 1 husband itself I have a house maid,if there are 5, all of us are earning including me..so there will be enough money for an extra house maid.
Even then I dont really mind housework which I still do even after I come back from work cos it helps keep mind alert and burns calories and remain slim!!!

BTW I would allow them polygamy also..so they will be kept busy also.
Now you get it where the fun comes from!!!

You don't have to assume my purple (fury) font, size and color to fight me!

For all I care, you can build a temple for Muniyamma near Kushboos's temple and have trikala puja performed.

Hitler is spoken about more often than Gandhi/ Mandela / Martin Luther King!

So what does it convey???

When God is with you, nobody can harm you!

When God deserts you, nobody can save you!

I trust in God much more than the fickle minded opportunistic human beings.

She who is being talked about, after reading your venom filled posts on Paravai Muniyamma, I must say that I am certainly entertained. Not least your comedy Neram and your eulogies to some Johnny Come Lately. I am impressed by women who do not need bodyguards, it is a matter of pride for me to know you. If the last tamilian were Paravai Muniyamma, what would then be your mother tongue. Have you switched loyalty to Telugu? You do not need to listen to her songs. We are listening to it and we are proud of listening to it. Someday some forgettable poems may be sent into some discarded pages on the internet. But I am sure Paravai Muniyamma will be remembered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back