• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Life is like that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lot of inputs in the utilization of brain. There is a statistics that human
being use only 10 of their brain. But then, there is a difference of opinion on this.
Generally, a person is using only 10% of their total neuron, at any given time. Further
it is also learnt that the humans use only 10% of their brain at once. There is another input
that the brain depicts 3% of the body's weight and uses 20% of the body's energy.
The average human brain weighs around 3 Pounds and composes the hefty cerebrum.

If everyone uses to the maximum extent, every one will become Professors, Teachers,
Doctors, Space Shuttle Scientists, Judges, CAs, Land Owners, God Man, etc. but then,
there will be an interrogation as to who will be their Sishyas or Disciples or Learners or
Assistants to execute the assigned tasks.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
........இப்போதும் நடந்தது ஒரு "அய்யர் வீட்டுக் கல்யாணம்" ஆனால் மணப்பெண் ஒரு pure naayar.அவர்கள் விருந்து தந்தால் என்ன சமைப்பார்கள்? அத்தனையும் விஸ்தாரமாகச் சமைத்திருந்தார்கள்.(ஒட்டகம், யானை, giraffe தவிர???)........ NON VEG சாப்பிடும் N. R. I. அய்யர்கள் :hungry:மற்றவர்களுக்கும் சேர்த்து "ஒரு பிடி பிடித்த"தாகக் கேள்வி!
அடாடா! இது நாங்கள் சென்ற இன்னொரு (ஐ + நா)யர் கல்யாண விருந்து போலவே இருக்கிறதே!
அந்தக் கல்யாணம் கேரளாவில் நடந்ததால், அரிசி சாதம் 'முழித்துப் பார்க்கும்' சிவப்பு ரகம்!! :faint:

அடாடா! இது நாங்கள் சென்ற இன்னொரு (ஐ + நா)யர் கல்யாண விருந்து போலவே இருக்கிறதே!
அந்தக் கல்யாணம் கேரளாவில் நடந்ததால், அரிசி சாதம் 'முழித்துப் பார்க்கும்' சிவப்பு ரகம்!! :faint:

அம்மணி! அது நீங்கள் attend செய்த கல்யாணமே தான்.

நான் சென்றதாக எங்குமே எழுதவில்லையே! :nono:

The last line "ஒரு பிடி பிடித்த"தாகக் கேள்வி! :ear:

is the proof that I have heard about it and not seen it. :)

அம்மணி! அது நீங்கள் attend செய்த கல்யாணமே தான்.,,,,,,,,,
அந்த சிவப்பு, பச்சை அலங்கரித்த வெள்ளைத் தயிர் சாதம் கிடைத்தது, ஒரு டின்னரில் மட்டுமே!

மற்ற
வேளைகளில், சிவப்பு + முழிக்கும் அரிசிதான்! :pout:

"Adap paavame!" :tsk:

You ate that "angry ' rice :mad2:

on that wedding feasts??? :bolt:

அந்த சிவப்பு, பச்சை அலங்கரித்த வெள்ளைத் தயிர் சாதம் கிடைத்தது, ஒரு டின்னரில் மட்டுமே!

மற்ற
வேளைகளில், சிவப்பு + முழிக்கும் அரிசிதான்! :pout:

Last edited:
Once we saw a procession of semi clad men jumping violently and singing noisily. They were also blocking the traffic. :llama:

My father commented witha smile," They KNOW how to get rid of their superfluous energy!" :)

I was very young and did not understand the real significance of the comment till much much later. :confused:

Yes! Those men were on a strict vratham of cilibacy and vegetarianism for a limited period. ;)

I thought that Parkinson's disease affected the movements of a

person much more than his obsessive and random thoughts!

From Wikipedia :-

Early in the course of the disease, the most obvious symptoms are movement-related; these include shaking, rigidity, slowness of movement and difficulty with walking and gait. Later,cognitive and behavioural problems may arise, with dementia commonly occurring in the advanced stages of the disease. Other symptoms include sensory, sleep and emotional problems. PD is more common in the elderly, with most cases occurring after the age of 50.

Dear sir,

I will try when I get the time but may be in a separate thread.

One more info. about the wedding in Kerala.

They served the typical 'kalyANa sadhyA'
for lunch, which included Kerala rice, sAmbAr, kALan, Olan, kootu kari, thOran, erisEry,

puLisEry, aviyal, pineapple pachchadi, rasam, sambAram, inji puli, nenthran chips and more. Since the base was Kerala rice, we could not

relish the food! Anyway, we had three varieties of PAyasam - retti madhura pAyasam, ada pradhaman and chakka pradhaman! Even the

diabetic people chose to eat them! :hungry:

Malayalam is queer in the usagee of verbs. The same verb can be used for a man, a group of men, a cat or even a mouse.

An example will make it clear.
icon3.png

The words "poyi" and "vannu" can be used with he, she, they, a cat and a mouse.

But in Telugu we use different words ( just as we do in Tamil) for the masculine / feminine, singular / plural forms.

This is a concept too difficult for the Malayalees.
"நாய் வரார்". "முதலாளி எப்ப வரான்" என்றெல்லாம் முன்பு மலையாளி தமிழில் பேசியதை கேட்டதுண்டு. ஆங்கிலம் மாதிரி இப்பொழுது தமிழ் உலகளவு மொழி ஆகிவிட்டதே. எல்லோருக்கும் புத்திமட்டுதான்!

Larger the area, smaller the depth for a fixed volume! Am I correct???

Malayalam is queer in the usagee of verbs. The same verb can be used for a man, a group of men, a cat or even a mouse.

icon3.png

But in Telugu we use different words ( just as we do in Tamil) for the masculine / feminine, singular / plural forms.

"நாய் வரார்". "முதலாளி எப்ப வரான்" என்றெல்லாம் முன்பு மலையாளி தமிழில் பேசியதை கேட்டதுண்டு. ஆங்கிலம் மாதிரி இப்பொழுது தமிழ் உலகளவு மொழி ஆகிவிட்டதே. எல்லோருக்கும் புத்திமட்டுதான்!

........"நாய் வரார்". "முதலாளி எப்ப வரான்" என்றெல்லாம் முன்பு மலையாளி தமிழில் பேசியதை கேட்டதுண்டு. ஆங்கிலம் மாதிரி இப்பொழுது தமிழ் உலகளவு மொழி ஆகிவிட்டதே. எல்லோருக்கும் புத்திமட்டுதான்!
சிங்காரச் சென்னையில் எல்லா உயிரினங்களும் சமம்; மனிதர் உட்பட!! 'Boss வந்திருக்கு'; 'அம்மா சொல்லிருக்கு'; 'தாத்தா

கேட்டிருக்கு' 'நாய் கடிச்சிருக்கு' இன்ன பிற.

'புத்திமட்டு' பற்றி முன்பே எழுதிய ஞாபகம்... மீண்டும் ஒரு முறை! புதிதாகத் திருமணம் முடித்து, திருச்சியில் வளர்ந்த பெண்,

பட்டர் வீட்டுக்கு மருமகள் ஆனாள். மாமியார் அடிக்கடி 'பாவம், உனக்குத்தான் புத்3தி3மட்டு!' என்று சொல்ல, இவள் மனம்

உடைந்து போனாள்!
'புத்திசாலியான எனக்கு புத்தி மட்டா?' என்று நண்பியிடம் சொல்லி அழுதபோது, கவின் மலையாளம்

அறிந்த நண்பி விளக்கினாள், 'புத்திமட்டு' என்றால் அவர்கள் மொழியில் 'கஷ்டம்' என்று அர்த்தம், என்று!

கேரளாவில் வாழும் சகோதரி மகன் சென்னை வந்தபோது வெடித்த சரமாரிப் பட்டாசுகளின் சத்தம் கேட்டு, என் மகனிடம்,

'எந்துக்கு இத்தற ப்ராவ
ஸ்யம் படக்கம் (padakkam) வெக்கறா?' என்று கேட்க அவன் clean bowled!! :bowl:

icon3.png

Actually I dont know why many people think that Malayalam is closer to Tamil than any other language but when I was studying in Karnataka I found Kannada much easier to pick up and understand than Malayalam..I could never manage with a Malayalam speaking patient and always asked for a translator but with Kannada speaking patients most of us had no problems.

Kannada is easier on the tongue..easy to pronounce and most of us Tamilians found it easier than Malayalam.
Even Tulu was much easier than Malayalam to pick up words here and there.

We all discuss about the language of Malayalam, which is very rich with Sanskrit
words, but we fail to notice the UNITY amongst them, which we can not find
in other language spoken people. They will neither bother about the surroundings
nor about the place where they are located or situated or living, they will immediately
grasp from the accent or system of sounds from the the opponent and immediately
switch over to communicate their enquiries, thoughts and feelings in their own tongue.
They will never compromise with their language wherever they are and they have the
God's blessings too to mix with people very easily without any secondary thoughts.
They always avoid in-fights whenever they are away from their hometown.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Oscar Wilde.

On an occasion of this kind it becomes more than a oral duty to speak one's mind. It becomes a pleasure. :dance:

Three addresses always inspire confidence , even in tradesmen.:becky:

Never speak disrespectfully of the Society, Algrnon.
Only people who can't get into it do that. :eyebrows:

மாமியார் அடிக்கடி 'பாவம், உனக்குத்தான் புத்3தி3மட்டு!' என்று சொல்ல, இவள் மனம்
உடைந்து போனாள்! 'புத்திசாலியான எனக்கு புத்தி மட்டா?' என்று நண்பியிடம் சொல்லி அழுதபோது, கவின் மலையாளம் அறிந்த நண்பி விளக்கினாள், 'புத்திமட்டு' என்றால் அவர்கள் மொழியில் 'கஷ்டம்' என்று அர்த்தம், என்று! ....

மாமியார் சொல்வது 'பாவம், உனக்குத்தான் புத்திட்டு!' (budhi-matu) என்று அல்ல,
மாமியார் சொல்வது புத்திமுட்டு (budhi-muttu = 'கஷ்டம்' )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back