• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Life is like that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
மாமியார் சொல்வது 'பாவம், உனக்குத்தான் புத்திட்டு!' (budhi-matu) என்று அல்ல,
மாமியார் சொல்வது புத்திமுட்டு (budhi-muttu = 'கஷ்டம்' )
சுத்தத் தமிழ் பேசுபவளுக்கு, 'முட்டு' என்பது 'மட்டு' என்று கேட்டதோ என்னவோ!

பொதுவாகத் தன் மாமியாரை நல்லவளாக யார் எண்ணுவார்? :pound:

# 310. The most exciting Day!

அன்று என் பெரிய மகன் அமெரிக்கன் சிட்டிசன் ஆகும் தினம்.

காலையிலிருந்தே ஒரே பரபரப்பு எல்லோருக்குமே. :roll:

அடுத்த நாள் அவன் பிறந்த தினம் கூட.

ஆகவே celebrating மூட் வந்து விட்டது. :party:

மருமகள் full length skirt, matching tops and accessories

அணிந்து சிறு பள்ளிமாணவி போல cute ஆக இருந்தாள்.

நானும் தயார் எப்போதும் போல ஆறு கஜம் புடவையில்.

அவர்கள் நண்பியும் எங்களுடன் வர விரும்பினாள்.

ஆனால் அவளிடம் எல்லாமே working clothes.

Party wear டிரஸ் ஒன்று கூட இல்லை.

அவள் உயரத்துக்கும், உடல்வாகுவுக்கும்,

மருமகளின் உடைகள் பற்றாது.

"புடவை அணிந்து கொள்கிறாயா?"

என்றதும் ஆயிரம் வாட் புன்னகை!
icon3.png

தன்னிடம் இருந்த எல்லா jeans tops களையும்

எடுத்து வந்தாள்.

மயில்துத்தக் கலர் டாப்புக்கு மாட்சிங் ஆக

ஒரு சாரி புதியது இருந்தது.

என் புதுப் பாவாடையைக் கட்டி,

புடவை கட்டி முடிப்பதற்குள்

நேரம் ஆகி விட்டது என்று மகன்

அவசரப்படுத்த ஆரம்பித்தான்!

திடீரென்று மருமகளும் ஒரு designer சாரியைக் கொண்டு

வந்து அவளுக்கும் கட்டிவிடச் சொல்லி நிற்கிறாள்.

அவளையும் தயார் செய்வதற்குள்

11th hour ரஷ் தொடங்கியது. :clock:

எல்லோரும் காரில் ஏறி விரைந்தோம்.

சாரியில் நடக்கத் தெரியாத நண்பி

அதை வரிந்து மேலே தூக்கிக் கொண்டு நடக்கவே

எனக்குச் சிரிப்பு ஒரு பக்கம் வருகிறது.

அதை எப்படி ஸ்டைலாக கொஞ்சமாகத் தூக்கிகொண்டு

நடக்க வேண்டும் என்று சொல்லித் தந்து

அழைத்துச் சென்றேன்.

Metal detector பாடத் தொடங்கியது மருமகளைக் கண்டதும்!

அவள் சாரியில் தங்கக் கலர் மெடல் மணிகள் (beads)

தைத்திருந்தது காரணம்.

11th hour ரஷ்ஷில் நானும் அதை கவனிக்கவில்லை.

அடுத்த ஹிட்ச் எங்கள் photo I.D.

எதுவுமே எடுத்துச் செல்லவில்லை அவசரத்தில்.

நான் என்ன நடந்து என்று விவரித்து முடிக்கும் வரை

பொறுமையாகக் கேட்டு விட்டு, பேசி முடிந்த உடனேயே

"Please come again more slowly this time"

என்றாரே பார்க்க வேண்டும்!

என்னுடைய A.K 47 வேகமும், இந்தியன் accent டும்

அவருக்குப் புரியவில்லையாம்.

எங்கள் excitement டைப் பார்த்த பிறகு

அவருக்குத் தடுக்க மனம் வரவில்லை.

"Keep your I.D with you always!" என்று அறிவுறுத்தி,

பெரிய மனது பண்ணி எங்களை உள்ளே அனுப்பினார்.

அன்று 60 + புது அமெரிக்கன் சிடிசன்கள்

பிரமாணம் எடுத்துக் கொண்டனர்.

பிறகு பேசியவர்களில் இருவர் தவிர எல்லோருமே பெண்கள்!

என்னையும் பேசச் சொன்னாள் மருமகள்.

அந்த ஹாலின் ஒரு மூலையிலிருந்து

மறு மூலைக்கு நடக்க வேண்டுமே.

அதனால் மறுத்து விட்டேன்.

மகன் மிகவும் நன்றாகப் பேசினான்.

Governor wave செய்தார் எங்களுக்கு.

Dining out செய்து இரண்டு தினங்களையும் சேர்த்துக்

கொண்டாடினோம்.

Life can never carry luck on all occasions. Sometimes it becomes a Test and one
has to have the courage and intelligence to proceed along leading to great moments.
Just like a playing card, either one can also play one's Ace as the best resource or
fail in an examination or an academic course if not prepared properly, or something
in between to know the destiny but if he quits he happens to fail once for all without
having a belief or power to control the events owing to unpleasant experience.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Can any one speak or understand :ear:

Greek / Latin here in the Forum ???

1. I can speak, but cannot understand. Would I be useful to the job?

2. Do you need Greek or Latin knowing or both languages knowing person/s?

3. What is the job on hand? I can arrange for mercenaries (both greek and latin - but they are not gift bearers) Are they okay?

Last edited:
Can any one speak or understand :ear:

Greek / Latin here in the Forum ???

most medical terms are in Greek and Latin for example Dysphagia..
Dys means Difficult
Phagia means swallowing..hence Difficultly in Swallowing.

Diabetes Mellitus is Latin meaning Sweet U****
Mellitus means Sweet.
I am not explaining meaning of Diabetes cos it will remind many of some infamous analogy I once used.

Greek words are used widely in medical terminology for example the word Pathy from the word Pathos meaning a disease/suffering and hence words like Myopathy,Retinopathy,Neuropathy..

And all the years of learning Piano has made me pick Italian up words like Mezzoforte,Fortississimo etc..

Coming back to Greek language..I am sure its has its origin in Sanskrit cos how else did it get the meaning of Pathy so correct?
Pathy in Greek means Disease/Suffering just like the effect caused by the Pati(husband) in Sanskrit!!!LOL

Last edited:
The job on hand is deciphering long winding sentences into simple linear sentences - understood by everyone.

Oh well I think I will skip those posts anyway :)

You can speak Greek but NOT understand it.

It is better than writing something and NOT understanding
what we have written! Isn't it?

Once my elder sister wrote down a telephone number without wearing her specs. Later she could not read her own hand writing.

I prompted her to read it without wearing her glasses and it actually worked out well!!!

1. I can speak, but cannot understand. Would I be useful to the job?

2. Do you need Greek or Latin knowing or both languages knowing person/s?

3. What is the job on hand? I can arrange for mercenaries (both greek and latin - but they are not gft bearers) Are they okay?

May NOT be interesting / inviting / enticing enough to

infest /infect/ since the traffic is less in comparison. :horn:

You must be glad to note that many of your threads like (i) Quotable quotes (ii) A poem a day; (iii) Daily Dose; (iv) From Adam.... etc. are free of virus infection.

Once my elder sister wrote down a telephone number without wearing her specs. Later she could not read her own hand writing.

I prompted her to read it without wearing her glasses and it actually worked out well!!!

In our office, we once had a clerk, whose hand-writing was so bad that nobody could read it. He was the accounting clerk for petty expenditures and related vouchers.

Once the auditors wanted to have a random check and asked for vouchers. As they could not read the vouchers prepared by him, they sought the help of other staff, but they could not decipher what is written on the vouchers.

The concerned clerk himself was later asked to explain what he had written. He astounded the auditors by asking "what is the use in asking me to read the details now? You should have asked while I wrote them then!!! I cannot now read what I had written then!!!!

Last edited:
When I set out to prepare the list of English words of Greek origin, I got a pleasant shock to learn that one out of every English words is from Greek origin. So the task might take more than my life time and I gave it up for good! Whew!

Actually I dont know why many people think that Malayalam is closer to Tamil than any other language but when I was studying in Karnataka I found Kannada much easier to pick up and understand than Malayalam..I could never manage with a Malayalam speaking patient and always asked for a translator but with Kannada speaking patients most of us had no problems.

Kannada is easier on the tongue..easy to pronounce and most of us Tamilians found it easier than Malayalam.
Even Tulu was much easier than Malayalam to pick up words here and there.
Malayalam is half Sanskrit and half Tamil. "Ezhuththachchan" is reported to have perfected the language, if I may say so. I do not know much about Malayalam. But I do know they use the most pure Tamil in their day-to-day life. In a lighter vein, may I say that in "Muththamizh", the 3 are independent, but in Malayalam the 3s are one.

He is honest to the core like the child who exposed the fraud

of the invisible dress worn by a King!

In our office, we once had a clerk, whose hand-writing was so bad that nobody could read it. He was the accounting clerk for petty expenditures and related vouchers.

Once the auditors wanted to have a random check and asked for vouchers. As they could not read the vouchers prepared by him, they sought the help of other staff, but they could not decipher what is written on the vouchers.

The concerned clerk himself was later asked to explain what he has written. He astounded the auditors by asking "what is the use in asking me to read the details now? You should have asked while I wrote them then!!! I cannot now read what I had written then!!!!

Malayalam is half Sanskrit and half Tamil. "Ezhuththachchan" is reported to have perfected the language, if I may say so. I do not know much about Malayalam. But I do know they use the most pure Tamil in their day-to-day life. In a lighter vein, may I say that in "Muththamizh", the 3 are independent, but in Malayalam the 3s are one.

The words are either purest Sanskrit or

purest Tamil like "nalgu", "nokku" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back