• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Life is like that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the sale of pouch pack caught on!

When I questioned about the exorbitant price of every Amway product, the only answer given - irrespective of the product- was that it will last of 2 years or 3 years.

I told them, "Let me buy smaller and cheaper packs which last me for 3 or 2 months instead!"

In fact that is how the sale of the pouch pack shampoo caught on surprising everyone.

The bottle was too costly for most people to be able to afford.
But when the same shampoo was packed for single use and sold for a few rupees everyone started buying.

It was so convenient...no leaks and no need for storage space nor any storage problems!

Everything from pickles for a single meal has appeared in the small pouch packets and became an instant success.

Small IS as beautiful as it is convenient ! :)

Renuka Madam,

I totally agree that men do wear short and sleeveless T Shirts in the leisure time. But there is entirely
a difference between Men and Women in Indian Customs. If one goes to Goa Beach, you will find many
Ladies wearing Sexi Bikini, Bikini Swim Wear etc. In Olden days, when you go to you temple tank or
river for bathing, there used to be two different earmarked areas for men and ladies separately. I
have seen South Indian Ladies wearing Apparel and Old Ladies wearing Maxi, with that sometimes
they come to shopping too for want of time. Leave alone Magazines as you say, why men should see.
But no one can close the eyes if some advertisements appear abruptly in the TV when you are at a
Serial or a Movie along with the family members. There is an obscene advertisement for a Tea promotion
business. In fact, they show a lady without any dress for reduction of fat in thigh and other women parts
of the body. Can they be seen by elders when children are with them? Then dress fashion parade
advertisements where topless shirts are worn by ladies with just an underwear. Are these permissible?
There are many obscene pictures appear in the TV and in the media. The Indian culture has got spoiled
only because of Media, TV and Magazines. I hope you would agree with this. College Girls of both sex
peruse such books and handle them very casually without any fear from the elders these days. Just to
recollect from Kambar Ramanayanam, there is an instance describing Unless both see each other, nothing
is going to happen. My point is, it is only girls are responsible inviting problems and not the boys. Some
Girls wear very tight Pants and Shirts. Are these permissible in the Society? If the girls wear descent dress
and are firm not giving opportunity to the boys to come near and talk each other, where is the question
of wrong diversion (without the knowledge of parents). Some elderly persons only see such things and
have to close their eyes, as nothing can be done by them. Higher Education and Good employment alone makes
Girls to get deceived. If you see Matrimonial Magazines, you will find many Divorcees these days. Is it not a pitiable
situation?

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
In SingArach Chennai, we often see the tiny plastic bags containing sambar, koottu, rasam etc tied tightly with a rubber band.

This 'kudumi' portion is amazing!!

In Malaysia, we noticed a special method of tying the rubber bands, which could not be easily removed, unless we knew the trick! :clap2:

That 50 m.l kudumi packets feed the families of many mamis indirectly - by feeding many bachelors and single men directly.

Once a shop keeper persuaded me to buy the kuttyk kudumi packet of sambar or rasam. Strangely both were priced the same...in spite of the extra dhal and coconut present in the sambar.

He was inducing me to buy saying that they were prepared by a mami. I told him that I am also a mami and he laughed aloud and let me go away.
:)

In SingArach Chennai, we often see the tiny plastic bags containing sambar, koottu, rasam etc tied tightly with a rubber band.

This 'kudumi' portion is amazing!!

In Malaysia, we noticed a special method of tying the rubber bands, which could not be easily removed, unless we knew the trick! :clap2:

A topless shirt ???

Isn't topless = No shirt!
:wacko:

Drool over a catwalk in underwear and :evil:

then give sermons like a holy man. :angel:

Yes! Life is like that! :drama:

Renuka Madam,

I totally agree that men do wear short and sleeveless T Shirts in the leisure time. But there is entirely
a difference between Men and Women in Indian Customs. If one goes to Goa Beach, you will find many
Ladies wearing Sexi Bikini, Bikini Swim Wear etc. In Olden days, when you go to you temple tank or
river for bathing, there used to be two different earmarked areas for men and ladies separately. I
have seen South Indian Ladies wearing Apparel and Old Ladies wearing Maxi, with that sometimes
they come to shopping too for want of time. Leave alone Magazines as you say, why men should see.
But no one can close the eyes if some advertisements appear abruptly in the TV when you are at a
Serial or a Movie along with the family members. There is an obscene advertisement for a Tea promotion
business. In fact, they show a lady without any dress for reduction of fat in thigh and other women parts
of the body. Can they be seen by elders when children are with them? Then dress fashion parade
advertisements where topless shirts are worn by ladies with just an underwear. Are these permissible?
There are many obscene pictures appear in the TV and in the media. The Indian culture has got spoiled
only because of Media, TV and Magazines. I hope you would agree with this. College Girls of both sex
peruse such books and handle them very casually without any fear from the elders these days. Just to
recollect from Kambar Ramanayanam, there is an instance describing Unless both see each other, nothing
is going to happen. My point is, it is only girls are responsible inviting problems and not the boys. Some
Girls wear very tight Pants and Shirts. Are these permissible in the Society? If the girls wear descent dress
and are firm not giving opportunity to the boys to come near and talk each other, where is the question
of wrong diversion (without the knowledge of parents). Some elderly persons only see such things and
have to close their eyes, as nothing can be done by them. Higher Education and Good employment alone makes
Girls to get deceived. If you see Matrimonial Magazines, you will find many Divorcees these days. Is it not a pitiable
situation?

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Sir this song is for you, check out SRK's transparent shirt.

[video=youtube_share;VIBpxlyLkPY]http://youtu.be/VIBpxlyLkPY[/video]

Oscar Wilde.

I became a spendthrift of my own genius and to waste an eternal youth gave me a curious joy.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions quotations.
:decision:

Last edited:
# 308. Non Veg in Weddings.

ஒரு திருமணத்துக்குச் சென்று விட்டு

onion ரைத்தாவுடன் பிசைந்த வெள்ளை அரிசி

(வைட் ரைஸ் இன் தமிழ் ஆக்கம்) உண்டேன். :doh:

இப்போதும் நடந்தது ஒரு "அய்யர் வீட்டுக் கல்யாணம்"

ஆனால் மணப்பெண் ஒரு pure naayar.

அவர்கள் விருந்து தந்தால் என்ன சமைப்பார்கள்?

அத்தனையும் விஸ்தாரமாகச் சமைத்திருந்தார்கள்.

(ஒட்டகம், யானை, giraffe தவிர???) :scared:

பாவப்பட்ட நம் போன்ற பட்டர்கள் உண்ண முடிந்தது

"முட்டாளுக்கு மூன்று நேரம் மோருஞ் சாதம்" ஒன்றே.

ஏதோ நிறையத் தயிர் ஊற்றி மாதுளை முத்துக்கள்,

பச்சை நிற விதை இல்லாத திராக்ஷை போட்டிருந்ததால்

அதையே பெரிய விருந்தாக எண்ணித்

தன்னைத் தானே ஏமாற்றிக் கொள்ள முடிந்தது. :pout:

NON VEG சாப்பிடும் N. R. I. அய்யர்கள் :hungry:

மற்றவர்களுக்கும் சேர்த்து "ஒரு பிடி பிடித்த"தாகக் கேள்வி!

When
நிறையத் தயிர் ஊற்றி மாதுளை முத்துக்கள்,

பச்சை நிற விதை இல்லாத திராக்ஷை போட்டிருந்த
was there, why
onion ரைத்தாவுடன் பிசைந்த வெள்ளை அரிசி ?
Did you go with the Karpanai that you will eat two varieties?

When
நிறையத் தயிர் ஊற்றி மாதுளை முத்துக்கள்,

பச்சை நிற விதை இல்லாத திராக்ஷை போட்டிருந்த
was there, why
onion ரைத்தாவுடன் பிசைந்த வெள்ளை அரிசி ?
Did you go with the Karpanai that you will eat two varieties?

The incident related on the top was in a Naayar wedding three months ago.

The incident related below is also in a Nayar wedding but three years a ago!

If I HAVE to eat only in karpanai why would choose mere thayir chaadam :doh:
when I can STRETCH my imagination to include :hungry:
all the fancy dishes which I know only be name :love:???

shows clearly that it is another wedding ( Iyer + Nayar).

shows clearly that it is another wedding ( Iyer + Nayar).

போகிறபோக்கில் எல்லோரும் "அவியல்" (எல்லாம் கலந்தது) சாப்பிட தயாராக வேண்டியதுதான். இல்லையெனில், மற்ற விரத நாட்களை விட்டுவிட்டு இந்த விருந்து நாட்களை விரத நாட்களாக கொண்டாடலாமே!

Malayalam is queer in the usagee of verbs. The same verb can be used for a man, a group of men, a cat or even a mouse.

An example will make it clear.
icon3.png

The words "poyi" and "vannu" can be used with he, she, they, a cat and a mouse.

But in Telugu we use different words ( just as we do in Tamil) for the masculine / feminine, singular / plural forms.

This is a concept too difficult for the Malayalees. So they again start using the same verb for every word but with a difference.

They use the word with the highest respect given and the result is, more often than not, very very funny! :)

"Maa intikki oka billi ochchaaru!" = "enga veettukku oru poonai vanthaaru!"

Once a malayalee ...always a malayalee.

Once a billi...............always a billi.

Once a bully.............always a bully.:heh:

( just for the sake of rhyme) :ear:

Last edited:
Oscar Wilde.

Questions are never indiscreet. :nono:
Answers sometimes are. :nod:

Morality is simply the attitude we adopt
towards people whom we personally dislike. :hand:

You don't seem to realize that in married life
three is company and two is none. :gossip:

# 309. Octopus kooraa!

ஒரு சுந்தத் தெலுங்கர் வீட்டுத் திருமணம்.

பரிமாறுபவன் எதோ ஒரு வினோத படைப்பை

எடுத்து என் இலையில் வைத்தான்!

அவ்வளவு சீக்கிரமாகவோ, அவ்வளவு எளிதாகவோ அல்ல.

அதன் கொண்டையை பற்றி எடுத்து, குலுக்கி, நீவி விட்டு,

அதன் எட்டுக் கால்களையும் இடக் கையால் பற்றிக் கொண்டு

அதை சர்வ ஜக்கிரதையாக இலையில்

நீட்டமாகப் படுக்க வைத்தான்!

எழுந்து இறங்கி ஓடிவிடுமோ ஒருவேளை ???

"அது என்ன OCTOPUS கூராவா?"

அருகில் அமர்ந்திருந்த நண்பி கூறினார்,

" மீரு பயப்பட ஒத்து! இதி வங்காயக் கூர!"

(தெலுங்கு வங்காய = தமிழ் கத்தரிக்காய்.)

அது ஒரு சூப்பர் special டிஷ் என்ற சொன்னாள்.

கத்தரிக்காயின் பாவைடையைக் 'கோசாமல்'

அதை மட்டும் எட்டுத் துண்டுகளாக் 'கோசி'

உள்ளே மசாலா அடைத்து,

பிரியாமல் இருக்க நூலால் கட்டி,

ஏகப்பட்ட எண்ணையில் அலுங்காமல் வதக்கி எடுத்து,

நூலைக் கழற்றி, சர்வ ஜாக்கிரதையாகப்

பரிமாற வேண்டுமாம்.

கேட்கும் போதே தலை சுற்றியது. :dizzy:

இத்தனை பேருக்கு
இதை எப்படித் தயார் செய்தார்கள்?

என்னைப் போன்ற எத்தனை பேர்

இது என்ன வென்று தெரியாமல் :scared:

மருண்டு உண்ணாமல் வேஸ்ட் செய்திருப்போம்!

யார் உட்கார்ந்து இதை எல்லாம் கண்டுபிடிக்கிறார்கள்?:doh:

இத்தனை மூளையையும், கற்பனையையும்,

வேறு வழியில் செலுத்தி இருந்தால்

நாம் அல்லவா
விண்வெளி ஆராய்ச்சியில்

முதல் இடம் பெற்றிருப்போம்!!! :whoo:

Sanskrit is one of the oldest languages and all the South East Asian languages
have emanated from Sanskrit. All the above have the Varnamala called Brahmi
group of alphabets. Some material list out the languages around 6800 or so
including dialects spoken on this earth. In India itself some have estimated a
very good number as compared to the present ones. Except a few, all of them do
not have their own script but share Devanagri script. Some of the Indian languages
are very popular in the world i.e. Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu) out of
the largest spoken languages on this earth, while Hindi stands at Rank No.3 or so,
after Chinese and English. Presently some of the Indian languages are written in
contemporary scripts viz. Malayalam, Tamil, Kannad (Telugu), Gujarathi, Gurmukhi,
Oriya, Bengali (Assamiya) and Devnagari. There are many more details on this topic
and this thread will become a very big one, when we start tracing the history.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
Recap and retold.

இத்தனை மூளையையும், கற்பனையையும்,

வேறு வழியில் செலுத்தி இருந்தால் :laser:

நாம் அல்லவா
விண்வெளி ஆராய்ச்சியில்

முதல் இடம் பெற்றிருப்போம்!!!
:frusty:

Status
Not open for further replies.